The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

I truly detest how much fortune Liverpool get at times.

I can't help but notice your lot sitting down the entire match even though you have an entire stand packed out.  Weird that.

I've never understood that.

Everton always sell out their allocation at our place, but always sit.

It's rare a team that sells its allocation sits down so consistently. Still make a decent amount of noise, just from a seated position.

I truly detest how much fortune Liverpool get at times.

I can't help but notice your lot sitting down the entire match even though you have an entire stand packed out.  Weird that.

The DW Stadium is a depressing sight at the best of times, I can understand it.

Yeah, if they hadn't won the CL final (fluky win on its own right) and weaseled a CL spot out of it I could have seen them getting into trouble to keep Gerrard, or to be able to strenghten the squad to retain a top 4 position these past years.

If they end up getting 4th again this year you can't barely blame anybody other than the supposed chasing pack though, they are there for the taking this season.

I don't want to win 5-0 at Anfield next weekend btw. I want us to be battered, survive numerous convincing penalty claims and then grab an 88th minute winner via 3 deflections. Then, Heitinga can smash Carragher in the face and Carragher to be sent off.

Yeah, if they hadn't won the CL final (fluky win on its own right) and weaseled a CL spot out of it I could have seen them getting into trouble to keep Gerrard, or to be able to strenghten the squad to retain a top 4 position these past years.

If they end up getting 4th again this year you can't barely blame anybody other than the supposed chasing pack though, they are there for the taking this season.

I think they'll finish 4th. Quietly they're getting their act together one way or another on the pitch - if they were in the form they were in a month or so ago, I'd fancy us to win next weekend but as it is, I'll take a point.

I don't want to win 5-0 at Anfield next weekend btw. I want us to be battered, survive numerous convincing penalty claims and then grab an 88th minute winner via 3 deflections. Then, Heitinga can smash Carragher in the face and Carragher to be sent off.

Wasn't he a blue growing up, then one day playing for Liverpool claimed to stop supporting them?

I've never seen Carragher, on or off the pitch, conduct himself in any other way other than a total nobhead.

I really like McCarthy's interviews; refreshingly honest and to the point.

Messi: apparently that's right, but I'm sceptical of all the "used to support the rival club" stories. I wouldn't be surprised, though. I'd call Gerrard a canny bloke if we're using Carragher as a benchmark.

Didn't Carragher almost injury a teammate in training because he had pissed all over him on the pitch or something like that? Somebody told me that story some years ago, hardcore ManU fan mind so could be a windup.

He boasts about injuring underperforming foreigners in training and arranging for Lucas Neil to be beaten up in his autobiography.

How did Senderos do Neil/1878 haven't watched motd or heard anything about your match excluding the score.

Pretty well. A few edgy moments but otherwise was decent enough. Helpul to have him in terms of numbers, Distin still doesn't seem to be fully fit.

Didn't Carragher almost injury a teammate in training because he had pissed all over him on the pitch or something like that? Somebody told me that story some years ago, hardcore ManU fan mind so could be a windup.

He boasts about injuring underperforming foreigners in training and arranging for Lucas Neil to be beaten up in his autobiography.

Grade A cunt then.

Great choices tomorrow: Arsenal v Man Utd, ACoN final, Sevilla v Valencia to name three.

Wait till you live with your girlfriend. You'll get to watch one of those if you're lucky.

I was going to say exactly the same thing.

How on earth do you lot manage to watch so much football? I've lived with my Mrs ten years now, and if i want to watch a match, i need to start dropping hints and being nice around the house at least 10 days in advance.

:lol: Been doing the same with the Arsenal match tomorrow. All I got was "for fuck's sake I've let you watch it tonight haven't I?"

Way to wear them pants, lads.

Two more goals for Park Joo-Young at Monaco. I haven't actually seen him play this year but the local press is making it sound like he's ripping the French league to shreds! (Perhaps babatunde could enlighten me on this?)

Between him, Lee Chung-Yong at Bolton, Ki Sung-Yong at Celtic and the usual suspects (Park Ji-Sung, Lee Young-Pyo etc) I don't think we've ever had a stronger national team. Summer can't come soon enough.

Great choices tomorrow: Arsenal v Man Utd, ACoN final, Sevilla v Valencia to name three.

Wait till you live with your girlfriend. You'll get to watch one of those if you're lucky.

I KNOWWW KILL ME KILL ME NOW!!!!  :'(

In the past 7 or 8 months she's been here, I've watched about 7 or 8 matches. FML

Is getting better though, watched Egypt-Algeria and the Toon game last night. I get to watch the final tonight too  :frantic:

Guest kingdawson

Two more goals for Park Joo-Young at Monaco. I haven't actually seen him play this year but the local press is making it sound like he's ripping the French league to shreds! (Perhaps babatunde could enlighten me on this?)

Between him, Lee Chung-Yong at Bolton, Ki Sung-Yong at Celtic and the usual suspects (Park Ji-Sung, Lee Young-Pyo etc) I don't think we've ever had a stronger national team. Summer can't come soon enough.

He looks a damn good player. Very creative and always to seems to get himself in good positions.

He looks a damn good player. Very creative and always to seems to get himself in good positions.

I've been touting him to make it in Europe ever since he made his debut for my local club, but it's still surprising how quickly he's adapted. The lad's mentality is his biggest strength imo, I've never seen a more fearless player. I feel that part of what's held Park back in the Prem is that he's very hesitant about using his technique or trying risky moves (Fergie probably had a hand in this as well. Park is a completely different player when he's captaining the national team.) Not so with Lee.

Keep an eye on Ki Sung-Yong at Celtic. He was fantastic working in the same team as Lee and I'm sure he'll be making to move over to the Prem within a couple of years.

Guest kingdawson

I've been touting him to make it in Europe ever since he made his debut for my local club, but it's still surprising how quickly he's adapted. The lad's mentality is his biggest strength imo, I've never seen a more fearless player. I feel that part of what's held Park back in the Prem is that he's very hesitant about using his technique or trying risky moves (Fergie probably had a hand in this as well. Park is a completely different player when he's captaining the national team.) Not so with Lee.

Keep an eye on Ki Sung-Yong at Celtic. He was fantastic working in the same team as Lee and I'm sure he'll be making to move over to the Prem within a couple of years.

Yeh i can see that in his style of play tbh. Pretty fearless player that's not afraid to roam from his position and try various different things (be it long range shots, fancy flicks, ect ect). I like how humble South Korean players are in general. Lee was the consummate professional when he was with us and did a damn good job