The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

KD, now that you are around, what's your opinion on the signing of Gudjohnsen? I actually grew to like the lad despite him not being as succesful as we hoped.

I like the signing. We have absolutely no one upfront that has a brain. We have Robbie Keane that thinks in his deluded mind can play the deep lying role effectively (well in reality he's total dog s*** playing that role). Gudjohnsen gives us an option we simply don't have.

You lot played him on the tip of the 3 man midfield didn't you? 

Lately yes, his most successful times (imho) were on the front three, swapping with Eto'o as striker.

Guest kingdawson

KD, now that you are around, what's your opinion on the signing of Gudjohnsen? I actually grew to like the lad despite him not being as succesful as we hoped.

I like the signing. We have absolutely no one upfront that has a brain. We have Robbie Keane that thinks in his deluded mind can play the deep lying role effectively (well in reality he's total dog s*** playing that role). Gudjohnsen gives us an option we simply don't have.

Lately yes, his most successful times (imho) were on the front three, swapping with Eto'o as striker.

That's good to hear. How do you think he'll do? do you think he can form a good partnership with Defoe (or any of our strikers for that matter)?

The way Sky are going on about the flick from Nani is absolutely pathetic. He does it all the fucking time, and in fact probably needs to do less of that and be more direct and effective. Ronaldo was exactly the same when he started there.

That's good to hear. How do you think he'll do? do you think he can form a good partnership with Defoe (or any of our strikers for that matter)?

He seemed to lose a lot of his mobility in the past years, and I'm not sure he's fit to play as a forward because of that. Might be a motivation issue, mind. His best attributes were exquisite handling of the ball, his first touch and ball controll in tight spaces was fantastic. He was great drifting into the box coming from the wing or as attacking midfielder. His finishing, however, wasn't all *that*. If you can work out his motivation (that's what seemed to hold him back lately), I guess he will work well for you.

He scored one of the best goals by a Barça player of the last years in his league debut. Amazing how he didn't let that ball touch the ground as he dribbled past Celta's CB.

Guest Howaythetoon

Rooney is the best centre-forward in the game at the moment, he has it all and is now starting to be more prolific.

Guest Howaythetoon

Rooney is the best centre-forward in the game at the moment, he has it all and is now starting to be more prolific.

:thup: what he can still achieve is frightening. Personally, I sincerely hope he can do it especially if it means England winning the WC.

For me he has always been a world-class footballer without sometimes performing like one but now he is doing it on a consistent basis and he has even added a few extra strengths to his game which was already very good to start with. He is perhaps the ultimate forward in terms of his all-round game. I certainly can't recall any striker with as many attributes.

Guest sicko2ndbest

His pace suprises me. There are not many quicker in the premier league. The way he overlapped on the counter today and how quickly he arrived for the second goal.

Fast

Strong as an ox

Clever (in a football sense)

Winners mentality

The guy is an absolute beast. An instance in the game sticks out for me when he has just come back on after getting a knock to the knee, he picks the ball up on the left cuts inside and unleashes a fantastic effort from abou 25 yards out of nothing and with no back lift

World class

:thup: what he can still achieve is frightening. Personally, I sincerely hope he can do it especially if it means England winning the WC.

For me he has always been a world-class footballer without sometimes performing like one but now he is doing it on a consistent basis and he has even added a few extra strengths to his game which was already very good to start with. He is perhaps the ultimate forward in terms of his all-round game. I certainly can't recall any striker with as many attributes.

Ronaldo for one. The only weakness he ever had was his heading, not that when they never came to his head he didn't finish them but it just wasn't his game. Rooney's definitely an efficient machine now, just a shame the flair has been coached out of him. As I'd still rather watch the Rooney from 2004 who played a bit deeper than the Rooney of now.

He's absolutely on fire recently. What a great player.

about time he lived up to the hype.

He's only been doing it for 7 years.

Inconsistently.

Because Ferguson held him back by using him to do Ronaldo's donkey work and fucking him about on the left wing

He's absolutely on fire recently. What a great player.

about time he lived up to the hype.

He's only been doing it for 7 years.

Inconsistently.

Because Ferguson held him back by using him to do Ronaldo's donkey work and fucking him about on the left wing

never looked like someone to score a load though imo not sure if hes turned it up a level or it really is just a one man show up front for man u

Guest Heneage

FT 2-1 to Sevilla with a Negredo brace. His second was a beaut.

How would you describe Negredo in terms of a striker. He seems very much all round, just a good finisher and target man. Was he as much of a focal point for Almeria as it seemed?