The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Most of my Villa mates havn't gone to the game tonight due to the Moscow fiasco last season and I dont blame them.

Some of them wasted hundreds of pounds last season watching Villa progress in the competition only to have it thrown back in their faces by playing a reserve team in the later stages of the competition. Its caused a lot of ill feeling

In my opinion whether its the League Cup, FA Cup or Europa League, teams (including Newcastle) should play their strongest possible line up. If not then dont bother entering and save the fans from being ripped off. (I was disappointed that Newcastle played a weakened team in midweek although on that occasion it did turn out be an entertaining game)

At the end of the day teams like Villa and Newcastle are not about to win the Premier League. The best chance of a trophy, (which is supposed to be what its all about), is in one of the Cup competitions so lets go for it

That's my situation, Brummiemag.

As I said earlier, I am a season ticket holder, and I went to all the UEFA home matches, and the Intertoto ones last season.

I thought at the time that MON was making the right decision in Moscow (and what a lot of people forget is that the kids played very, very well over there, and could have won, but that's by the by). Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I'd have gone tonight if I had thought we were in a better position to compete in this competition this year, but we are not. So, whilst I think they did the right thing last season, the same argument can not be used twice, so I'm at home watching on Five and sitting this one out on a matter of principle.

Guest Heneage

Oh well Villa are through.

Not at all. A goal from Rapid and if it stays like that, they go through. Still in the balance.

Don't be daft, Rapid will not score.

Guest The Libertine

Most of my Villa mates havn't gone to the game tonight due to the Moscow fiasco last season and I dont blame them.

Some of them wasted hundreds of pounds last season watching Villa progress in the competition only to have it thrown back in their faces by playing a reserve team in the later stages of the competition. Its caused a lot of ill feeling

oh no. they should try supporting us.

Guest Stephen927

Just tuned in for that, brill.

Haha me too, did you switch over from Mock The Week?

Nah, switched off the Playstation to see if the match was still on.

Actually scratch that, yes, yes I did.  :coolsmiley: