The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Henry again on the bench for us today, Pedro taking his place. Ibrahimovic on top, Iniesta/Xavi/Touré in midfield... looks sweet.

Almería have improved greatly under Lillo (which I'm delighted since I love the guy), but he plays an extremely positive brand of football which should favour us greatly.

Messi can't take freekicks, nossir.

let's see if we get that game back on track. Almería are being more steely than I expected from a Lillo team. Fair play to them, mind.

Guardiola's been sent off in the first half, for those of you not following it  :razz:

Meh, we are going through the same bad patch we went through last february-march, problem is that Madrid are in a much stronger position now to profit from it than last year. Can easily see them going top today.

Zlatan is just not the same player he was from September-December.

I'd genuinely rather have Carroll than Ibrahimovic. Dogshit.

I'm sorry but

:facepalm:

I've seen Carroll have a good game, I can't say the same for the other bloke.

Must be the first Barcelona match you've watched this season.

I was wondering why Hib's game started an hour earlier then everyone else's, thankfully SSN explained it was because one of the stands is coming down at Easter Road and their isn't enough floodlights in the stadium to have a night time or evening game.

Not sure about Carroll being better but agree with Wullie on Ibrahimovic, the guy is hugely over-rated.

If you watch a handful of games he's involved in every season, aye.

Was the same with Dani Alves last season, had 2 bad games against Chelsea last season and suddenly he was the world's worst right back.

You can tell who watches games regularly when they base an opinion on a player.  There's other channels than ITV.

I've hardly seen anybody English that actually rates Ibra, so don't see how he can be overrated.

Divides opinion tbh, people who watch him twice a season in the Champions League formulate a consise opinion that he's rubbish, while people who watch him regularly realise how talented he actually is.

I'd agree he's having a stinking time of it atm, and he's not worth anywhere near the money paid for him. However he absolutely carried Inter for 3 seasons, and it's taken 3/4 players to replace the goals/creativity he brought to them.

Guest firetotheworks

I've watched Ibra this season and he's been better than when I've seen him before. He's showed some genuine class. That doesn't stop me from thinking that he's still grossly overrated though.

Are there any smaller clubs still in contention for a European title this year?  No Hoffenheim surprises anywhere on the continent?  Just been browsing the European tables and the extent of the domination from the same 5-8 teams is genuinely boring.  Especially in Spain.

Are there any smaller clubs still in contention for a European title this year?  No Hoffenheim surprises anywhere on the continent?  Just been browsing the European tables and the extent of the domination from the same 5-8 teams is genuinely boring.  Especially in Spain.

Braga are still up there in Portugal