The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

That's pretty much what every single Villa fan will tell you.

Defensively, fine, but he doesn't know what to do with the ball when he goes forward.

I think O'Neill likes him there because of his (understandable) tendency to drift in towards the centre backs, and help out, possibly more than a "dedicated" right back would do. He also has a thing about big defenders (which is probably one of the things which did for Shorey. Although the main thing in his case was his defensive weakness).

I thought Luke Young didn't play because he was injured, but I'm sure I saw him on the bench against Reading. Always rated the lad and I can't understand how MON can play Cuellar there instead of him if he's fit.

When did West Brom sign Steven Reid from Blackburn? How many midfielders do they want ffs?!

Unless they're playing someone out of position tonight, they're fielding three defenders, six midfielders and one striker (and one 'keeper, obviously). :kinnear:

When did West Brom sign Steven Reid from Blackburn? How many midfielders do they want ffs?!

Unless they're playing someone out of position tonight, they're fielding three defenders, six midfielders and one striker (and one 'keeper, obviously). :kinnear:

di matteo loves his midfielders

He's alright. Not Arsenal quality by any stretch of the imagination and that's not just judging by the game on saturday.

he gets in the right position just has little composure and his confidence seems to crumble when he misses one leading to further misses