Steven Taylor has his say (again)

Guest sicko2ndbest

Needs to do his talking on the park rather than to the Times. Admire his honesty but think he should have kept schtum until something happens.

Interviewed at a FIFA 10 press event I think, it's not like he's come out looking for this.

Didn't realise. Still think he'd have been better of keeping things like that to himself though tbh.  :undecided:

I would love to see what training looked like under Kinnear.

It never by all accounts. He sat in his office most of the time and Hughton done it all.

The entire situation is disgusting. Night before the season kicks off and not one new player, no manager and the fucking Owner is in another country? What the fuck is going on.

Needs to do his talking on the park rather than to the Times. Admire his honesty but think he should have kept schtum until something happens.

Interviewed at a FIFA 10 press event I think, it's not like he's come out looking for this.

Didn't realise. Still think he'd have been better of keeping things like that to himself though tbh.  :undecided:

Doesn't really inspire confidence in the spirit of the camp when you hear this sort of stuff even if it is understandable.

Doesn't really inspire confidence in the spirit of the camp when you hear this sort of stuff even if it is understandable.

Which is why I think he shouldn't have said it. The fans will read it, his colleagues will read it and I'm struggling to see what it's achieved.

Just confirming that it's been a fucking shambles for a while, which we all knew anyway.

You want them to pop down south after training do you?

ashley's door is approximately 7013 miles away tbf.

What I meant is that they should demand to meet him and talk to him face to face..... unless you two fuckers are just happy with everything as it is.

Which is why I think he shouldn't have said it. The fans will read it, his colleagues will read it and I'm struggling to see what it's achieved.

Just confirming that it's been a fucking shambles for a while, which we all knew anyway.

Yep. Venables said it best in that article when he pointed out players are always looking for excuses for their crap performances so you have to make sure they haven't got any. It sort of looks like ours are getting theirs ready before the season has even kicked off.

Not good.

Guest Mantis

What I meant is that they should demand to meet him and talk to him face to face..... unless you two fuckers are just happy with everything as it is.

I'm sure MA will be happy to come up and have a chinwag with the players, because he really cares how they feel doesn't he.  This fucker isn't happy, but I'm not going to recap my last 100 posts for you.

Guest The Libertine

there's a bit too much "its not our fault" again. they had shearer last year and did fuck all for him or us.

I don't rate Taylor, but at least he quite clearly gives a shit, which judging by the way they rest of them scurried off the pitch last game of the season puts him in a minority of one.

Off on a tangent a bit, but i read this on a Villa forum the other day, talking about Alan Smith

The Alan Smith thing went something along these lines...

He'd looked around towards us towards the end of the game and I shouted out something like "enjoy the Championship"

He heard and asked what I'd said, so I repeated it...

He then said something like "I don't care/why should I care" I then said something like "that's the problem isn't it, none of you care, that's why you’re going down"

Then came the “Why should I care I earn xx thousand a week, I’ve been there before” then I got some mild abuse... I didn’t really have to say anymore.

Now, you can say what you like about the fan taunting him, but I think his response probably says quite a lot, too.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/07/newcastle-steven-taylor-interview-championship

Alan spoke to us when he left at the end of last season. He said he would be back and, this time, he would be doing it his way. I guarantee if he was manager now all our big players who've left – Obafemi Martins, Sébastien Bassong – would still be here.

The chairman would have had a headache over the wage bill but Alan Shearer commands that much respect he would take us straight back up.

Guest Duffer

Just confirming that it's been a f***ing shambles for a while, which we all knew anyway.

+1

I'm sure MA will be happy to come up and have a chinwag with the players, because he really cares how they feel doesn't he.  This fucker isn't happy, but I'm not going to recap my last 100 posts for you.

The players requested meetings with the hierarchy throughout last season and they were refused.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5478831,00.html

From an outsiders' perspective looking in it's difficult to perceive Newcastle as being anything but a club in crisis. What would you say the overall mood is like at St James' Park?

I think the main thing is stability and the club hasn't had that since the Bobby Robson era really. As a group of players, a small group of players, we've had to stick together. We know no-one upstairs is going to help us, that's for sure, so we've got to help ourselves. We've had to do it our way and overall, I think we've had a decent pre-season. We had one little blip, which was well documented, and now we're ready for the first game against West Brom.

All these players who have something to say to the press are quite literally just making excuses for the complete shit performances they know they will put in.

IF / when WBA hump us 3 or 4 nil they'll be back on Monday blaming everything and anyone but themselves.

They are paid to play, they should show pride in their own performance instead of jumping the gun with excuses excuses excuses. 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/07/newcastle-steven-taylor-interview-championship

Alan spoke to us when he left at the end of last season. He said he would be back and, this time, he would be doing it his way. I guarantee if he was manager now all our big players who've left Obafemi Martins, Sébastien Bassong would still be here.

The chairman would have had a headache over the wage bill but Alan Shearer commands that much respect he would take us straight back up.

That's something that I suspected anyway, which is why it annoys me when people say it's a good thing to lose the likes of Beye and Bassong.