West Brom 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 08/08/09 - post match reaction from page 34

Dave

If this is the best team the Championship has to offer then we are going to piss this league if and when we get ourselves sorted out.

We are in complete disarray and nearly beat the best team in the league.

If this is the best team the Championship has to offer then we are going to piss this league if and when we get ourselves sorted out.

who said they were the best team in the league?

they were shit

I wouldn't read too much into it. The first few games of the season always throw up a few bizarre results but I fancy us to be in that group of a dozen teams battling for promotion.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye that Chris Woods kept Colo busy all game, didn't think they even played football in New Zealand!

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

Without doubt we need a new RB, Raylor's gonna be a total liability.

We need a striker with quick feet too.

If we're lucky we'll get another CB.

Think any combination of Smith, Barton and Guthrie should be good enough if they remember to play football and don't get drawn into kicking matches.

who said they were the best team in the league?

they were s***

Bookies have them as fav's don't they?

I thought Colocinni was an absolute abomination he doesnt even look championship class...keep this guy in the team he is going to cost us goals very much like he did on many occasions last season..he has the heart of a mouse and makes peter fucking ramage look like franco baresi

Guest Chris P

Think any combination of Smith, Barton and Guthrie should be good enough if they remember to play football and don't get drawn into kicking matches.

Raylor's deliverys today were awesome, that free kick was only inches over like.

Raylor's deliverys today were awesome, that free kick was only inches over like.

He needs to be kept away from taking corners like, he has a Geremi-esque ability to hit the first man at the near post. Shame it was always their fucking player.

Dunno about that. Apart from the free kick that sailed just wide the rest went straight into the hands of Carson.

We didn't win because we can't score goals. Unless that changes we won't be in the promotion frame.

We didn't win because we can't score goals. Unless that changes we won't be in the promotion frame.

This

Guest Brummiemag

I thought Colocinni was an absolute abomination he doesnt even look championship class...keep this guy in the team he is going to cost us goals very much like he did on many occasions last season..he has the heart of a mouse and makes peter fucking ramage look like franco baresi

Agree with you. He strolls around like its 30C and he's got all the time and space in the world, which he hasnt.  He just doesnt look up to it at all

Coloccini and Enrique had a nightmare today.Coloccini looked extremely weak and  never really seems to be in control of what he's doing and as for Enrique he sliced about three clearances backwards and his distribution was off far too much. It frustrates me watching both of these players because they've got talent, Coloccini annoys me more though because I'm not seeing any improvement.

Thought we did alright but there were loads of mistakes and certain players can be pinpointed as problems in our squad. Colo, Raylor and Shola.

Colo cant defend, there is no way in hell he is worth 10mil, we got fleeced to f**k on that one.

Raylor, cant pass to save his bollox, gave the ball away far too much and has no pace.

Shola, omg. he's like bambi on ice. totally useless.

Chris Hughton is no manager either, made poor decisions, and based on the reported bust up with our overpaid resident jailbird joey looks like he does'nt have much respect from the team either.

Pulling Carol off and leaving shola up front on his own when he cant barely handle being up front with somebody else.  :facepalm:

I would leave him out and give ranger and carol a go up front, drop nolan and replace him with guthrie(when fit) or even Kazenga lualua.

Smith played well and was one of the few that looked like they gave a damn, as did staylor, and carol.

thought the passing and movement for the creation and scoring of duffs goal was excellent and hope we can do that every week.

I thought we played exactly the same as we did last season. That's probably not surprising considering it is more or less the same players. All the same weaknesses were there. Jonas still has no end product, Colo makes you shit yourself every time he has the ball, Shola is always offside or needlessly fouling defenders, we rarely shoot, no one can do a decent cross, etc.

Anyone who thinks this squad is good enough for this league is forgetting one thing - Mike Ashley still has three weeks to sell more of the players. I'm sure a few more will be gone by September.

Having said all that I was reasonably pleased with a draw, especially after going one goal behind. I'm a big critic of Smith but to give him his dues he did well as a holding midfielder.

I enjoyed the game but had mixed feelings overall, it was positive but it was anything but perfect.

Positives:

Improved retention of the ball

Looked 'up for it'

Smith was a hell of a lot better

Krul's shot stopping

Enrique

Negatives:

Set piece defending

Distribution in the final third at times

Coloccini

Ryan's performance

Krul's flapping