Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Brilliant again today. Our key player along with Tiote.

I wouldn't say he was brilliant, I thought he gave the ball away quite a bit today, especially in the first half. Always puts in a shift mind.

Couple of dodgy moments in the first half, but grew into the game and was a lot better in the second half. Another assist for him, and helped Simpson a lot defensively. In fact, him and Simpson are starting to get a bit of understanding when Simpson is overlapping on the wing.

Noted he came out of the tunnel today with his arm round Nasri who he had a run in with last time at the Emirates. A furthe sign he's trying to make amends for past behaviour.

Couple of dodgy moments in the first half, but grew into the game and was a lot better in the second half. Another assist for him, and helped Simpson a lot defensively. In fact, him and Simpson are starting to get a bit of understanding when Simpson is overlapping on the wing.

Yeah great dummy by Barton in the first half to let Simpson bomb forward.

Noted he came out of the tunnel today with his arm round Nasri who he had a run in with last time at the Emirates. A furthe sign he's trying to make amends for past behaviour.

Think he shook Nasri's hand as well when Nasri was subbed.

Guest palnese

Think he shook Nasri's hand as well when Nasri was subbed.

Aye, he did. I love Joey Barton.

His interviews are tremendous, there isn't a footballer around who gives a better interview than Joey Barton, he always sounds realy inteligent and i get the feeling that if it wasn't for his past behaviour he would be one of the more liked footballers because of it.

If Capello has been picking SWP and Bareth Garry in the shocking form they're in + Milner come to think of it,there could easily be a place for Barton.

That's the thing though, Capello doesn't pick players based on form.