Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Also played a blinder from the centre today, against everything some were saying about it been laughable to even assosiate him with the possition ever again.

started in the centre....didn't stay there.

he was all over the park, like he is when he starts on the right. Freedom is key to him performing not his starting possition

Also played a blinder from the centre today, against everything some were saying about it been laughable to even assosiate him with the possition ever again.

Him going back to the right when Ranger came on changed the game tbh.

the game was changed by arsenals red card... Tbf

50-50 tackle. He'd won all of the ball before he'd even touched Diaby. I'm all for cutting out reckless challenges - hell, i agreed with the Tiote sending off, which seemed to be a hugely contentious issue on here. But with Barton today, there was no trailing leg nor nowt - just a well-timed, rough-as-houses tackle. :thup:

piersmorgan Piers Morgan

@

@DuncanBannatyne Yes, but can't argue with a brilliant debut performance by Newcastle's new signing Phil Dowd - great player.

what a fucking twat

Guest toonarmymia

So that vile little thug Barton tries to break Diaby's leg and his victim gets sent off? #nonsense

Would quite happily see this c*** burn in a fire.

I'm going up to New York next week. If I dont see Piers to give him a slap, i'm pissing on his bilboard in Times Square

This bloke is fast becoming my favourite ever town player. The co-commentator on sky can fuck off as well. Jock cunt. 'Dangerous tackle, he left the ground. You can see why Diaby was unhappy.'

No you fucking cant. He completely overreacted and deservedly was sent off.

Brilliant performance today, he never gave up and was the main reason we got a point.

That's a very dangerous tackle to be honest.  I could see Diaby's leg got broken like HBA.

Potentially as it was such a strong tackle. However, if it had, it would have been through bad luck and how Diaby's leg was placed on the floor - not because it was a bad challenge.

HBA's leg was broken because De Jong did a "scissor" tackle on him.

He's 28 so a 3 or 4 year deal that takes him into the declining phase of his career would be excellent.

I think he looks much fitter. Maybe that has something to do with quitting alcohol and generally leading a better, more football-focused lifestyle, maybe not, but he has come into his own in the second half and towards the end of matches more and more. He just looks like he can run for hours on end and that's a complete contrast to how unfit he's been during his first 3 years here.

Theres an idiot on talksport now giving in the usual teams are rough on arsenal, barton should have been sent off etc. To be fair to Micky Quinn and whoever is on with him are saying it was a good tackle and that arsenal need to learn to look after themselves rather than looking to the ref for protection the whole time.

Theres an idiot on talksport now giving in the usual teams are rough on arsenal, barton should have been sent off etc. To be fair to Micky Quinn and whoever is on with him are saying it was a good tackle and that arsenal need to learn to look after themselves rather than looking to the ref for protection the whole time.

That's the hypocrisy of it all though - as some of the players Wenger has had in the past have been far from shrinking violets.