Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

When teams had the likes of Wise, Keane, Savage etc playing for them their mentality was 'well he might be an arsehole but he's our arsehole' and on the outside it might look like that to others but in reality he's one of the better professionals at our club.

The turnaround of his personal life and career should not only be a story warned and told to our youngsters but any footballer across the world. I'd be delighted if he settled in the region and stayed on past his playing days.

Guest VegasToon

He's coming to wors tomorrow for a couple of beers and to watch Jungle Book. He told me his favourite character is Baloo because it reminds him of Nolan.

:lol:

Guest Brazilianbob

He's coming to wors tomorrow for a couple of beers and to watch Jungle Book. He told me his favourite character is Baloo because it reminds him of Nolan.

:lol:

If you are going to supply him with beer we will all know who to blame when he misses the rest of the season by going ionto rehab! :-)

A three year extension takes him to 33 years old. I don't think it's unreasonable to offer him a two year deal at all. Arsenal have a policy where they don't offer over 30s anything over a one year contract extension don't they? Anything to have another pop at the club though, he should be snapping our hands off if we're offering him 50k a week until 2014.

So it's just the find random kids for peanuts side of the Arsenal way of doing things that people think we should follow, I'd be disappointed with the club if Barton is still first choice at 32, and no way should he be getting £50k as a squad player. Two years on top of the one he has left already should be more than enough, then renegotiate year on year depending on his and the club's performance.

Guest Roger Kint

Or am I reading it wrong and the two year offer including next season as well?

Its a 2 year extension to his current deal

Shouldn't even be an issue then, if he doesn't accept that given his injury record here where we paid him handsomely for about 8 months service in 3 years he can feck off.

I reckon it'll be £50k a week for the two year extension part of it.

You think the wage cap is that high?

I raised this question in another thread yesterday regarding the "cap", i.e. does it officially exist ?

Sure there has been an official statement regarding future self sufficiency, but no one seems to have seen anything official about the level of the alleged wage cap.

It seems that while there is a salary budget (be mad not to have one) there is still flexibility to negociate when the right player comes along.