Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

He better be feckin stayin put as I just bought a BARTON 7 shirt to make up for the CARROLL 9 shirt I bought last autumn which is now rendered unwearable s****.  http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5497/angryfiretm3.gif

Me too.

Bit of a double standard how the hardcore Arsenal fans will look the other way when Fabregas goes after refs, yaps in their faces, waves imaginary cards, etc., or Wenger's regular post-match whingeing about the refs. 

If folks want to deal in conspiracies -- or just basic human psychology -- Sunday's result was the bed Arsenal made for themselves.  If you single out refs, what do you think the rest of the ref fraternity will do, roll over for you or side with their own?  Gooner folks need to look in the mirror.  Too many metaphors going on here, so I'll just slide down the pole and put this duck to rest for now.

http://www.onlinegooner.com/article.php?section=editorial&id=288

Newcastle. Some Arsene Wenger can take responsibility for, some were simply outside of his control. Ultimately, a shocking refereeing performance by Phil Dowd, arguably the worst ever witnessed in the history of the Premier League, enabled Newcastle to equalize, but the Gunners allowed the game to reach  in this country.

I don't think i'll ever be able to take Arsenal fans seriously again tbh :lol:

Stopped being funny and started being pathetic now like.

They're up their own arses. "The only way we could possibly lose a game was if the referee handed it to the opposition" when in reality, the moment that Joey Barton's first penalty hit the back of the net, they were a beaten side. I've never seen such a 'great team' fold so easily.

http://www.onlinegooner.com/article.php?section=editorial&id=288

Newcastle. Some Arsene Wenger can take responsibility for, some were simply outside of his control. Ultimately, a shocking refereeing performance by Phil Dowd, arguably the worst ever witnessed in the history of the Premier League, enabled Newcastle to equalize, but the Gunners allowed the game to reach  in this country.

I don't think i'll ever be able to take Arsenal fans seriously again tbh :lol:

OMG that site is crazy. The worrying thing is all their fans agree with him. Conspriracy against Arsenal, worst ref of all time. Barton shouldn't be allowed to challenge for a ball and wion it cleanly with no studs showing because he could so easily have broken the dear gooners leg had he gone in 2 foot with studs up. Awful awful ref lost us the game.

Fuck off Arsenal fans seriously just fuck off.

Stopped being funny and started being pathetic now like.

They're up their own arses. "The only way we could possibly lose a game was if the referee handed it to the opposition" when in reality, the moment that Joey Barton's first penalty hit the back of the net, they were a beaten side. I've never seen such a 'great team' fold so easily.

They keep missing that over 90 minutes we had 55% possession, a lot more shots, corners and crosses than they did, not to mention a perfectly good goal disallowed.  Much easier just to blame the ref.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1356154/Des-Kelly-We-simply-turn-backs-Joey-Barton.html

Des Kelly from the Mail puts his point across. At least he admits his bias from the off despite not giving him the credit he deserves.

I genuinely can't think of another player this good to be blacklisted by the national team.

Cassano in Italy might compare slightly?

I dont get the "I cannot stand Joey Barton" bit like, he's probably one of the best spoken footballers (who give regular interviews) there is, and actualy comes across as a decent bloke. There's nothing at all to "not stand" tbh.

I realise he means that he dislikes the man for what he has done in the past, but it just highlights the ott stance people seem to take on the matter.

I dont get the "I cannot stand Joey Barton" bit like, he's probably one of the best spoken footballers (who give regular interviews) there is, and actualy comes across as a decent bloke. There's nothing at all to "not stand" tbh.

I realise he means that he dislikes the man for what he has done in the past, but it just highlights the ott stance people seem to take on the matter.

He once did bad stuff is from a working class background [/dailyfail]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1356154/Des-Kelly-We-simply-turn-backs-Joey-Barton.html

Des Kelly from the Mail puts his point across. At least he admits his bias from the off despite not giving him the credit he deserves.

I genuinely can't think of another player this good to be blacklisted by the national team.

David Ginola.

David Ginola.

The same Gerard Houllier symdrome many on here suffered with Nile Ranger v Spurs embarassingly.

me neither, as someone says in the comments section on that article Barton pissed all over Parker both times we played West Ham this season and he gets into the squad.

Guest toonarmymia

me neither, as someone says in the comments section on that article Barton pissed all over Parker both times we played West Ham this season and he gets into the squad.

I guess if he played for a southern team, then his past would be overlooked. Comments this week by Capello about Bent "transforming his game" since 3 games for Villa says it all. He's still the 5 yard tap in dickhead he was before at the makems.

Doesnt matter that Gerrard beat the crap out of a DJ or Ferdinand was forgiven for testing positive for drugs (in other sports a lifetime ban), its Joey that should be "locked up forever". the same lefty reading liberal readers of the likes of the Guardian are equally culpable of saying the same about Barton. Imagine telling them anyone who has committed a crime should be locked up for life. kernts

Guest Stephen927

Fact is, Joey Barton pissed off too many of the senior players when he made his comments about their autobiographies. He's on form, so he should be in the squad.

His common man approach & loving his nan routine is boring imo. He has played brilliantly for us this season & he should be around the England team because of his form.

I guess if he played for a southern team, then his past would be overlooked. Comments this week by Capello about Bent "transforming his game" since 3 games for Villa says it all. He's still the 5 yard tap in dickhead he was before at the makems.

Doesnt matter that Gerrard beat the crap out of a DJ or Ferdinand was forgiven for testing positive for drugs (in other sports a lifetime ban), its Joey that should be "locked up forever". the same lefty reading liberal readers of the likes of the Guardian are equally culpable of saying the same about Barton. Imagine telling them anyone who has committed a crime should be locked up for life. kernts

Gerrard & Rio do not play for southern teams.

Guest toonarmymia

South in relation to Newcastle and as far north as Capello will travel (manchester). point still stands

South in relation to Newcastle and as far north as Capello will travel (manchester). point still stands

Every major club in England is south of Newcastle :lol: But I do recall Fabio picking: Bent, Henderson & Carroll this season for England.

Guest toonarmymia

Every major club in England is south of Newcastle :lol: But I do recall Fabio picking: Bent, Henderson & Carroll this season for England.

So you dont think their is a bias against NE teams (Newcastle and Sunderland)? Capello's comments reveal that.

Bent was left out of World Cup squad, yet being one of top goal scorers of last years league for shite team. Capello finally conceded once Bent moved to Villa, he could be an England regular. As for Henderson and Carroll, they were in the press every week being touted as future England and in the U21 squad doing well.

No I don't think there is a bias at all. As Fabio said "They are playing ­completely differently from Sunderland.

“Before he was only playing for the box. Now, he is a player who can play for the team. “This is important. When I choose the player, I choose him for the team.”.  That seems fair to me. If there was bias nobody would of got picked & 3 players have been this season.

Guest toonarmymia

the less our players are in the england side the happier i'll be too much chance for them to be tapped up by the fuckers from the sky sides or for them to get injured

was actually happy for this same reason not to see Barton in pointless friendly. Milner almost got injured in 93rd minute by pointless Danish tackle. Andy Carroll has one appearance and he's already gone

Not often i agree with Steve bruce but he was right when talking about capello not coming up to the North East to watch the players,  the only time he will watch the likes of Newcastle and Sunderland are when they are playing away and probably against a big team.