Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

The underlying truth is that we can't afford to lose any of our first team and very few of our squad. It's going to be hard enough buying the players we need to add without buying replacements for people we lose.

That said, obviously individual cases like this will crop up where the club's strategy and valuation don't match the player/agent's needs and/or greed.

Mckay was one of the suspects questioned in the quest investigation(that didn't really accomplish anything) and has had a history of screwing us royally.

He brokered the move of Jean Alain-Boumsong from Rangers to Newcastle(which is why he was investigated by quest) He was also apparently arrested along with a few others including Harry Redknapp during the investigation over a deal for Amdy Faye

and he was given a suspended ban for handling a deal for Benjani moving from Auxere to Portsmouth and then to man city.

He is an absolute dodgy dirty dealer. And we would do well to not have anything to do with him or anybody thats represented by him because it always ends badly for us

Yeah. Let's buy non-league players as they probably 'manage' themselves and don't have any agents.  :thup:

Because Willie McKay manages everyone in the football league? :lol:

In the end the fans are only really interested in what is happening on the pitch.

It will never interest me which agent a player has as long as the player performes on the pitch.

All those off-the-field-matters are to complicated for most people to understand, anyway. (Because we never get 100 % of the truth)

I'm absolutely gutted about all of this, really like Barton and thought he was sensational last season. I can still understand where the club is coming from, he´s had ONE good season for us and during his first 3 full seasons he only featured in 47 games. I don´t think he has the right to demand a 4 year contract given his injury and discipline record. Hasn´t Mike Ashley said that he wants to ensure our financial security and reduce the wage vs turnover ratio, you can see why he´d be hesitant to tie up an aging relatively injury prone (at least in recent years) hothead for 4 years on wages we can barely afford to give.

Personally I´d sign him up for 4 years as I don´t think there is any chance he'll pull a Butt, Smith or Geremi on us but I guess it´s something the board isn´t willing to risk. Lets hope they settle this and go for a 2+1 contract or something that works for all parties involved.

If they've got a dodgy agent being too greedy, the player won't be on the pitch for much longer.

The team on the pitch is all anyone ultimately cares about believe it or not. But there are several factors to it these days, despite what others say.

The idea you can ignore everything else and only talk about what happens on the pitch is childish and stupid IMO.

Most of the threads on here wouldn't exist, and neither would most football conversation. Like it or not, fans are interested in more than just the first XI and how they do on a Saturday, and off-field things can't be separated from that.

The idea you can ignore everything else and only talk about what happens on the pitch is childish and stupid IMO.

Most of the threads on here wouldn't exist, and neither would most football conversation. Like it or not, fans are interested in more than just the first XI and how they do on a Saturday, and off-field things can't be separated from that.

Cue some fools going on about how pointless healthy balance sheets are as long as the club is doing well.

Guest WashyGeordie

tevewraith steve wraith

joey barton has asked me to ask all toon fans to add him its @joey7barton

Is Joey going to be on radio tonight or summit? Sure i seen it somewhere.

Guest Heneage

You've got to assume this is purely on the back of the contract stuff. Dodgy. :lol:

It will be his agent telling him to get an account. That way he can whip up the fans.

Guest WashyGeordie

I haven't been on twitter since 2009 and only back on now because of Joey, so this better be good!