Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

You posted it.

If it's good enough for Barton to respond to it was good enough for me to post :)

Guest johnson293

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

If anything changes on the contract front, I'll be 1st to let use all know don't worry. Forget all this nuggets talking rubbish #toonarmy

;D

Guest johnson293

"Contract will be put in front of you before trip to the States, 3 year deal, pen to paper time JB"

Jeez... its one thing to spout your supposed ITK rubbish to random people on Twitter... but tell the footballer in question that you seemingly know more about his contract negotiations than him is just taking it to a new level!  :idiot2:

@Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

@KevinAshford7 why would a drop down a league when I can more than hold my own in the premiership??? #dontcareaboutmoneyjusttrophies

So he doesn't want another deal with us because of the money, he wants one because we're going to win trophies?

Guest johnson293

@Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

@KevinAshford7 why would a drop down a league when I can more than hold my own in the premiership??? #dontcareaboutmoneyjusttrophies

So he doesn't want another deal with us because of the money, he wants one because we're going to win trophies?

He says it's not about money, but one of his recent tweets (where he said he'd play out this season) was ended with the hashtag #bosmanruling, which (intentional or not) almost suggests otherwise.

Question; what is Joey worth?

Contract and small matter of time inside to one side for a monent, what is he really worth?  Financially I mean.

Whether he signs a new contract or leaves, assuming 3 years on his current contract and the season he just had, what would he be worth in the current market?

PS who would really take him seriously as a potential player?

Top 4 = forget it.

Top six (spuds, bin dippers etc) = forget it

Can he do better that the toon?

No he can't but his agent will probably negotiate a decent enough contract with a wannabe team when he walks away for free next season. Like Smith he's going to hang in there and pick up the fat wedge while he can get it.