Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Just following up what I posted earlier:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_7006490,00.html

Sky Sources understand Newcastle United have no plans to offload midfielder star Joey Barton for £1million.

It had been claimed that the Magpies were prepared to listen to cut-price offers for the midfielder, who will see his contract expire next summer.

Barton has been prepared to discuss his future over recent weeks, airing his disappointment at not being offered fresh terms on Tyneside.

He has made it clear that his preference would be to remain at St James' Park, having thoroughly enjoyed his four years in the North East.

The 28-year-old is, however, aware that Newcastle will have the final say when it comes to ushering him towards the exits.

It is understood that no bids have been lodged as yet, but reports on Sunday suggested that the Magpies were open to offers.

Newcastle have now moved to play down those rumours, insisting that they have no plans to part with Barton.

The Magpies are believed to have placed a £4million price tag on Barton to his interested suitors.

Sky Sources understand Newcastle United have no plans to offload midfielder star Joey Barton for £1million.

:lol:

Newcastle have now moved to play down those rumours, insisting that they have no plans to part with Barton.

The Magpies are believed to have placed a £4million price tag on Barton to his interested suitors.

:lol: :lol:

"We're not getting rid of Barton, but you can get him for £4 million"

I love the Sky Sports website.

What at? I think Ireland's the better of the two, younger and cheaper. Not sure what's to despair at.

Based on what Ireland did at NUFC last season you're absolutely bang on, aye.