Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Does it really need to be explained why you should make more of an effort to keep onside one of your best players than one that's surplus to requirements? :lol: I give up.

So we ignore Barton's behaviour the past couple of months?

You seem to be ignoring the form of the 2 players for the last 12 months, so yeah why not.

Where have I ignored the form of our best two players?

I think Barton was a very important part of our team last season along with Nolan, Enrique, Colo and Tiote. I really didn't want to think of our team without him for this season, Nolan slightly different especially after we signed Cabaye not that I know much about him but reading reports, the fact he is a French international who helped his team win their Championship gave me confidence that it would be ok to move Nolan on especially if his demands are true.

It doesn't need explaining that we should fight harder to keep our better players but people are outraged by the behaviour towards Barton. There are two sides to every story and I would like to think I'm being fair to Barton and the Board. This is a complicated situation.

The Twitter things have made things worse, I got a feeling if Barton hadn't joined Twitter they may have been hope of a compromise?

Well said.

It's basically the toxic combination of greedy and idiotic players and Mashley the crazy horse.

I'd say it's 100% down to our owners not rewarding our best players with new contracts that they deserve and not spending money that they promised they would.

If they cared about the club instead of doing everything the cheapest way possible without giving a shit, we'd have a good squad of happy players.

That is definitely part of the picture I agree and perhaps the greater share of the blame.

Think with the Carroll sale and the promises made, the players were expecting positive movement in the transfer market and a

general uplit at the club regarding intention to compete. They clearly feel this is not going to happen.

Guest Howaythetoon

Do you know what, as well as he played last season and as good as he is and as much as this team needs a player of his ability in, the way I look at his departure is this: One less cretin associated with my club. I'm sick and tired of the modern footballer and the modern game, you can keep the lot of it as far as I'm concerned. Looking at our squad there are a few players I admire ability wise but as people, to me they are all absolute parasites in one form or another who were any to leave like Barton, I just wouldn't care. As for the complete and utter fuck ups running our club and the puppet 'manager', they too can go and fuck themselves. Me, I car about that badge that reads Newcastle United and what it stands for and that only. Good riddance Barton. Ashley, Llambiase and Pardew your departures will come. As for the likes of Jose you too can fuck off. Mind, I wouldn't blame any player for wanting out. But please be fucking man about it, be honest, be genuine, cut the bull and politics. That's what pisses me off the hullabaloo of it all.

Does it really need to be explained why you should make more of an effort to keep onside one of your best players than one that's surplus to requirements? :lol: I give up.

He's made a few twitter posts man, yes we should just ignore it. We certainly shouldn't fuck with the clubs future and just give the bloke away for free :lol:

Guest cr4igora
Should have gone to Specsavers tbh.

Can't pass?  That other fella was right, southeners know f*** all about football.

His Shots/Goals ratio wouldn't be 0.08 if he could take a good free kick. That's not me being a southerner who doesn't know what he is talking about, that's fact. I can't find individual players pass completion ratios unfortunately, but I bet that's not too high either.

Interestingly the comments made above totally ignored the other points I made...

...gobs off all day long on Twitter, disputes the managers decisions. Previously convicted of behaviour such as stabbing cigars in teammates eyes & punching people on the training ground.

You seem to be ignoring the form of the 2 players for the last 12 months, so yeah why not.

Where have I ignored the form of our best two players?

I think Barton was a very important part of our team last season along with Nolan, Enrique, Colo and Tiote. I really didn't want to think of our team without him for this season, Nolan slightly different especially after we signed Cabaye not that I know much about him but reading reports, the fact he is a French international who helped his team win their Championship gave me confidence that it would be ok to move Nolan on especially if his demands are true.

It doesn't need explaining that we should fight harder to keep our better players but people are outraged by the behaviour towards Barton. There are two sides to every story and I would like to think I'm being fair to Barton and the Board. This is a complicated situation.

The Twitter things have made things worse, I got a feeling if Barton hadn't joined Twitter they may have been hope of a compromise?

I mean Smith and Barton.  I'm basically saying I couldn't give a shit about how we're treating Smith in the same way Man City fans won't be arsed about how they're treating Adebayour or Bellamy, who due to the quality of their squad have been deemed surplus to requirements.

Most clubs fight to keep their best players and will often give them a bit of leeway, whether that be a ticking off in this situation or assurances about the long term strategy and ambition of the club.  The fact is that they can't give these assurances anyway, so they're just binning him.

Do you know what, as well as he played last season and as good as he is and as much as this team needs a player of his ability in, the way I look at his departure is this: One less cretin associated with my club. I'm sick and tired of the modern footballer and the modern game, you can keep the lot of it as far as I'm concerned. Looking at our squad there are a few players I admire ability wise but as people, to me they are all absolute parasites in one form or another who were any to leave like Barton, I just wouldn't care. As for the complete and utter fuck ups running our club and the puppet 'manager', they too can go and fuck themselves. Me, I car about that badge that reads Newcastle United and what it stands for and that only. Good riddance Barton. Ashley, Llambiase and Pardew your departures will come. As for the likes of Jose you too can fuck off. Mind, I wouldn't blame any player for wanting out. But please be fucking man about it, be honest, be genuine, cut the bull and politics. That's what pisses me off the hullabaloo of it all.

Barton's the total opposite of the 'modern footballer.'

He's made a few twitter posts man, yes we should just ignore it. We certainly shouldn't f*** with the clubs future and just give the bloke away for free :lol:

Would your boss ignore it. Regardless of the fact its professional football I know my employers would look dimly on me if I slagged them off in a public domain.

My old company withdrew a job offer of an employee because of his negative comments against the company on a message board. Another employee was put on a final warning for critising a business decision made by the directors.

EDIT - I am pissed that we are giving him away for free though.

Should have gone to Specsavers tbh.

Can't pass?  That other fella was right, southeners know f*** all about football.

His Shots/Goals ratio wouldn't be 0.08 if he could take a good free kick. That's not me being a southerner who doesn't know what he is talking about, that's fact. I can't find individual players pass completion ratios unfortunately, but I bet that's not too high either.

Interestingly the comments made above totally ignored the other points I made...

...gobs off all day long on Twitter, disputes the managers decisions. Previously convicted of behaviour such as stabbing cigars in teammates eyes & punching people on the training ground.

Fuck me, are you genuinely trying to suggest Barton isn't a good footballer?

Fair play to him if he ends up North London.

Fair's probably not the best term for it. If he wanted to go there he could just as easily have handed in a transfer request rather than opening a twitter account to spread s**** and lower the fee for the club that's tapping him up.

Care to explain why, if he was so desperate to go as is claimed, there was any need for the Twitter bollocks (or a transfer request), when the club were trying to sell him anyway?

I've asked this about 10 times in this thread and still not had a decent answer.

Guest Howaythetoon

Do you know what, as well as he played last season and as good as he is and as much as this team needs a player of his ability in, the way I look at his departure is this: One less cretin associated with my club. I'm sick and tired of the modern footballer and the modern game, you can keep the lot of it as far as I'm concerned. Looking at our squad there are a few players I admire ability wise but as people, to me they are all absolute parasites in one form or another who were any to leave like Barton, I just wouldn't care. As for the complete and utter f*** ups running our club and the puppet 'manager', they too can go and f*** themselves. Me, I car about that badge that reads Newcastle United and what it stands for and that only. Good riddance Barton. Ashley, Llambiase and Pardew your departures will come. As for the likes of Jose you too can f*** off. Mind, I wouldn't blame any player for wanting out. But please be f***ing man about it, be honest, be genuine, cut the bull and politics. That's what pisses me off the hullabaloo of it all.

How? He's only interested in himself and money like the vast majority of them. He's a mercenary man.

Fair's probably not the best term for it. If he wanted to go there he could just as easily have handed in a transfer request rather than opening a twitter account to spread shite and lower the fee for the club that's tapping him up.

and if we wanted to keep him we could've given him a fair contract this summer. we dont want to keep him because we dont want to pay what he's worth as a footballer, again.

At the moment it looks like no one else wants to pay him what he's worth either unless they get him on a free. If he's all that you would have thought these mega clubs would have stumped up the odd million or so it would have took to buy him rather than resort to getting him to play up and reduce the fee to nowt.

Tron, why do you always need your mind made up for you on a player depending on which club they sign for?

I can make up my own mind and Barton wide right is absolute quality.

By your logic, all our players are automatically shit by virtue of playing for us.

My view on Barton is the same as it's always been. He's a decent player for a mid table premier team. I'd be happy for him to be here in the right circumstances but I don't think he needs a contract for life to stay here. He wasn't so great in central midfield and if we lose him out wide we have an option to bring in someone with a bit more pace. These players aren't superstars, they are decent at best. The real issue is whether we will actually replace them, and that's where I have my doubts.

Guest Howaythetoon

Barton was a good player for us but in the grande scheme of things he's quite average and limited in the same way Nolan is/was despite him being the top goalscoring midfielder in the country last season.

The fact he's a cunt suggests he is not.

Barton was a good player for us but in the grande scheme of things he's quite average and limited in the same way Nolan is/was despite him being the top goalscoring midfielder in the country last season.

He's not average.

I agree with your sentiments regarding the modern game, i said something similar in the SBR thread.

Fair's probably not the best term for it. If he wanted to go there he could just as easily have handed in a transfer request rather than opening a twitter account to spread s**** and lower the fee for the club that's tapping him up.

Care to explain why, if he was so desperate to go as is claimed, there was any need for the Twitter bollocks (or a transfer request), when the club were trying to sell him anyway?

I've asked this about 10 times in this thread and still not had a decent answer.

If we were so eager to sell, why we letting him go for free?

Fair's probably not the best term for it. If he wanted to go there he could just as easily have handed in a transfer request rather than opening a twitter account to spread shite and lower the fee for the club that's tapping him up.

and if we wanted to keep him we could've given him a fair contract this summer. we dont want to keep him because we dont want to pay what he's worth as a footballer, again.

At the moment it looks like no one else wants to pay him what he's worth either unless they get him on a free. If he's all that you would have thought these mega clubs would have stumped up the odd million or so it would have took to buy him rather than resort to getting him to play up and reduce the fee to nowt.

Tron, why do you always need your mind made up for you on a player depending on which club they sign for?

I can make up my own mind and Barton wide right is absolute quality.

By your logic, all our players are automatically shit by virtue of playing for us.

My view on Barton is the same as it's always been. He's a decent player for a mid table premier team. I'd be happy for him to be here in the right circumstances but I don't think he needs a contract for life to stay here. He wasn't so great in central midfield and if we lose him out wide we have an option to bring in someone with a bit more pace. These players aren't superstars, they are decent at best. The real issue is whether we will actually replace them, and that's where I have my doubts.

so we have an option to bring in someone better if we lose him, but you doubt we will?

in that case is it a good idea to make him available for free?

to get him off the wage bill? just as golfmag predicted?

As "punishment" for the Twitter stuff presumably. They want rid ASAP.

FM-tastic style.

What do you expect the club to do if his contract isn't going to be renewed? Try to give him away for free? He still had a year left by the way, Pardew seemed more than happy for him to stay and play on, and Ashley was reportedly okay with players seeing their final year out. Obviously he'd prefer to sell but the player doesn't have to leave if he doesn't want to.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's not average.

Of course he is. He has no pace, lacks stamina and doesn't score many goals. He's a decent set piece taker and has good passing skills but in general he's a very limited player. He was performing well in a side that was at times perfect for him.

He's not average.

Of course he is. He has no pace, lacks stamina and doesn't score many goals. He's a decent set piece taker and has good passing skills but in general he's a very limited player. He was performing well in a side that was at times perfect for him.

so was kevin nolan, shame we cashed in on the guy that made these two look good.