Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Spent a few hours on the various toon sites tonight and honestly we really do have a percentage of real tossers on these boards who just can't face the facts.

Three players Nolan, Barton and Enrique were part of the squad that got us relegated. Just a personal opinion but Nolan is too slow and I'm quite happy that he has gone, but Barton and Enrique over the last season or so have hit something like the form that they should have been producing on a weekly basis to justify the money they are on. They see that as a bargaining tool to get improved lengthy contracts. Get bloody stuffed. What it actualy means is at last your form warrants something close to the money you are on.

Just listened to Willie w***** McKay on his TalkSport interview. More or less saying that Joey was responsible for moving Andy Carroll into the £35 million bracket. Aye Willie, lets see Joey do the same for Lovenkrands and Shola, not a cat in hells chance.

Reading posts on various boards you'd think McKay is at war with the Newcastle management. He actually says during the interview: "I'm not going to slag off Mike Ashley and Derek Lambias they stuck by Joey when he was really under pressure." Haven't seen that talked about too much.

Then I read that Harper and Smith going with the reserves tomorrow means they're next on the hit list. Well so what. They're both crap. Nobody has come in for Harper with a serious bid, even when understudy to Given, so that speaks volumes. Smith was finished years ago.

We had two of the shittest strikers in Premier League history playing alongside each other last season. Doubt we could even give them away. Yet I read this s*** that we must not boo anybody in black and white. Garbage. I put more effort in following my team, going to and from the match than either of these two do during 90 minutes.

We are a bloody joke. A support that sings the praises of a guy who has no footballing talent whatsoever, look half asleep at the best of times and so on. Scores a few penalties against Sunderland and all is forgiven. It's time we all woke up.

Stay loyal to the balck and white stripes yes. Players have to earn that loyalty. Enrique, Barton and Nolan love this club. Aye right. They'll love as long as their wage packet is at a level they want. If not, see ya lads.

That's an awful lot of text to write without actually coming to any point or opinion. :lol:

It still contained more logic than most of the other posts put together.

Bit harsh, you've really been trying hard with yours.

I agree with Heza's post largely but don't agree with the Liverpool and Man United bits. If they followed a s*** team who was stuck with Mike Ashley in charge they'd be able to do about as much about it as we have.

Luckily for them for the most part they have f*** all to moan about and even when they do get a s*** owner they're big enough and rich enough for somebody better to be clammering to buy the club. At the end of the day despite all their bitching and whining they're still owned by the Glazers and are still winning things. Boo hoo.

You're right they do have f*** all to moan about. I guess it's all just theoretical how other clubs would react - but I certainly don't think that we, as supporters of the club, have done our best to make Mike Ashley feel unwelcome.

He got to the point where he put the club up for sale. Only unlike when Liverpool fans did that to their yanks there was nobody ready to come in and buy the club.

Makes you wonder how much he was actually trying to sell though. I don't know what to think/believe about the board anymore other than negative and pessimistic thoughts. I was building a belief that this summer he'd spend some of the Carroll money and we'd really kick on. I told my friends of this belief. This belief has been removed and now I'll be mocked. I'm not optimistic about the board anymore and I'm not happy.

I agree. I was never confident we'd spend all the money but I hoped we'd keep what we have, make a few sensible signings and kick on gradually. Hardly much to fucking ask for after the £35 million windfall. I'm not and never have been an 'apologist' (what a shit word) and long for the day that those at the top fuck off from the club, but I've got to admit I had convinced myself that at the very least we wouldn't shoot ourselves square through the foot this summer.

Sigh.

Would Man United stand for this? No.

In all honesty, Man Utd have got rid of plenty of players who haven't adhered to the club culture in the past and, as far as I can tell,, fans have generally supported this stance.

Its more the anti-glazer protests. far more aggressive than ours

Ashley can do anything to us. We cry for a week or two, then its all back to normal again. He knows this, he realised it after the Keegan stuff. It would be interesting to see how other sets of fans would react in the same situation. Rooney threatens to leave Man Utd and masked men are threatening him outside his house. I still havent a clue how Ashley even gets in the fuckin ground!

Because what they did is pathetic and we have more pride and self control to rise above s*** like that ?

Totally agree. Doesn't really help us though. Im just struggling to think of a situation where Ashley would be forced to leave. He's like a fuckin cockroach

I'd say more like a barnacle, fecker just wont let go.

I cant fathom why he just doesn't sell, all the stick he gets and yet no hint of selling, either he is trying but asking too much or just wont sell, our club has become his own little toy, sadly.

Well he tried to sell and failed over a period of two years. I'm sure he regrets buying the club, but he came to a decision eventually that the uncertainty was more wearisome than the hassle of making a go of it. So he formed a long-term plan and has committed himself to it. That's where we're at now.

He can't be comfortable with all the abuse, but he seems resolved to ignore it and plough on.

Barton, Enrique & Nolan didn't seem to mind Llambias & Ashley when they were being paid handsomely in the championship. Yes we know those in charge are cocks but doesn't stray away from the fact as soon as those 3 didn't get what they wanted they've suddenly been very vocal against those in charge.

Spent a few hours on the various toon sites tonight and honestly we really do have a percentage of real tossers on these boards who just can't face the facts.

Three players Nolan, Barton and Enrique were part of the squad that got us relegated. Just a personal opinion but Nolan is too slow and I'm quite happy that he has gone, but Barton and Enrique over the last season or so have hit something like the form that they should have been producing on a weekly basis to justify the money they are on. They see that as a bargaining tool to get improved lengthy contracts. Get bloody stuffed. What it actualy means is at last your form warrants something close to the money you are on.

Just listened to Willie w***** McKay on his TalkSport interview. More or less saying that Joey was responsible for moving Andy Carroll into the £35 million bracket. Aye Willie, lets see Joey do the same for Lovenkrands and Shola, not a cat in hells chance.

Reading posts on various boards you'd think McKay is at war with the Newcastle management. He actually says during the interview: "I'm not going to slag off Mike Ashley and Derek Lambias they stuck by Joey when he was really under pressure." Haven't seen that talked about too much.

Then I read that Harper and Smith going with the reserves tomorrow means they're next on the hit list. Well so what. They're both crap. Nobody has come in for Harper with a serious bid, even when understudy to Given, so that speaks volumes. Smith was finished years ago.

We had two of the shittest strikers in Premier League history playing alongside each other last season. Doubt we could even give them away. Yet I read this s*** that we must not boo anybody in black and white. Garbage. I put more effort in following my team, going to and from the match than either of these two do during 90 minutes.

We are a bloody joke. A support that sings the praises of a guy who has no footballing talent whatsoever, look half asleep at the best of times and so on. Scores a few penalties against Sunderland and all is forgiven. It's time we all woke up.

Stay loyal to the balck and white stripes yes. Players have to earn that loyalty. Enrique, Barton and Nolan love this club. Aye right. They'll love as long as their wage packet is at a level they want. If not, see ya lads.

That's an awful lot of text to write without actually coming to any point or opinion. :lol:

It's predictable behaviour when stumped to answer with reason to attack the poster personally as you can see with your posting style.

Stay loyal to the black and white stripes yes. Players have to earn that loyalty. Enrique, Barton and Nolan love this club. Aye right. They'll love it as long as their wage packet is at a level they want. If not, see ya lads.

I agree.

Guest bimpy474

In all honesty, Man Utd have got rid of plenty of players who haven't adhered to the club culture in the past and, as far as I can tell,, fans have generally supported this stance.

Ashley can do anything to us. We cry for a week or two, then its all back to normal again. He knows this, he realised it after the Keegan stuff. It would be interesting to see how other sets of fans would react in the same situation. Rooney threatens to leave Man Utd and masked men are threatening him outside his house. I still havent a clue how Ashley even gets in the fuckin ground!

Because what they did is pathetic and we have more pride and self control to rise above s*** like that ?

Totally agree. Doesn't really help us though. Im just struggling to think of a situation where Ashley would be forced to leave. He's like a fuckin cockroach

I cant fathom why he just doesn't sell, all the stick he gets and yet no hint of selling, either he is trying but asking too much or just wont sell, our club has become his own little toy, sadly.

Well he tried to sell and failed over a period of two years. I'm sure he regrets buying the club, but he came to a decision eventually that the uncertainty was more wearisome than the hassle of making a go of it. So he formed a long-term plan and has committed himself to it. That's where we're at now.

He can't be comfortable with all the abuse, but he seems resolved to ignore it and plough on.

I know we tried to sell, i just dont get why he didn't just leave it available for sale when he couldn't find a buyer last time, shows us he is still trying to get out, i dont buy the stability thing either, look where we are now.

I know we tried to sell, i just dont get why he didn't just leave it available for sale when he couldn't find a buyer last time, shows us he is still trying to get out, i dont buy the stability thing either, look where we are now.

In order to sell you need a buyer. The club doesn't officially need to be up for sale for someone to come in and make a deal. Last time round the only taker was Barry Moat but when he applied for a loan and tried putting his holiday caravan up as security, Barclays politely declined the offer.

Guest bimpy474

In order to sell you need a buyer. The club doesn't officially need to be up for sale for someone to come in and make a deal. Last time round the only taker was Barry Moat but when he applied for a loan and tried putting his holiday caravan up as security, Barclays politely declined the offer.

:sadnod:

I agree with Heza's post largely but don't agree with the Liverpool and Man United bits. If they followed a s*** team who was stuck with Mike Ashley in charge they'd be able to do about as much about it as we have.

Luckily for them for the most part they have f*** all to moan about and even when they do get a s*** owner they're big enough and rich enough for somebody better to be clammering to buy the club. At the end of the day despite all their bitching and whining they're still owned by the Glazers and are still winning things. Boo hoo.

You're right they do have f*** all to moan about. I guess it's all just theoretical how other clubs would react - but I certainly don't think that we, as supporters of the club, have done our best to make Mike Ashley feel unwelcome.

He got to the point where he put the club up for sale. Only unlike when Liverpool fans did that to their yanks there was nobody ready to come in and buy the club.

Makes you wonder how much he was actually trying to sell though. I don't know what to think/believe about the board anymore other than negative and pessimistic thoughts. I was building a belief that this summer he'd spend some of the Carroll money and we'd really kick on. I told my friends of this belief. This belief has been removed and now I'll be mocked. I'm not optimistic about the board anymore and I'm not happy.

I agree. I was never confident we'd spend all the money but I hoped we'd keep what we have, make a few sensible signings and kick on gradually. Hardly much to f***ing ask for after the £35 million windfall. I'm not and never have been an 'apologist' (what a s*** word) and long for the day that those at the top f*** off from the club, but I've got to admit I had convinced myself that at the very least we wouldn't shoot ourselves square through the foot this summer.

Sigh.

21 - and I feel like I've seen and experienced pretty much all I need to see in football...

The future will just repeat the past/present, and if I'm extremely lucky...I might see us win a significant cup. Just one, that's all I ask.

It's predictable behaviour when stumped to answer with reason to attack the poster personally as you can see with your posting style.

:lol: I learn from the best mate :thup:

Any image of Barton as a martyr being pushed out by the evil people running the club is absurd. I like the player alot, but in his time here he has had more criminal convictions (2) than successful and productive seasons (1). He has been a massive disappointment and waste of resources. I sympathise with Enrique and even Nolan, but I have little time for this idiot's complaints. We had every right to sack him in 2008, yet we stuck by his side.

Seems to me like bullshit. Could be true though. All sorts of wank will come out because it's Barton and it's believable.

Surely, his tweet would have been more Pardew related if this were the case.

I like how we stand by Barton when he went to prison, but this is the final straw :lol:

"The law breaking and being banged up I could take Joey, but saying nasty things about us on Twitter?! I'M NOT HAVING ANY OF THAT! GET OUT!"

I still.think they had a bit of a boys club going on and felt they run the club but as soon as they didn't get everything they wanted the toys came out. Makes it easier that the players are fully aware of the fans animosity.

Unfortunately I have a lot of time for all those involved in this shit. Barton has been getting pretty boring recently though and someone with his obvious intelligence can't claim ignorance to this affecting the overall morale of the team. He is looking after himself first and foremost, he just has a good idea of how to push the right buttons and come across like he is trying to be the whistle blower the fans are apparently begging for.

Seems to me like bullshit. Could be true though. All sorts of w*** will come out because it's Barton and it's believable.

Surely, his tweet would have been more Pardew related if this were the case.

I actually found it strange that Barton wasn't captain at any point in the Leeds game tbh. The fact Shola and Saylor got the armband before him confused me a bit.

:dontknow: I might be just over-speculating.

Guest bimpy474

could be bull could be true but the Sun is saying he initially refused to play yesterday after finding out he wasn't captain and has had a bust up with Pardew

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3727354/Twits-all-over-as-Newcastle-boot-out-Joey-Barton.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3727252/The-Twit-hits-the-fan-Joey-Barton-in-new-amazing-Newcastle-crisis.html

This ones better, reckon Barton wanted more money after agreeing a new contract, money feckin money all along, if you believe this which we wont i'm guessing.

I like how we stand by Barton when he went to prison, but this is the final straw :lol:

"The law breaking and being banged up I could take Joey, but saying nasty things about us on Twitter?! I'M NOT HAVING ANY OF THAT! GET OUT!"

True, and funny.

I've been a supporter from far - from the states, roughly 15 years of my life I've followed this club...I get right p*ssed off when I read what goes on over there in regards to the mismanagment of such a beautiful and brilliant club, it aches my heart - I can't imagine what it does to you all in the city or near, born and bred Geordies who've given much more than I have to the club.  I've done the best I could with the money I have and the resources available to me (tv channels, ppv, internet) to be able to able to watch or listen to nearly ever match.

Today is the first day I'm really just tired of it all, falling out of love with the game. Its the whole lot - the contracts, the twitter, the anti-board, the pro-board, everything. 

For the first time in ages, at the beginning of the summer when we were making a dash with signings I felt excited...just to be kicked in the f'ng teeth again by not only Joey Barton, but those running the club.

Oh Newcastle United, you absolutely rip us to shreds every single time we have any optimism don't you?

Guest bimpy474

True, and funny.

I've been a supporter from far - from the states, roughly 15 years of my life I've followed this club...I get right p*ssed off when I read what goes on over there in regards to the mismanagment of such a beautiful and brilliant club, it aches my heart - I can't imagine what it does to you all in the city or near, born and bred Geordies who've given much more than I have to the club.  I've done the best I could with the money I have and the resources available to me (tv channels, ppv, internet) to be able to able to watch or listen to nearly ever match.

Today is the first day I'm really just tired of it all, falling out of love with the game. Its the whole lot - the contracts, the twitter, the anti-board, the pro-board, everything. 

For the first time in ages, at the beginning of the summer when we were making a dash with signings I felt excited...just to be kicked in the f'ng teeth again by not only Joey Barton, but those running the club.

Oh Newcastle United, you absolutely rip us to shreds every single time we have any optimism don't you?

You need a cuddle dont you :D