Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

John Carver insists NUFC's spirit is still high

by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Aug 3 2011

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/08/03/john-carver-insists-nufc-s-spirit-is-still-high-72703-29167791/#ixzz1Txn9rREw

On a positive note I do agree with what Carver is saying about the young players. Sometimes a "crisis" like this creates the space for a young player to step up.

If we'd let Barton go before we'd signed Marveaux and Cabaye would people still be saying we hadn't signed a replacement?

Midfield in :

Marveaux

Cabaye

Midfield out :

Barton

Nolan

Routledge

Are we just disregarding Abeid?

I was referring to players who were bought directly for the first 11.

And Ben Arfa, Gosling and to a lesser extent Abeid. Also Vuckic is looking decent.

Aug 3 2011

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/08/03/john-carver-insists-nufc-s-spirit-is-still-high-72703-29167791/#ixzz1Txn9rREw

On a positive note I do agree with what Carver is saying about the young players. Sometimes a "crisis" like this creates the space for a young player to step up.

Step up, play well, score some goals, be sold in January, yeah.

Aug 3 2011

Step up, play well, score some goals, be sold in January, yeah.

Wake me up when you change the record.

I'm trying to put a negative slant on thing and you're really not helping.

:lol: It can't be that hard to put a negative slant on one of our top 3 players from last season potentially leaving on a free, surely?

There seems to be an ever dwindling band of people in denial at how s*** things are at NUFC, admirably sticking to their deluded guns a la Lloyd Christmas in 'Dumb and Dumber'.

*fingers in ears* 'la,la,la,la,la,la,la,la...'

"I'm going to make that woman Mrs. Mary Christmas one day.  Mary Christmas.  Kinda has a ring to it, huh Harry?"

Guest WashyGeordie

Cabaye, Marveaux, Abeid and Vuckic have a grand total of 0 Premier League appearances between them.

Well they've got to start or get a chance from somewhere/time.

Guest NewBoyPeetah

Aug 3 2011

recall LuaLua?

Cabaye, Marveaux, Abeid and Vuckic have a grand total of 0 Premier League appearances between them.

Well they've got to start somewhere right?

DUH!!!

:doh:

Indeed. But our side needs leaders/experience.

Guest Haris Vuckic

If you haven't played in the premier league before you can't possibly be a good player.

Guest Roger Kint

If you haven't played in the premier league before you can't possibly be a good player.

Thank fuck we didnt spunk £37m on Aguero then #wasteofmoney

Well they've got to start somewhere right?

DUH!!!

:doh:

Indeed. But our side needs leaders/experience.

We shouldn't have signed anyone without PL experience then?

What will it take for certain posters to realise how precarious a position the football club are in - two heavy defeats to Arsenal and Sunderland? End of the transfer window with Enrique, Barton and Tiote gone with no replacements or any sign of that elusive striker? Derek Llambias bumming Lady Mae on the pitch at St James' at half-time?