Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

This season maybe, yes. The problem is all the the other years.

That's gone though and I've said it loads of times, Ashley, or his mouth piece keeps telling us that he's not taking money out. 

At this time the club is running at a profit, by that I mean this financial year as I have always recognised what he has put in up until now.

Well if it turns out that we run at a profit this year, then that's a fact and there's no argument about it either way.

If you've always recognised previous years and what he's put in then great, we don't disagree.

Guest icemanblue

He won't be staying.. the ONLY  he stays is if no one comes in for him with a decent wage & contract length offer.

:lol: There you go, DJ.

He won't be staying.. the ONLY  he stays is if no one comes in for him with a decent wage & contract length offer.

:lol: There you go, DJ.

He's right though, anyone who doesn't hero worship Barton will surely see that.

That's gone though and I've said it loads of times, Ashley, or his mouth piece keeps telling us that he's not taking money out.  

At this time the club is running at a profit, by that I mean this financial year as I have always recognised what he has put in up until now.

The club must have made a profit in the year ended June 2011 in both cash and accounting terms.

I predict heated discussions on here at some point on whether repayment of a loan is taking money out of the club or not......

The club must have made a profit in the year ended June 2011 in both cash and accounting terms.

I predict heated discussions on here at some point on whether repayment of a loan is taking money out of the club or not......

I think you might be right! And about whether or not reducing the debt burden on the club actually makes it more attractive to new buyers I guess.

If he comes out and says hes going to start paying back the loan at x amount a year I'd not have a problem,

I think plenty of others would though tbh.

I have no doubts, I'm happy if he takes his money back and pisses off myself though :D

The amount of stick Ashley gets while paying money into the club would surely be nothing compared to the abuse if he was actually paying himself back.

At least he could reduce the 'lying prick' scale down to 9.

The amount of stick Ashley gets while paying money into the club would surely be nothing compared to the abuse if he was actually paying himself back.

At least he could reduce the 'lying prick' scale down to 9.

True, although developments indicate he's not that worried about that!

What annoys me is that he makes bad decisions. He compounds this by making consecutive bad decisions which are then disastrous. But what baffles me is when he starts repeating them.

Then i abuse him.

I can see where the argument could come into it and technically he will be taking it out.  And I expect that one day he will take it if he stays.  Whether that is a problems depends on how much he takes and what suffers because of it, if anything.

I've just realised that we're a month and a bit into the new financial year, my bet is on him having taken millions out, probably tens of millions.

eh?? financial year starts in april, not june/july

What are the benefits of him taking the Carroll money out V leaving it in the club?

It all seems a bit confusing because whatever's in the club (player assets, money) is his anyway, but as he's been charitable by not charging interests on the loans, it would (I presume) be in his interests to reduce those loans and put the money elsewhere?

It all seems a bit confusing because whatever's in the club (player assets, money) is his anyway, but as he's been charitable by not charging interests on the loans, it would (I presume) be in his interests to reduce those loans and put the money elsewhere?

I meant tax wise which I didn't make clear, I know he would personally benefit if he took it out.

What are the benefits of him taking the Carroll money out V leaving it in the club?

None of us know the ins and outs of Ashley's tax situation or even what his attitude is to this loan. But yes, at first glance, you would have to think that's spot on.