Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Not sure who i want now:

Barton: really good player, loves the club, but he's off in a year (for free)

Barnetta: quieter, better player but needs time to settle, he'll still be here next year (or at least we'd get money).

Heart says Barton, head says Barnetta.

You say Barton i say Barnetta.

BA, BArnetta, BArton, hBA......wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with Fabien BArthez, Milan BAros, Giles BArnes and Lee BArnard

More ... #nufc "The club and the player have important business to focus on over the coming days and both parties have come to an agreement that we will not comment further at this time."

Sounds like they are trying to come to a compromise. My guess is he'll be taking off the transfer list in the next few days.

I worked with a mate who was Charlton fan, he still laughs at the mere mention of Pardew's name.

I've got two die hard Charlton mates, and a Hammer. None of them have ever taken the piss beyond the nature of the appointment, instead, have had decent things to say about his potential, and the way their teams generally played. All three were to a greater or lesser degree dissapointed when he left their clubs.

Not sure who i want now:

Barton: really good player, loves the club, but he's off in a year (for free)

Barnetta: quieter, better player but needs time to settle, he'll still be here next year (or at least we'd get money).

Heart says Barton, head says Barnetta.

You say Barton i say Barnetta.

BA, BArnetta, BArton, hBA......wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with Fabien BArthez, Milan BAros, Giles BArnes and Lee BArnard

Or Lukas Barrios.

More ... #nufc "The club and the player have important business to focus on over the coming days and both parties have come to an agreement that we will not comment further at this time."

Sounds like they are trying to come to a compromise. My guess is he'll be taking off the transfer list in the next few days.

Hope you're right.

Really hope he'll be in the team against Arsenal.

I worked with a mate who was Charlton fan, he still laughs at the mere mention of Pardew's name.

I've got two die hard Charlton mates, and a Hammer. None of them have ever taken the p*ss beyond the nature of the appointment, instead, have had decent things to say about his potential, and the way their teams generally played. All three were to a greater or lesser degree dissapointed when he left their clubs.

Yeah but do you know that Bob Paisley and Brian Clough hailed from the North?

How is that childish?

Ignoring the fact that he's been having this contract dispute which is probably the clubs own fault.... do you not think it's right that they should punish him for his petulant little outbursts?

We did that when we transfer listed him, we also did that when we fined him.  How many times should he be punished?

Guest Roger Kint

Childish as f*** that he's training with the reserves like. Pardew needs to get a set of bollocks.

How is that childish?

Ignoring the fact that he's been having this contract dispute which is probably the clubs own fault.... do you not think it's right that they should punish him for his petulant little outbursts?

Plus while he isnt 100% focused its not fair on whats left of the first team to have him around them.

Barnetta: 5 years, £4m fee, £40k wage--> £4m + (5*52*40) = £14,400,000

Barton: 5 years, £55k wage (guess) --> (5*52*55) = £14,300,000

Thats it, he's cheaper, he's staying. BOOOOM!

Money, money, money.:thup:

(plus, barton might be willing to go lower than 55k)

Guest taps01

AndyKerrtv Andy Kerr

#Nufc Pardew "Joey Barton is a great player and you want great players in your team. The door is not closed on Joey"

26 seconds ago

Plus while he isnt 100% focused its not fair on whats left of the first team to have him around them.

He's more likely to get his head sported doing what is normal for a player of his stature, rather than antagonising him, I would have thought.

Guest taps01

AndyKerrtv Andy Kerr

#Nufc Pardew "Joey Barton is a great player and you want great players in your team. The door is not closed on Joey"

26 seconds ago

Fake.

Quotes still real

Guest taps01

"everyone has to pull in the same direction at The minute Joey isnt but that doesn't mean it can't change quickly" Pardew

Guest Roger Kint

He's more likely to get his head sported doing what is normal for a player of his stature, rather than antagonising him, I would have thought.

I appresciate you wont care what Pardew says but 'Everyone has to pull in the same direction. At the minute Joey isnt but that doesnt mean it cant change quickly.'

Allowing him a chance to clear his head isnt the worst thing tbh