Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

They want him to stay now? How class :lol: :lol:

The only thing is, it would make them look even worse and show Barton he has 'won', so can't see it happening.

Would pay to see it though. What a fucking story :lol:

They want him to stay now? How class :lol: :lol:

The only thing is, it would make them look even worse and show Barton he has 'won', so can't see it happening.

Would pay to see it though. What a fucking story :lol:

the story is so ridiculous its believable

Having read it, I can actually see it being true like. Mental :lol:

“Joey’s attitude ahead of the Leeds friendly could have been much better and the club have been frustrated and bewildered by his use of Twitter to showcase his feelings.

“But what was said yesterday puts matters in a little different light and everyone knows what a fine player he can be. It may be in everyone’s best interest to find a way out of the corner that we’ve painted ourselves in.”

Would love it to be true but sounds to me like a familiar NUFC tactic - trying to get the fans back onside by making it look like they are making conciliatory moves so that when Barton leaves, they can turn round and say that he was the one who wanted out after all because they had made the effort to keep him. 

Would love it to be true but sounds to me like a familiar NUFC tactic - trying to get the fans back onside by making it look like they are making conciliatory moves so that when Barton leaves, they can turn round and say that he was the one who wanted out after all because they had made the effort to keep him. 

It does look like that to me, they seem to be playing games.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I'd have him back in a heart beat. A player like him is needed to give the team the fight when we are playing tough teams and derby games

I honestly don't want Barton back at this point. Too much wahala. Too little production.

Hard to be productive when the season hasn't even started yet.

??? Clearly I am referring to his production and actions in the first four years he spent at this club. Your objection to my comment is quite stupid.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I honestly don't want Barton back at this point. Too much wahala. Too little production.

??? Clearly I am referring to his production and actions in the first four years he spent at this club. Your objection to my comment is quite stupid.

He was our best player last season

He was our best player last season

He provided us with literally nothing for three years while being paid an extremely high amount every single week. He should be ashamed to act like the club owes him anything.