Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

Quite a big English contingent there

Woodgate, Upson, Crouch, Palacios all big name players that would appeal to Joeys nature

I certainly wouldn't rule it out

Guest bimpy474

Yeah, what a f***ing thrill. Mincing about with Latvian farmers two thursdays a month.

Tbf we wouldn't say no, as long as we won the feckin cup ;)

Barton wouldn't get much game time at Stoke imo.  

They rely on the pace of Pennant for the right wing and rely on big physical players for the middle.

He'd get in the team in front of Whelan, Whitehead, Soares, Wilson, Delap or Pugh, like.

Barton in CM for Stoke just wouldn't work. Barton in CM for anyone wouldn't work.

Too right. I still had some hope for him there last season but it quickly faded, shadow of a central player now and spent most of the time in Tiote's way.

He won't leave anyway, not for a club that would most likely be considered a downward step.

I get the impression that Stoke keep buying players but never sell anyone. 

I know they are a financially well-run club but it comes to something if they can afford £60k a week wages when we can't.

I know they are a financially well-run club.

Are they? To me they seem to have spent fortunes since they came up.

They have done but the media always say they have the finance to do so.  But I recall that when they signed Kenwyn Jones that Sunderland continued to pay some of his wages because what he wanted would have broken Stoke's wage cap.  Wonder if they are still doing that?

Still can't imagine them paying £60k a week though.

Could see him heading to Russia. Important couple of days talking to the board, I hope they can work something through. If he left and we got Barnetta I would be happy enough but we don't have the time or luxury of bedding yet another player in.

Think he will be on the bench for Saturday and sold by mid next week.