Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Joey Barton seems bullish about his chances of facing Arsenal. Although the Newcastle midfielder was handed a free transfer last week in the wake of his criticism of the club on Twitter, Barton is due to meet St James' Park officials to discuss a potential peace deal and tweeted: "Am off to gym. Looking forward to Arsenal Sat, I'll be playing."

Louise taylor is a fuckin slapper and a half for this s***, she hasn't explained in what context he put it, or that he put the tweet right later.

Like we all said earlier what he tweets will get twisted.

:facepalm: feck sake....

Although, shouldn't be surprised. It is Louise Taylor who is writing this s***. :angry:

Joey Barton seems bullish about his chances of facing Arsenal. Although the Newcastle midfielder was handed a free transfer last week in the wake of his criticism of the club on Twitter, Barton is due to meet St James' Park officials to discuss a potential peace deal and tweeted: "Am off to gym. Looking forward to Arsenal Sat, I'll be playing."

Louise taylor is a fuckin slapper and a half for this s***, she hasn't explained in what context he put it, or that he put the tweet right later.

Like we all said earlier what he tweets will get twisted.

Nout like twisting someones words to your own agenda...

Paper journo's really are scum like, i know not all of them are but a fair few are just shithouses.

:sadnod:

Luke Edwards has done exactly the same in the telegraph with a headline of "Joey Barton's Newcastle United future hangs in balance after breaking club rules on using Twitter"

What a fucking joke.  He's then having a pop at Barton saying the furore won't die unless he just gets on with playing football.  No,  dickhead, the furore won't die until you wankers stop printing false and mis-leading stories.

Guest bimpy474

Luke Edwards has done exactly the same in the telegraph with a headline of "Joey Barton's Newcastle United future hangs in balance after breaking club rules on using Twitter"

What a f***ing joke.  He's then having a pop at Barton saying the furore won't die unless he just gets on with playing football.  No,  dickhead, the furore won't die until you wankers stop printing false and mis-leading stories.

:sadnod:

Joey dont help but right on the money.

@Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Luke Edwards from The Telegraph(re ur article), stop talking nonsense u cretin, u know nothin about the situation. Stop lying to ur readers!

Well said Joey :thup:

jesus christ Joey stop giving them ammo

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Luke Edwards from The Telegraph(re ur article), stop talking nonsense u cretin, u know nothin about the situation. Stop lying to ur readers!

I think Kinnear is getting some unfair stick on here. He was probably the only person willing to step into the shit storm that was Newcastle United at the time. I also think we would have stayed up if he hadn't had that coronary, or whatever it was. Still wouldn't ever want him managing NUFC mind.

i'll call bullshit on that

Having a right go at Neil Farrington now.

That's one way to ingratiate yourself with the management, I suppose - call a journalist they had a serious falling out with and banned from the club a #helmet

Pointless probably seeing as neil is no longer a journalist. He is actually a decent bloke.

He was banned because the club didn't like what he was doing.

He is a good bloke, probably one of the reasons he's not Thomson House any more.

I think Kinnear is getting some unfair stick on here. He was probably the only person willing to step into the shit storm that was Newcastle United at the time. I also think we would have stayed up if he hadn't had that coronary, or whatever it was. Still wouldn't ever want him managing NUFC mind.

i'll call bullshit on that

Who else? If so, why was Joe 'not managed in years' Kinnear hired?

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

@ @AP_McCoy @themichaelowen thats not even mentioning he's had that "safety haircut" since school. #playmobilehead haha

For some reason, I find "playmobilehead" in reference to Owen very funny.

His tweeting about the riots are in The Sun.

Other celebrities busy Tweeting their thoughts include:

Professor Green: "Please take a step back and think of the damage this is doing long term... Please stop harming our own communities. Positives can come from all of this, but why did it take a death to find unity, and then why unite to do wrong? Let's make good of this."

Devlin: "Stay safe people."

Ed Sheeran: "This is all very messed up."

Kate Nash: "Love you London. This is not what/who we are. Riots and violence are not about community but we are. (Stay safe)."

Joey Barton: "This is what happens when uneducated people get bored, lack of education leads to violence....protesting about nothing. Violence always comes from a place of misunderstanding and low to zero self-worth, well mine did anyway.........#educatethem."

Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran: "Watching the news, it's actually shocking what these brutes are doing to the city! Innocent people getting harmed & losing their homes!"

Plan B: "Am all out of words >> @Riotcleanup http://t.co/Vjtlee0 #riotcleanup."

Chipmunk: "Prayers are more important than tweets! Spread Love!"

Nice to see his tweets make the papers for a positive reason.  #cleaninguptheimage

Guest sicko2ndbest

Has anyone picked up on the fact Barton has changed his profile pic from che to himself in a nufc shirt

Significant ?

JOEY Barton must be “totally committed” to Newcastle United before Alan Pardew grants him a return to the club’s matchday squad – while the Magpies boss insists Gabriel Obertan, the new arrival being seen by some as Barton’s replacement, has his “best years ahead of him”.

Newcastle placed Barton on the transfer list last week, when the 28-year-old was made available for free and forced to train alone after criticising the St James’ Park hierarchy on a social media website.

His days on Tyneside appeared to be at an end, with Arsenal, Aston Villa, Stoke City and Celtic initially credited with an interest in the midfielder.

The Journal understands United quickly stepped up their own interest in Swiss international Tranquillo Barnetta – a summer-long target along with, Pardew confirmed once again, a striker – and have now added Obertan on a five-year contract. However, while further talks between Barton, Pardew and Newcastle’s top brass have tempered matters, paving the way for the player’s return to first-team training in recent days, his manager is determined to maintain order in “my dressing room” and has warned the outspoken star to buy into the club’s united ethos or remain out of his matchday plans.

“Joey’s trained with us, but he understands and we understand each other’s position,” said Pardew, finalising preparations for the new Premier league campaign, which begins at home to Arsenal on Saturday. “Joey won’t be included this weekend unless I feel that he’s totally committed to the club.

“It’s not an olive branch. I’m in the middle trying to mediate but at the end of the line, it’s my dressing room and if Joey’s not right he won’t be in my dressing room.”

Unlike Obertan, who yesterday completed his move from Manchester United.

And Pardew said: “I’m very happy to get Obertan in this week, before the season kicks off. He’s a player I’ve watched for the last couple of seasons since he arrived at Manchester United.

“He has great pace and excellent technique and he has improved his power in the last 12 months, and is ready now to make a real impact in the Premier League.

“I contacted Sir Alex (Ferguson) about him early at the start of the summer to see if there was an opportunity to bring him to Newcastle, but it wasn’t until Wayne Routledge joined Swansea City that we were able to bring him in.

“His best years are ahead of him, which is exactly what we want at this club, and with the backing of our magnificent fans I’m sure he will prove an excellent signing for us.” Reporting that no further developments have occurred regarding the future of José Enríque – who refuses to sign a new contract with a year left on his current deal – Pardew also added: “We still need another striker and we’re still pursuing that, and if we lose a player we’re going to replace him.

“Within the squad at the minute there’s one place available for a striker and that search is ongoing until such time as we get the right player in.

“I’d be surprised if it goes down to the wire, I will be, but it might do.” Meanwhile, Pardew was delighted to welcome Cheick Tioté back onto Tyneside yesterday, after the midfielder returned from Ghana following the successful process of a visa application.

“It’s great that Cheick is back with us as we continue the build-up to the weekend,” Pardew said.

“He’s missed a little time with the rest of the players after our pre-season tour of the United States but one of our physios, Derek Wright, has been with Cheick and has been working with him extremely hard.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/08/10/joey-barton-has-to-prove-his-commitment-to-nufc-61634-29208940/2/#ixzz1Ucc46tdk

So AP has confirmed he's back in the squad and might play Saturday, good news.