Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Oh I'm not but I do believe even if Jose was after a lot more money he was still ambitious which played a part in his move (he wouldn't have moved to QPR or West Ham no matter what basically).

The long and short of it is there are a lot of people in the wrong over this (not just the easy target, the board) and the only ones really losing out are us, the fans (and slightly the board who could have got more money for all but it's their mistakes that let it get to this point so tough shit).

agree with that, in my book Enrique wants to get into Spain team and he has a much better chance of that at Liverpool than us (which doesn't reflect well on the way some managers view things tbh)

stevewraith steve wraith

Best message i had today from @joey7barton 'i will be back when these 2 c@&*s f!?k off. I love the club and i love the fans' #nufc

This cunt loves his texts like :lol:

Be interesting to see how things develop at QPR.

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a softer ride from the southern media now he's joined a London club.

Well they were queuing up earlier to welcome him to London.

My personal belief is under Hughton the likes of Nolan and Barton had pretty much free reign, Ashley rightly or wrongly (probably a bit of both) didn't like this and replaced Hughton brining in a manager who wouldn't go along with this.

The players in the 'clique' didn't like this one bit, then when they weren't offered the big contracts they demanded used the obvious ill feeling the fans have towards the board (Barton being the biggest offender) to cause unrest and get moves away for cheap enough to allow these demands to be fulfilled by other clubs.

Enrique, although I think led us along quite a bit at least left for genuine ambitious reasons.

Now I am not absolving the board of any blame, all 3 players should have either stayed or not been allowed to leave for the pittance we got however I think the players have lied just as much, if not more than the board and have used the animosity mentioned above to sway the fans.

*tin hat*

They may have been strong characters that stood up to the hierarchy but I would be amazed if  the same story doesn't happen next year when Colo and Jonas are into the final year of their contracts and they turn down new offers.  And others move on for better wages and to more ambitious clubs.  Their leaving will probably be less acrimonious because they are not likely to rock the boat.

We have to expect that as soon as we have a decent player on our hands, that they will move on fairly quickly once they get a better offer that this club are not prepared to match.  At the moment, we should have enough about us (providing we find someone who can score goals) to survive the the recent exodus but I don't think that will continue to be the case if the same scenario is repeated every year.

Question, with such a frugal board, what justification do they have for letting him leave on a free? Seems a childish temperamental move, much like the sort of action they find unacceptable with Joey...

Wraith's a fucking bellend.

A chronic one at that.

Couldn't be less interested about a talk-in like that. Even if they spill the truth, it's likely what we already suspect anyway. Ex-NUFC players talking about how shit the club is and how great it is being elsewhere? Fuck that.

Guest Mantis

Question, with such a frugal board, what justification do they have for letting him leave on a free? Seems a childish temperamental move, much like the sort of action they find unacceptable with Joey...

They are childish and cunts

Guest Heneage

Wraith is a chronic bellend. He's the players puppet with his 'Wey av had a text from Andy' like it's gospel. What are they even going to say at the talk in we don't already know?

Oh I'm not but I do believe even if Jose was after a lot more money he was still ambitious which played a part in his move (he wouldn't have moved to QPR or West Ham no matter what basically).

The long and short of it is there are a lot of people in the wrong over this (not just the easy target, the board) and the only ones really losing out are us, the fans (and slightly the board who could have got more money for all but it's their mistakes that let it get to this point so tough shit).

Still no excuse for going in to a season with a weak squad despite having the money to remedy that.

Wraith is a chronic bellend. He's the players puppet with his 'Wey av had a text from Andy' like it's gospel. What are they even going to say at the talk in we don't already know?

Whether you agree or disagree with the transfer policy, what good does something like that do? Have a talk in with the likes of Cabaye or something, focus on the future not the players that have left the club. He's far too pally with the players to view things with a bit of context.

stevewraith steve wraith

You pay peanuts you get monkeys #nufc

Fucking cringe. Quoting what Barton said, pathetic suck-up. Then he contradicts himself by saying he thinks Tioté will be next. So you rate him then, Steve? Did he not cost 'peanuts'?

My personal belief is under Hughton the likes of Nolan and Barton had pretty much free reign, Ashley rightly or wrongly (probably a bit of both) didn't like this and replaced Hughton brining in a manager who wouldn't go along with this.

The players in the 'clique' didn't like this one bit, then when they weren't offered the big contracts they demanded used the obvious ill feeling the fans have towards the board (Barton being the biggest offender) to cause unrest and get moves away for cheap enough to allow these demands to be fulfilled by other clubs.

Enrique, although I think led us along quite a bit at least left for genuine ambitious reasons.

Now I am not absolving the board of any blame, all 3 players should have either stayed or not been allowed to leave for the pittance we got however I think the players have lied just as much, if not more than the board and have used the animosity mentioned above to sway the fans.

*tin hat*

They may have been strong characters that stood up to the hierarchy but I would be amazed if  the same story doesn't happen next year when Colo and Jonas are into the final year of their contracts and they turn down new offers.  And others move on for better wages and to more ambitious clubs.  Their leaving will probably be less acrimonious because they are not likely to rock the boat.

We have to expect that as soon as we have a decent player on our hands, that they will move on fairly quickly once they get a better offer that this club are not prepared to match.  At the moment, we should have enough about us (providing we find someone who can score goals) to survive the the recent exodus but I don't think that will continue to be the case if the same scenario is repeated every year.

The problem is we are not a top 4 club, and only the top 4 can pay big wages within a long term structure. The rest can pay it for a while, like Villa tried to, but if you don't break into the top 4 you are then in over your head and the cost cutting will be hard. It's a tough pill to swallow but we are coming back from a long way down and at this stage there's not a lot we can do to stop our players being cherry picked except get the best prices we can and try and replace them well.

Guest Heneage

Whether you agree or disagree with the transfer policy, what good does something like that do? Have a talk in with the likes of Cabaye or something, focus on the future not the players that have left the club. He's far too pally with the players to view things with a bit of context.

stevewraith steve wraith

You pay peanuts you get monkeys #nufc

f***ing cringe. Quoting what Barton said, pathetic suck-up. Then he contradicts himself by saying he thinks Tioté will be next. So you rate him then, Steve? Did he not cost 'peanuts'?

Some fan has just hit the nail on the head calling him a wannabe celebrity fan. He talks about those departed having balls and character yet ignores they took us down.

Guest bimpy474

They are childish and c***s

Maybe more went on with Joey that we dont know about, their attitude was definitely just get him out of the club, more to it than meets the eye i would think.

Just saying, not sticking up for them as you say they are a pair of cunts.

*tin hat*

The problem is we are not a top 4 club, and only the top 4 can pay big wages within a long term structure. The rest can pay it for a while, like Villa tried to, but if you don't break into the top 4 you are then in over your head and the cost cutting will be hard. It's a tough pill to swallow but we are coming back from a long way down and at this stage there's not a lot we can do to stop our players being cherry picked except get the best prices we can and try and replace them well.

I agree but we should not then be turning on the players and accusing them of greed because they consider themselves to have moved on to better things - whether that is because of ambition, salary or a better-run club.

Also, most of our players always seem to want to leave on good terms with the fans for which they are also slated by many but then you gets the likes of Nasri laying into the Arsenal fans once he has moved to a new club.