Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Can see him leading QPR to a win against us,  by the look of it Fernandes is going on a spending spree in the next few days,  already got Luke Young in as well as Joey.  Now linked with the likes of SWP and Scott Parker.  Warnock reckons 5 or 6 will be coming in.  New signings coupled with the usual pumped up newly promoted team playing at home early in the season in front of a sell out crowd could make it an uncomfortable night for NUFC.

Can see him leading QPR to a win against us,  by the look of it Fernandes is going on a spending spree in the next few days,  already got Luke Young in as well as Joey.  Now linked with the likes of SWP and Scott Parker.  Warnock reckons 5 or 6 will be coming in.  New signings coupled with the usual pumped up newly promoted team playing at home early in the season in front of a sell out crowd could make it an uncomfortable night for NUFC.

SWP and Luke Young. Frightening indeed.

If he scores against us, I wonder if he'll celebrate. Would be absolutely disappointed if he did so after everything he's said about our fans.

If he scores against us, I wonder if he'll celebrate. Would be absolutely disappointed if he did so after everything he's said about the fans.

No chance he would celebrate

SWP and Luke Young. Frightening indeed.

They will be a massive improvement on whoever they currently have in the team.  If i was a QPR fan i would be very happy bringing in 3 proven premier league players like SWP, Young and Barton.

Hmmm.... Throwing large amounts of money at players who are nearing the end of their careers. That might keep them up this season, but long-term that's usually trouble. I don't think Fernandes is an Abramovich who's going to be able to keep spending.

Guest johnson293

What do the mackems think about him shunning them?  Not good enough, hate him anyway I guess?

Last I checked, they were refusing to believe that they were in for him.

Not sure I believe it either TBH.

Smacks of the a last attempt to keep some fans onside - and from the quotes, it wasn't Barton himself who mentioned Sunderland - it was a 'close source'.

What do the mackems think about him shunning them?  Not good enough, hate him anyway I guess?

Smacks of the a last attempt to keep some fans onside - and from the quotes, it wasn't Barton himself who mentioned Sunderland - it was a 'close source'.

Bartom himself almost confirmed it, though. Which club else he would have got 'lynched' for?

Bartom himself almost confirmed it, though. Which club else he would have got 'lynched' for?

Doesn't mean that he was telling the truth ;)

No, but johnson293 said it wasn't Barton himself confirming it.

Guest johnson293

What do the mackems think about him shunning them?  Not good enough, hate him anyway I guess?

Aye, and where does Barton himself say it was Sunderland?

Hmmm.... Throwing large amounts of money at players who are nearing the end of their careers. That might keep them up this season, but long-term that's usually trouble. I don't think Fernandes is an Abramovich who's going to be able to keep spending.

I don't think Fernandes himself is rich enough to support continued spending but isn' t the co-owner (Mittel?)  richer than Abramovich.  He wasn't willing to invest with the other 2 owners but maybe that will be different now.

See above. Which club else than Sunderland he "would have got lynched for"? Surely not Bolton, Everton or West Ham?

Guest johnson293

What do the mackems think about him shunning them?  Not good enough, hate him anyway I guess?

See above. Which club else than Sunderland he "would have got lynched for"? Surely not Bolton, Everton or West Ham?

Liverpool? Point is, were just guessing, and only a close source actually claims it was Sunderland - and as I said, it still smacks of an attempt to maintain his 'voice of the geordies' position, and keep up the 'pushed out' stance.

I don't think Fernandes himself is rich enough to support continued spending but isn' t the co-owner (Mittel?)  richer than Abramovich.  He wasn't willing to invest with the other 2 owners but maybe that will be different now.

He's twice as rich as Sheikh Mansour.

This from the true faith message board which I read. May also be one of you from here but agree totally with this comment:

"I haven't seen him smile yet having signed for QPR. One can only imagine he woke up this morning and wondered why has has got himself into this situation. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Barton household to try and gauge the mood. He still had 12 months here on 60k a week and at the end of that, he would've still got a move somewhere. He engineered a move away but he did it in the hope of landing a club like Spurs. When it became clear that no one else was interested, he must have panicking about opening his gob.

Let's not beat around the bush here. He knew exactly what he was doing when he spoke out on Twitter, it was a situation that was engineered to get him out of NUFC but if you had suggested to Barton that QPR would be the only club interested in taking him at the time, he'd have probably laughed.

He had backed himself into a corner and Ashley called his bluff. There is no way in a million years he wanted and/or expected QPR to be his last resort.

It's a lesson to anyone who thinks they are bigger than a club or a regime, the grass certainly isn't always greener on the other side, and I say this holding our owner and chief in the contempt they deserve. Even with the current situation in mind, NUFC is a better place to play your football than QPR, every single day of the week."

Of course he didn't expect to end up at QPR. Of coures he will gutted to not have kept his mouth shut.

But did he really try to engineer a move away, or was it just that he wanted to be honest about certain situations at the club.

Let's remember, this whole Barton's twitter vs. the club only started right after Nolan was sold - the time also the interview with him at the royal ascot was done, still to be seen at the SSN website.

There it started and, at least at that time, it never ever looked like he was engineering a move away.

At the end of course, it might have been that tweeting things like "Having a medical now... " was also an idea of making other clubs aware of his situations, hoping they'd bid for him.

Of course he didn't expect to end up at QPR. Of coures he will gutted to not have kept his mouth shut.

But did he really try to engineer a move away, or was it just that he wanted to be honest about certain situations at the club.

Let's remember, this whole Barton's twitter vs. the club only started right after Nolan was sold - the time also the interview with him at the royal ascot was done, still to be seen at the SSN website.

There it started and, at least at that time, it never ever looked like he was engineering a move away.

At the end of course, it might have been that tweeting things like "Having a medical now... " was also an idea of making other clubs aware of his situations, hoping they'd bid for him.

He didn't give the fans any information though.  Saying stuff like 'I wish I could say what really goes on' etc. is a complete waste of time.  He's telling nothing we don't already know whilst pissing off the owners.  He was either trying to engineer a move away or he's very stupid/naive.