Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/262623/Tweet-revenge-for-Newcastle

“We had agreed a deal with Joey in January on a new contract and shook hands on that. But then he changed his mind and became a disruptive source in the camp.

Just wondering  if this quote is true

The fact that you're asking if it's true means you have had your head in the sand for the last 2 years or so.

Let's look at the facts:

Keegan - proved them to be utterly shameful liars in a court of law

Relegated

Shearer - completely ignored, not had phone calls returned about position

What we are left with is a bunch of people who actually gave a s*** and don't tell me that's not true as several people on here, myself included felt that about the players who brought us back up.

This group of players, some of who were on large contracts would not be willingly, or perhaps most importantly sold by their current manger as he sees how important this team spirit thing is.

Hughton - Surprise, surprise, just before being sacked stories of 'player power' appear in certain newspapers. He is then sacked with some rubbish about next level and losing control doing the rounds

Pardew - appointed. The dismantling of the group of players begins. Goes on to vomit and s*** varies quotes about the club/players and then, surprise, surprise again, the opposite happens. Rants on about the size and altogether wonderfulness of deals being offered to the players

Carroll - Local lad, told him to f*** off to anyone who offered silly money. Tried to make it appear that he wanted to leave. Carroll talks about the fans knowing the truth.

Nolan - Pivotal figure in dressing room regardless of opinions on ability/fitness. Club understandably want to reduce wages etc, Nolan wants to get a good deal. Nolan out, compromising which normally happens between the player and club in this situation doesn't happen. Utterances about age, money, contract length and not willing to compromise from club. Nolan denies and talks of fans knowing the truth.

Enrique - Although this started a while ago, is posturing for a better deal, then sees the team being dismantled around him and probably wants out. Who can blame him. Victim of Pardews contracting offerings speech, which it turns out was the same contract offered to him before.

Barton - Along the lines of Enrique, only decides to get more militant on twitter. Speaks about fans knowing the truth. Booted out, oh look the club source is quoting again. Not the clubs fault......

Other players such as Routledge talk about the truth and how the club is being run as well.

I'm sure I've missed out a few links quotes etc that will back this up, but how ANYONE can believe the club is utterly beyond me.

I don't blame Barton, I like his style and how he's gone about starting to expose them.

As for this season, I reckon apart from this team becoming the best of mates in record time and hardly any injuries we're pretty much f***ed.

“We had agreed a deal with Joey in January on a new contract and shook hands on that. But then he changed his mind and became a disruptive source in the camp.

Just wondering  if this quote is true

The fact that you're asking if it's true means you have had your head in the sand for the last 2 years or so.

Let's look at the facts:

Relegated

What we are left with is a bunch of people who actually gave a s*** and don't tell me that's not true as several people on here, myself included felt that about the players who brought us back up.

This group of players, some of who were on large contracts would not be willingly, or perhaps most importantly sold by their current manger as he sees how important this team spirit thing is.

Hughton - Surprise, surprise, just before being sacked stories of 'player power' appear in certain newspapers. He is then sacked with some rubbish about next level and losing control doing the rounds

Pardew - appointed. The dismantling of the group of players begins. Goes on to vomit and s*** varies quotes about the club/players and then, surprise, surprise again, the opposite happens. Rants on about the size and altogether wonderfulness of deals being offered to the players

Carroll - Local lad, told him to f*** off to anyone who offered silly money. Tried to make it appear that he wanted to leave. Carroll talks about the fans knowing the truth.

Nolan - Pivotal figure in dressing room regardless of opinions on ability/fitness. Club understandably want to reduce wages etc, Nolan wants to get a good deal. Nolan out, compromising which normally happens between the player and club in this situation doesn't happen. Utterances about age, money, contract length and not willing to compromise from club. Nolan denies and talks of fans knowing the truth.

Enrique - Although this started a while ago, is posturing for a better deal, then sees the team being dismantled around him and probably wants out. Who can blame him. Victim of Pardews contracting offerings speech, which it turns out was the same contract offered to him before.

Barton - Along the lines of Enrique, only decides to get more militant on twitter. Speaks about fans knowing the truth. Booted out, oh look the club source is quoting again. Not the clubs fault......

Other players such as Routledge talk about the truth and how the club is being run as well.

I'm sure I've missed out a few links quotes etc that will back this up, but how ANYONE can believe the club is utterly beyond me.

I don't blame Barton, I like his style and how he's gone about starting to expose them.

As for this season, I reckon apart from this team becoming the best of mates in record time and hardly any injuries we're pretty much f***ed.

Just who pulled the plug on the contract the club or Barton ? could be both parties are as bad as each other

If I were to guess, I would imagine that the bit about Joey becoming disruptive is true. If he was willing to slag off his employers on twitter, just imagine what he was saying to the other players privately.

"Willing to slag off his employers". I think most of the players are aware of how shitty our owner & company is. It's just about one opiniated person letting it all out in public. Doesn't change a thing in our current squad. From the reactions of different players re this transfer list thing, you can see he is a well liked man. It would be a hell of a lot more disruptive to let him go.

Unimpressed. I know Ashley and Llambias are scum of the earth.

But for someone who claims he loves the club and wants to give his all week in week out, couldn't he have played his final year with his gob shut and feet on the ground? Or at least mull for a transfer now and leave with his head high. (and the same goes for Jose f***ing Enrique)  Regardless of what the f*** is happening behind the scenes, he had a year left. After the way this club had stood by him I think this unacceptable.

I'm not an Ashley ''apologist'' but for someone who loves the club, doing what he just did, not only is it terrible timing, but its not something someone who ''loves'' the club would do. Footballers are like those teenagers who post their crap on social networks I swear.

Regardless, I wish him all the best, he indeed was a beast for us the last two seasons.

The more I think about this, the more I wonder what he was playing at with his Tweets. Did he think he was too important to us this season that we'd not do anything? He must have known what he was writing would get into the media and looked down upon by the club, so why do it? Stupid.

But for someone who claims he loves the club and wants to give his all week in week out, couldn't he have played his final year with his gob shut and feet on the ground? Or at least mull for a transfer now and leave with his head high. (and the same goes for Jose f***ing Enrique)  Regardless of what the f*** is happening behind the scenes, he had a year left. After the way this club had stood by him I think this unacceptable.

I'm not an Ashley ''apologist'' but for someone who loves the club, doing what he just did, not only is it terrible timing, but its not something someone who ''loves'' the club would do. Footballers are like those teenagers who post their crap on social networks I swear.

Regardless, I wish him all the best, he indeed was a beast for us the last two seasons.

If you love a club and wants to play there and it is run like a brothel, wouldnt you try to speak up so people would know what was going on behind the scenes? Maybe the current regime would change their approach towards our players, and we wont be in this shit again.  It sucks working for someone who doesnt have a clue i normal lifes, so i guess it does it in the football world.

Guest Geordiesned

Fucking hell that Express article!

"Newcastle’s hierarchy say Barton tried to impose his own musical tastes on the dressing room – he is not a fan of the latest rap sounds – and players have complained that he is obsessed about getting his own way.

Seasoned England players were not impressed when Barton made his international debut four years ago and persuaded then-boss Steve McClaren not to hand him a second cap."

What an absolute pile of shite!

I still.think they had a bit of a boys club going on and felt they run the club but as soon as they didn't get everything they wanted the toys came out. Makes it easier that the players are fully aware of the fans animosity.

Unfortunately I have a lot of time for all those involved in this shit. Barton has been getting pretty boring recently though and someone with his obvious intelligence can't claim ignorance to this affecting the overall morale of the team. He is looking after himself first and foremost, he just has a good idea of how to push the right buttons and come across like he is trying to be the whistle blower the fans are apparently begging for.

This basically. There were clues earlier on when Joey first started tweeting and before that as well, but I was prepared to believe Joey would knuckle down and give 100% in his final year here. That was obviously never his intention or his lying scumbag agent's either. The talk of a top four club is laughable. If he had one lined up he wouldn't be threatening to stay here I can promise you that much. He's just out to cause as much aggro as possible, that much is clear to anyone with an open mind.

Guest Geordiesned

Luke Edwards confirming what a thick bellend he us by retweeting this:

@LukeEdwardsTele showing why got the telegraph job. Used to be decent journo but disappeared up his own arse now. Perfect 4 national. #nufc

Same quote was given to talk sport this morning. This person also told Talksport that we are after 3 players, a full back, a midfielder and a striker. Believe of that what you will.

Let's look at the facts:

Relegated

Add to this the rumours that the rest of the people in this group, namely Harper and Smith are also now being forced out. I'm all for wanting rid of disruptive influences but surely the club has to understand that a group like that is (I know I mentioned Smith but still) all pulling together in the same direction will help the club progress. You need that sort of team to succeed otherwise you end up looking like Man City currently doing with players coming out in the press saying they hate the city and no togetherness at all.

Guest BooBoo

Lee Ryder's piece on the Chronicle site is unreal. The arselicker puts the blame fully at Barton's feet without a single reference of the shambolic ownership and their lack of investment this summer.

Let's look at the facts:

Relegated

But for someone who claims he loves the club and wants to give his all week in week out, couldn't he have played his final year with his gob shut and feet on the ground? Or at least mull for a transfer now and leave with his head high. (and the same goes for Jose f***ing Enrique)  Regardless of what the f*** is happening behind the scenes, he had a year left. After the way this club had stood by him I think this unacceptable.

Agree with you both have to say in away as they are both relevent in this situation and for once i wish Joey had of kept his mouth shut over this on twitter,engineer his own move i dont know but we will lose a player who would have been more than useful next season and will not get replaced imho  :sadnod:

Lee Ryder's piece on the Chronicle site is unreal. The arselicker puts the blame fully at Barton's feet without a single reference of the shambolic ownership and their lack of investment this summer.

To be fair Joey has played right into their hands and made it very easy for them. Talk about giving them enough rope, given his history and vocal opinions the papers will be queuing up to have a pop at him while the board escape blame free.

After the way this club had stood by him I think this unacceptable.

Sorry keep hearing this tripe on the radio, the club didn't stand by him they tried to get rid of Barton they just refused to sack him cause they would lose out on the fee for the player and wouldn't pay off his contract because they would then have to spend some cash. Lets get real here the board only ever do what helps them bring in cash noubt else. Same reason they haven't released the player now cause they will have to pay up his final year of his contract.

Guest bimpy474

thing is I remember what normally very reliable sources (Caulkin for example) was saying before deadline day that Barton was going to sign a new deal so that part of the article is believable

The moving of the goalpost (wanting more money), was in The Sun article last night too.

I hate to say it but it is beginning to look like he has been causing trouble, if we believe all the stuff being written that is.

It's funny how so much can change in such a short space of time. A few weeks ago after our initial signings, the positivity was back. I genuinley thought that the magical £35M was going to be spent in helping us flesh out our squad with quality players. This hasn't and clearly won't happen. This club is being torn apart and it's horrible to watch. As ever though, we (the fans) will be here in the aftermath of it all, left to pick up the pieces. As for this season, I can't see anything other than a relegation dogfight right now. Horrible considering this was the summer we had a real chance to kick on when instead, we've gone backwards and look to be on a slippery slope.