Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest michaelfoster

He has only been at Newcastle since July 2007, he was in prison from January to July 2008. How does that equate to "for the first few years at NUFC he was a total waste of space due to his own stupidity"?

With all due respect Blef, he was a waste of space due to his own stupidity, his own stupidity caused him to get locked up therefore making himself unable to fulfil his contract.

Im really pleased he's playing well this season as ive wanted him to prove the media wrong as he is a good footballer but he's still thick as f*ck and he will never change his temprement on and off the pitch

He has only been at Newcastle since July 2007, he was in prison from January to July 2008. How does that equate to "for the first few years at NUFC he was a total waste of space due to his own stupidity"?

With all due respect Blef, he was a waste of space due to his own stupidity, his own stupidity caused him to get locked up therefore making himself unable to fulfil his contract.

Im really pleased he's playing well this season as ive wanted him to prove the media wrong as he is a good footballer but he's still thick as f*ck and he will never change his temprement on and off the pitch

You're an embarrassment.

Guest michaelfoster

You're an embarrassment.

howay then mastermind do explain?

Joey Barton - good footballer but thick as f**k in my opinion

Guest michaelfoster

I'm a big fan of Joey's and regularly get into 'debates' with friends where I back him all the way...that said his wikipedia page, particularly since he has been at Newcastle, is colourful with plenty of noteworthy incidents!  ;D

November 2007 - Lucky to escape punishment for a dangerous challenge of Dickson Etuhuin the Tyne & Wear Derby, however as the referee had seen the incident no action could be taken.

December 2007 - called newcastle fans 'vicious' after they protested against Sam Allardyce

December 2007 - Arrested for assault while out in Liverpool after punching a man twenty times,

May 2008 - he was given a 6 month prison sentence in which he served until July 28th. He also served a 6 game ban for his assault on Dabo with a further 6 game suspended ban. (air enough this happened at Man City but effected us too)

October 2008 - Appeared to kick Gabriel Agbonlahor and also make a racist comment which he was cleared of (fair enough nothing came of this one)

May 2009 - sent off for a dangerous tackle on Xabi Alonso which ruled him out for 3 matches, Barton allegedtly had a post match confrontation with Shearer & Dowie in the changing rooms. Barton was banned indefinitely by Newcastle and was told not to go near the training ground.

November 2010 - punched Morten Gamst Pedersen in a match with Blackburn and was suspended for 3 matches for violent conduct

December 2010 - appeared to make a homophobic gesture towards Fernando Torres during their game with Liverpool, received a warning from the FA

I'm a big fan of Joey's and regularly get into 'debates' with friends where I back him all the way...that said his wikipedia page, particularly since he has been at Newcastle, is colourful with plenty of noteworthy incidents!  ;D

November 2007 - Lucky to escape punishment for a dangerous challenge of Dickson Etuhuin the Tyne & Wear Derby, however as the referee had seen the incident no action could be taken.

December 2007 - called newcastle fans 'vicious' after they protested against Sam Allardyce

December 2007 - Arrested for assault while out in Liverpool after punching a man twenty times,

May 2008 - he was given a 6 month prison sentence in which he served until July 28th. He also served a 6 game ban for his assault on Dabo with a further 6 game suspended ban. (air enough this happened at Man City but effected us too)

October 2008 - Appeared to kick Gabriel Agbonlahor and also make a racist comment which he was cleared of (fair enough nothing came of this one)

May 2009 - sent off for a dangerous tackle on Xabi Alonso which ruled him out for 3 matches, Barton allegedtly had a post match confrontation with Shearer & Dowie in the changing rooms. Barton was banned indefinitely by Newcastle and was told not to go near the training ground.

November 2010 - punched Morten Gamst Pedersen in a match with Blackburn and was suspended for 3 matches for violent conduct

December 2010 - appeared to make a homophobic gesture towards Fernando Torres during their game with Liverpool, received a warning from the FA

So in otherwords, since he has been at Newcastle he has hit Pedersen and was locked up for something he done 3-4 years ago. The rest in bold are either overplayed bollocks or something we see on the field every week.

Am not trying to put him down, i'm one of his biggest fans. There is never a dull moment with Joey and I like that about him, much better than the majority of mundane drones that play premier league football. I respect the bloke for being prepared to admit that he has his issues, that his downfall is of his own doing and he is constantly trying to battle his demons.

Guest michaelfoster

I'm a big fan of Joey's and regularly get into 'debates' with friends where I back him all the way...that said his wikipedia page, particularly since he has been at Newcastle, is colourful with plenty of noteworthy incidents!  ;D

So in otherwords, since he has been at Newcastle he has hit Pedersen and was locked up for something he done 3-4 years ago. The rest in bold are either overplayed bollocks or something we see on the field every week.

He's basically a massive tw*t for punching someone twenty times in Liverpool, as he was our player then. He could and really should of served alot longer than he did inside. In my opinion (sorry Ronaldo im allowed one, k?) he needs to keep up performances for the rest of this and the whole of next season if he wants to begin to redeem himself with the fans.

I had more of an issue with him being injured so frequently and still seeing fit to shoot his mouth off in the press.

He's been terrific this season though and has won me over massively.  I'm not even that arsed about him being a complete tit every now and again if he's playing well for us most weeks and we're not talking beating the fuck out of some bellend outside of McDonalds.

Guest michaelfoster

Suppport someone else, man.

Dangerous tackles, racist comments and homophobic gestures. f*** off.

Nah had a season ticket since 93 so i think ill keep going

Am not trying to put him down, i'm one of his biggest fans. There is never a dull moment with Joey and I like that about him, much better than the majority of mundane drones that play premier league football. I respect the bloke for being prepared to admit that he has his issues, that his downfall is of his own doing and he is constantly trying to battle his demons.

There's no doubt he's a bit daft, but his career at Newcastle is nowhere near as colourful as people make out. Whats strange is Golden Boy Carroll, LIVERPOOL & ENGLAND DARLING has smashed a teamates jaw, battered his lass (maybe twice if the 2nd charge is to be believed), and glassed some kid in Blu Bamboo (all in the last few year), yet this has pretty much been completely forgoten, everyone loves him.

Perhaps you should stop fabricating nonsense about one of our own players then. Arguably our best player.

Stop biting. :thup:

He's basically a massive tw*t for punching someone twenty times in Liverpool, as he was our player then. He could and really should of served alot longer than he did inside. In my opinion (sorry Ronaldo im allowed one, k?) he needs to keep up performances for the rest of this and the whole of next season if he wants to begin to redeem himself with the fans.

He's shown no indication what-so-ever that he will not keep up these performances, hence why I was slightly baffled when you claimed he had reverted back to the same old Barton after 1 below par performance (where if anything his downfall was trying a little too hard).

There's no doubt he's a bit daft, but his career at Newcastle is nowhere near as colourful as people make out. Whats strange is Golden Boy Carroll, LIVERPOOL & ENGLAND DARLING has smashed a teamates jaw, battered his lass (maybe twice if the 2nd charge is to be believed), and glassed some kid in Blu Bamboo (all in the last few year), yet this has pretty much been completely forgoten, everyone loves him.

Yes but this is a thread about Joey Barton. I wasn't trying to spark a debate, was just mentioning that I read his wiki page today and some of the things he has got up to (the lesser stuff) made me chuckle, that is all!

Guest michaelfoster

He's shown no indication what-so-ever that he will not keep up these performances, hence why I was slightly baffled when you claimed he had reverted back to the same old Barton after 1 below par performance (where if anything his downfall was trying a little too hard).

I meant attitude wise, sorry if i wasnt clear :)

Aye i'm probably just rambling on a bit like, it just gets on my wik that people (usualy neutrals) completely ignore most footballers wrongdoings and yet pick up Barton on every minor fault. Nigel De Jong has broke 2 young footballers legs and drop kicked a bloke in the chest in the last year, and all I heard in the Liverpool/City game was how much City could have benefited from that wonderful football, Nigel De Jong. Thats good though, I don't expect what De Jong has done in the past to be constant burden over his head, the same as I would expect for any other footballer, Barton is an exeption though.

Again i'm just rambling now like so i'm going :lol:

Has had a week he will want to forget in a hurry with the mouthing off in the press doing him no favours after his performance on sunday,he really struggled with the captaincy imho due to the inept play from other players that effected his play in trying too hard and frustration crept in and reverted back to indisipline in his play and really missed Nolan .

Poor week, granted, but all those questioning his attitude, ability to captain the side etc need to go sit down and rewatch the second half of the Arsenal game. Some people have short/selective memories it would seem.

Aye i'm probably just rambling on a bit like, it just gets on my wik that people (usualy neutrals) completely ignore most footballers wrongdoings and yet pick up Barton on every minor fault. Nigel De Jong has broke 2 young footballers legs and drop kicked a bloke in the chest in the last year, and all I heard in the Liverpool/City game was how much City could have benefited from that wonderful football, Nigel De Jong. Thats good though, I don't expect what De Jong has done in the past to be constant burden over his head, the same as I would expect for any other footballer, Barton is an exeption though.

Again i'm just rambling now like so i'm going :lol:

I can think of one or two ways that de Jong would have improved that game :shifty:

Guest toonlass

I meant attitude wise, sorry if i wasnt clear :)

What a load of shite. He was trying too hard on Sunday within a weakened team. Had Nolan and Tiote been available the midfield would have been considerably stronger. Are you also telling me that they are worse than shite because they were suspended (through their own stupidity if we are applying your mentality here)?

The interview was given weeks ago since he has been superb on the field. Barton cannot tell the media when to publish it.

Your argument is bollocks fuelled by your dislike of what Barton has done in the past. And no-one is condoning what he did. To knock a bloke unconscious is disgraceful, but he has paid his debt to society. If you think he should have been locked up for longer then write to your MP asking for more severe prison sentences. He has also faced up to his alcoholism, a factor that I, through my own experience with alcoholism, know is both not easy to conquer but is also a major contributing factor to behaviour that is otherwise unacceptable.

Stop hanging Barton out to dry, the lad is overly criticised by the media, is judged before he even walks into the pitch, and is an easy target for away fans to deride. As Newcastle United fans we should be supporting the efforts he has made off the pitch to improve his life, and be extremely happy that he has had a massively good season on the pitch too.