Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Smith has no interest in playing football anymore? I think it's the complete opposite, he loves playing he's just shit at it. If you were earning 60k a week or whatever would you drop down to about 10k a week to play in the Championship?

The Sunday Times isnt really a paper to print transfer twaddle. Bizarrely, there may be something in the story.

Just like there was something in the stories that Arsenal were waiting to swoop no doubt.

Guest Roger Kint

You may be right, but I just see Joey as a more straight forward want to play football kind of lad... Not many players would stay at a club after being told they are not wanted, Smith has no interest in playing football any more he just wants his wages.

You think if we told Joey to find another club he would just be happy to stay and not play ?

Barton himself said theres going to be no new contract, he has also said he will see out the final year. He must know that his decision could have left him in limbo(especially after his little outbursts) so yes he probably would for 12 months if it happened. It wont as we are shorthanded as it is.

Barton will plat lots of games for us this season, Smith will be lucky to make the bench.

Were you meant to quote me there as its nowt to do with what i said?

I can completely understand the clubs reluctance to give Barton a long term contract, he has only been good for around 25% of his time here for numerous reasons and we stuck by him when we had every reason to shift him (which as a popular idea on here for a number of posters a few times during his time here).

Put Barton in the centre of the Man Utd team with players like Nani, Rooney, Berbatov or Hernandez around him and he'll look a great CM.

Or the other way around, put Carrick, Fletcher or Anderson into our team (at least our team at times last season when Barton played CM) and they'll look useless.

Put Barton in the centre of the Man Utd team with players like Nani, Rooney, Berbatov or Hernandez around him and he'll look a great CM.

Or the other way around, put Carrick, Fletcher or Anderson into our team (at least our team at times last season when Barton played CM) and they'll look useless.

You can say that about almost every players in the Premier League.

Honestly man, I rate Barton as a half decent footballer and like him as a personality but some people on here go WAYYYYY overboard on his ability level.

For sure I'm one of them. :lol:

But at times last season Barton has shown that he has more talent than those 3 I've named.

Fletcher, Carrick and Anderson would improve our central midfield options massively, whereas Barton looks at most as a passable CM these days. The first two in particular have both been key players in a Champions League winning team, Barton would look out of his depth playing in the middle for Man U at that level.

Barton has one very good season playing wide and people are going way over the top on how good he is.

Fletcher, Carrick and Anderson would improve our central midfield options massively, whereas Barton looks at most as a passable CM these days. The first two in particular have both been key players in a Champions League winning team, Barton would look out of his depth playing in the middle for Man U at that level.

Barton has one very good season playing wide and people are going way over the top on how good he is.

Come on man Sewelly, to say he's been good for 1 season is pretty nieve like. And although I agree that Fletcher, Carrick and Anderson would improve us in the centre, i'd also argue that Barton would offer Man U a lot more creativity than those 3 combined in the middle for them. He'd be given a LOT more time on the ball there.

However good a player Barton is technically, he's far too slow around the pitch to play for a team like Man U who are all about dynamic movement and passing at speed. That's why these rumours always make me laugh, anyone who looks at the make up of sides like Arsenal and Man U would see straight away that those managers would never seriously consider Barton.

However good a player Barton is technically, he's far too slow around the pitch to play for a team like Man U who are all about dynamic movement and passing at speed. That's why these rumours always make me laugh, anyone who looks at the make up of sides like Arsenal and Man U would see straight away that those managers would never seriously consider Barton.

Quite unlike Paul 'Usain Bolt' Scholes, or the Lightening Kid, Ryan Giggs?

Asking on Twitter how we got on last night. :lol:

:lol:

Joey7Barton  Joseph Barton

Everyone saying "how don't u know?" Because am in Dutch hotel without wifi???? Even Travel lodges have wifi in UK. That's how I don't know..

:lol: