Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest GeordieBatistuta

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Nice to be linked with some big clubs today but I honestly don't want to leave Newcastle. Thanks but no thanks. #unfinishedbusinesshere

Nice to be linked with some big clubs today but I honestly don't want to leave Newcastle. Thanks but no thanks. #unfinishedbusinesshere

vor 4 Minuten

»

Joseph Barton

Great race that for LH, thought the car would let hin down today. Decent

:thup:

If he plays well, other clubs will be willing to give him the years and basic wage that he wants, so he'll leave.

If he's shit, we wouldn't want him back and I think he'd have to settle for a West Ham-type club - a newly promoted team, or a recently relegated team - who would be willing to give him the years but maybe not the basic wage. In the end, he's gone either way.

The only chance he stays if he has a change of heart in the next few months and just signs whatever contract the club offers to him (this nonsense about the club not offering him a contract is just that: nonsense. If he wants to sign a reasonable contract, there'll be one for him to sign.).

And I find it funny that he's talking as if the club are to blame for him likely leaving the club at the end of the season, like it's their fault that he's going to be unemployed. Err, wasn't it him who delayed signing a contract in January? Wasn't it him who overplayed his hand after Carroll left?

He knows exactly what he's doing btw.

The more he tweets like that, the more he'll get the fans onside. It's clear he's playing us off against the management in order to try and force a deal.

However good a player Barton is technically, he's far too slow around the pitch to play for a team like Man U who are all about dynamic movement and passing at speed. That's why these rumours always make me laugh, anyone who looks at the make up of sides like Arsenal and Man U would see straight away that those managers would never seriously consider Barton.

Quite unlike Paul 'Usain Bolt' Scholes, or the Lightening Kid, Ryan Giggs?

Both are/were pretty sharp about the pitch, and as soon as they lose that sharpness they start getting pushed further down the line for a starting place. Scholes has retired now in any case.

The only chance he stays if he has a change of heart in the next few months and just signs whatever contract the club offers to him (this nonsense about the club not offering him a contract is just that: nonsense. If he wants to sign a reasonable contract, there'll be one for him to sign.).

We don't know that for sure.

The more he tweets like that, the more he'll get the fans onside. It's clear he's playing us off against the management in order to try and force a deal.

Yeah but I reckon between DL and MA they might struggle to give half a f*** over what the fans think about the Barton situation.  

Not sure about that.  The management have never given a crap about what the fans want or think, I don't see it as being a particularly strong influence on them whether we want him here or not.

Maybe if he repeats last season we will offer him a further deal. Can see why we'd be hesitant to offer him a longer deal given his past record off the pitch and given his injuries.

If he has a good season he'll get his new contract.

Hope so.

Maybe if he repeats last season we will offer him a further deal. Can see why we'd be hesitant to offer him a longer deal given his past record off the pitch and given his injuries.

One of them when I can totally understand both sides positions this one. I'd have played it exactly the same if I was JB or the club.