Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Sold him? Every club in the world knows that he was put up for sale in may. Noone has put in a bid, maybe there is a reason for that?

I dare anyone of you to go on about your employer in social media like that and see what happens.

And why do most people believe that Barton is such a big part of the team spirit? For me he seems to have had a close connection with Carroll and Nolan, as well as Hughton, but I dont think he is the best person to integrate our new players, especially if he gets angry when Cabaye takes free kicks and so on. Our new french players have said they have heard great things about the club from the likes of Ben Arfa, this does not add up with the views of Barton and Enrique.

How much time has Ben Arfa spent at the club to give him a better opinion of it than Barton and Enrique?

Well if he's not unhappy he's certainly doing a good impression of it.

If I thought he would think logically like you and not cause any problems because it wouldn't be in his interests the I'd agree with you, but if that was the case he wouldn't have done the tweeting in the first place.

The timing of him doing that makes it look quite reactionary doesnt it? Not something that would have persisted. Look at his reaction to Nolan being sold, his initial comments before coming around to "well thats just how clubs work" hours later. He'd have been fine man, we've dealt with this very badly.

If I thought he would think logically like you and not cause any problems because it wouldn't be in his interests the I'd agree with you, but if that was the case he wouldn't have done the tweeting in the first place.

The timing of him doing that makes it look quite reactionary doesnt it? Not something that would have persisted. Look at his reaction to Nolan being sold, his initial comments before coming around to "well thats just how clubs work" hours later. He'd have been fine man, we've dealt with this very badly.

Yeah, I've said before that in a week's time he might be fine, that's the kind of guy he is. The problem is a week after that, or the next time something happens that he doesn't like.

Especially since the reports coming out confirm that he's going to stay here to cause trouble only. Right from his initial sarcastic "welcome" to the arrival of Cabaye and now apparently targeting him for a tongue lashing his sabotage campaign should be apparent to even the most blinkered Ashley haters. Of course the c***'s being made to train alone, why would you allow him to spread his revenge inspired poison to the rest of the camp?

Where's this been confirmed?

Probably been said, but it seems once again that Ashley not only has the local media in his pocket, but also some of the national media. The local media probably want to keep him sweet, so will watch what they say and I'd imagine that he has mate's in the national press who will look after him too. Didn't one of them used to write for the NotW? Either way, it's a sorry state of affairs when recent history is being revised to get Barton out of the door and also to get NUFC fans to turn against him. What a scummy club we currently support. Makes me ashamed to be a black and white at the moment. :( Even more so than when those knackers ran on the pitch at Darlington the other week - this is far worse.

And again, which quality players are going to come and play for an owner who will stab you in the back at the first available sign of dissent/opportunity?

Ben Arfa, cabaye, Ba, Marveaux?

DUH!

:doh:

Most of them unproven in the PL! Ba has onyl played 12 games, ffs. And if they joined on the promise of the club pushing on and showing ambition, what do you think will happen next year when hopefully we've managed to stay clear of relegation (which is looking likely)? They will be off quicker than shit off a shovel.

Side point but every player in the entire league was 'unproven in the PL' as some point. Think people place too much on this.

I think IF the club signed someone as a comparable/better player to replace JB I dont think there would be half as much of an up roar, as most of us now has 5% faith in the management of the club we all worry it will be the kids being asked (used as a reason to say we dont need a replacement) and leaving the squad down a player.

There was talk on here yesterday about the Rooney/Ferguson and how he fought to keep Rooney.

Ferguson is infamous for getting rid of players who wrong the club in some way. Big players, too. Beckham, Yorke, Stam etc. Even Schmeichel at one point. He'd have sold Barton years ago.

Yes, sold him, not let one of his best players go for free.

And got about £6. Ferguson would do what was best for the club and that would be getting rid of Barton, for free if he had to. He fought to keep Rooney because he's one of the only players who he knows he can't replace for a number of reasons.

Barton is a player we can't replace for a number of reasons, one being that the transfer window shuts in about a week and another being that there's no obvious replacement available who's in the bargain bin because they've got leprosy, they suffer from a rare medical condition where their feet have been replaced with hands, they're eleven years old, or they've fallen out with their club because of what they've said on twitter and are being allowed to leave on a free.  Wait, there is one player like that, in exactly the situation we'd normally be rubbing our hands about, unfortunately it's Barton himself.

We can replace Barton. He's had 1 good season in 4. As we've not tried to replace him so far, I'll wait and judge this particular replacement initiative on September 1st.

Yeah, we can replace him.  We could have replaced Carroll as well.  We could replace Enrique.  Unfortunately 'can' and 'will' are words which are very far apart at this club.

That is true. I do expect a few bids to be put in to replacements however.

You are ignoring what has been brewing since January wrt his new contract. You can't just pretend this is just a couple of twitters in isolation, this has been brewing for months and at the earliest opportunity Barton has tried to divide the dressing room. The only way to deal with it is to get him and any other resentful prick out of the club.

Especially since the reports coming out confirm that he's going to stay here to cause trouble only. Right from his initial sarcastic "welcome" to the arrival of Cabaye and now apparently targeting him for a tongue lashing his sabotage campaign should be apparent to even the most blinkered Ashley haters. Of course the c***'s being made to train alone, why would you allow him to spread his revenge inspired poison to the rest of the camp?

Where's this been confirmed?

How can you confirm reports? You can choose to believe whatever you want given what's out there.

Were Ashley or Lambias at the Leeds games?

There is no doubt Pards will say it was his decision to let Barton go, just wondering if it was Pards that told the twats in charge about Joey's actions in the dressing room at Leeds.

I guess what Fergie would or would not have done does not really matter.. whats done here is done, joey has made his bed, my concern is not so much losing Joey but being another squad member down.

If he cared he would not still be tweeting, maybe he should be trying to put things right, is he doing that? no he is not and in my opinion that is because he has got exactly what he wanted.

To let him anywhere near the squad now would be utterly pointless, he is bound to try and cause as much unrest as he can,. I am more interested is backing the players we have thats all that matters now.

What benefit has to had to any of the players keeping quiet about how bad things have been since Ashley took over ? There comes a point when people think they have to do something to force some sort of change. Not just for the good of themselves but also for the good of the team.

What good has came from it ?

Will Ashley now sell up? will fans booing Ashley (again) and singing for Barton have a positive effect on the squad?

He changed nothing apart from his personal circumstances, he told fans nothing they don't already know.

I am not saying the club have mad the right decision, I do not support Ashley in any way but I DO support NUFC and the players that will be here this season, as it stands now Joey Barton will not be one of those players.. thats all that matters to me.

We're one day into it anything could happen as yet, if he feels that helps him fair enough. If he's not telling fans stuff they already know how come so many are still saying oh it's all Bartons faults not Ashleys. Or people saying we should all just sit quiet and take what Ashley is giving us cause there is nothing else we can do. Well guess what that's shit and highly small minded.

All the references to 'you do this in your job on social media and see what happens' is a complete and utter joke as the general public are simply not assets. It's up the management of the club to ensure said assets remain happy, it's a basic f*cking thing for a club to do.

There was talk on here yesterday about the Rooney/Ferguson and how he fought to keep Rooney.

Ferguson is infamous for getting rid of players who wrong the club in some way. Big players, too. Beckham, Yorke, Stam etc. Even Schmeichel at one point. He'd have sold Barton years ago.

Yes, sold him, not let one of his best players go for free.

And got about £6. Ferguson would do what was best for the club and that would be getting rid of Barton, for free if he had to. He fought to keep Rooney because he's one of the only players who he knows he can't replace for a number of reasons.

Barton is a player we can't replace for a number of reasons, one being that the transfer window shuts in about a week and another being that there's no obvious replacement available who's in the bargain bin because they've got leprosy, they suffer from a rare medical condition where their feet have been replaced with hands, they're eleven years old, or they've fallen out with their club because of what they've said on twitter and are being allowed to leave on a free.  Wait, there is one player like that, in exactly the situation we'd normally be rubbing our hands about, unfortunately it's Barton himself.

We can replace Barton. He's had 1 good season in 4. As we've not tried to replace him so far, I'll wait and judge this particular replacement initiative on September 1st.

Yeah, we can replace him.  We could have replaced Carroll as well.  We could replace Enrique.  Unfortunately 'can' and 'will' are words which are very far apart at this club.

That is true. I do expect a few bids to be put in to replacements however.

Excellent, I can't wait to see our bid for Erdinc team up with our bid for Aaron Lennon.

Why the feck does everyone keep going on about its wrong to let him go on a free ?

He was leaving on a free anyway at the end of season, no contract being offered and no one wanted to buy him anyway, the teams are only interested in him as he for nothing, with everything thats happened it has got to be the right thing to part ways surely, for the sake of a couple million.

What you have to realise is people cannot look past their hatred for Ashley and Llambias in any single circumstance.

No matter what any individual does they will claim it is right as long as it is in opposition to Ashley.

Joey Barton and Willie McKay are clearly using this to their advantage in this situation.

I don't know when it became acceptable to rubbish your club and behave so badly because you don't think the owner is spending enough money, or giving contracts to your mates.

The owners have stated that this is how the club is going to be run. Support the team, and look forward to better days, whether that be a change in ownersip as some want, or a change in policy.

Interesting to note the window has a month to run still, but people have convinced themselves that no more players are coming in, and are being fueled by this rage.

What have Everton done this window? What of Villa? Did they not just get £36 million from the Downing and Young sales? Other than Zoggy, what?

Senseless behaviour.

Guest cr4igora

People need to find ways to justify the idea that Bartons turned into an animal again, so that they can delude themselves about our club actually being run really well as it'll make them feel a bit better. He spoke out on twitter, following Enrique? Forget Enrique, Bartons going to ruin morale !!

He was supposedly annoyed during a match we poor in v Leeds? There are definately no alternative responses if true, other than making him train alone. Pardew could not talk to him about it, he could not be fined, the situation could not be calmed in anyway using communication. No, we need punishment & to expand the situation further.

People who don't agree with what Barton has done are NOT CLAIMING THE CLUB IS BEING RUN WELL FFS!! That's nonsense. I don't like who runs our club, I don't like the LARGE majority of the decisions that have been made and I hate the lies we are fed. In this instance however, I believe we have done the right thing. It's just a shame we won't get a fee for him, when he leaves.

So the large amount of shock due to how this has been handled, doesnt suggest to you that there was any other way to deal with this situation?

You think this decision is the least likely to affect club morale (given the current viewable reaction of the players) & the one most likely to bring us success to Newcastle United?

Really ?

If Barton genuinely gave a s*** about the club and the morale of the team, he'd pipe the f*** down. He's out there to boost his own ego and he doesn't have the intelligence to realise what consequences his actions will cause.

Is how you're choosing to see it. Given his history as quite a driven & affected player, its perhaps more likely that he was talking out frustration given that we'd just lost to leeds & played pretty poorly.

His twitter comments would have been forgotten about in about 3 days & is no excuse for those in charge making a decision which would then affect the morale of the team in a much worse manner. Which is what you're trying to claim was the right thing to do.

But like I said in a few (million) posts back, his comments on Twitter were just an aggravation in all this if you ask me. His kicking-off in the dressing room at half-time against Leeds and the fact he is publicly telling Alan Pardew that he is making the wrong decision in letting someone else take corners/free kicks, is the issue that's caused all this.

The brass neck on Llambias just days after Nolan confirmed their handshake isn't worth a wank. :lol: :lol:

My thoughts exactly - in fact, at first I thought someone was taking the piss by paraphrasing Nolan's quote. Outrageous work from Llambias!

I think IF the club signed someone as a comparable/better player to replace JB I dont think there would be half as much of an up roar, as most of us now has 5% faith in the management of the club we all worry it will be the kids being asked (used as a reason to say we dont need a replacement) and leaving the squad down a player.

really ? I have 0% faith in the board or management of the club and not just because of Joey Barton. If the manager had decided that Barton wasn't needed and had bought in his replacement and then transfer listed Barton we wouldn't be talking about Newcastle United football club.

Latest Twitter update:

Joey7Barton

"Made to train alone today, how predictable........."

Oh dear.

I think a lot worse has gone on than we know about or are going to find out about. None of the sources on either side can really be trusted to tell the truth when we do hear their point of view anyway, but the decision to treat a player like this isn't made because of a few minor misdemeanours.

I'm sorry, but that's absolutely pathetic.

Damaging for the morale of the entire team, watching their sometimes Captain made to train alone.

Disgusting.

I might be even more damaging to let him train with them TBH. I don't know either way, but it's certainly possible.

Ashley's not being creative enough - if Barton really does have a problem with Cabaye (or Pardew, or anyone really), then having Joey train with the squad might precipitate another Dabo incident which would leave them free to tear up his contract with no compensation...

Guest cr4igora

Mike and Derek could kidnap Alan Shearer and Robert Lee, roll them up in a carpet and throw them off a bridge live on NUFCTV and some people would decide that it must have been justified, they were loose cannons and disruptive influences and they were s*** anyway.  It's like being in North Korea, anyone who is punished must have been a subversive traitor who hates the club and wants to destroy it from within.

That's it keep your head up your arse while Joey gleefully wrecks the dressing room by ranting at the new players who have replaced his best mate Nolan. When he signs for Spurs you can sing his his name when he turns up at St James on the bench. 

Ha ha ha!! Well said.

It shouldn't be too difficult to find a right midfielder/winger to replace Barton IMO. Getting rid saves £3-4m a year in wages, I think for that plus a couple of mill (Routledge) you'd find a more effective player on the wing.

If we got Barnetta as a direct replacement for Barton, would it be such a bad move?

Still think we could have got some money for him, or a swap.

I can also see his new team playing him centrally and again not doing so well, sure clubs won't be bringing him in as a makeshift right mid.

But like I said in a few (million) posts back, his comments on Twitter were just an aggravation in all this if you ask me. His kicking-off in the dressing room at half-time against Leeds and the fact he is publicly telling Alan Pardew that he is making the wrong decision in letting someone else take corners/free kicks, is the issue that's caused all this.

When did Barton publicly tell Pardew that he was making a wrong decision?

How can you confirm reports? You can choose to believe whatever you want given what's out there.

So it hasn't been coinfirmed, thanks.

No it hasn't been "coin"firmed if you are talking legal jargon. I'm not sure what coinfirmed even means unless you are writing with a New Jersey accent.