Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

The point is though, how many of those teams have sold 42M+ worth of players in the last 2 windows?

:lol:  no context Zaius, NO CONTEXT!!!

The transfer window hasn't shut yet though has it?

But have you seen the list of unhappy players?

Barton - mad c***, been in prison, disruptive, upset at not getting his own way on just about everything. Had one good season and still isn't worth what he's being paid by us.

Ranger - gangsta, poor trainer, upset he doesn't get starts, talent and attitude suggests he's not even deserving to come off the bench.

Enrique - gone back on his word about discussing a new deal, wants away, stringing us along, wants world class signings were not in the position to bring in.

Nolan - wanted wages and contract length way beyond his talent and physical ability.

Carroll - wanted a new deal months after signing a 5 year contract. Another one with trouble written through him like a stick of Blackpool rock. Officially handed in a transfer request.

Zoggy - took a huff at being called the wrong name, handed in a transfer request due to this. Thought he was good enough for arsenal, signed for Wigan.

Given - took his 5th or 6th huff of his Newcastle career, refused to play for the club and went for the money. Turned out well for him.

I'm not not on ash eye side btw, but I'm certainly not on joeys either, or any of those players I mentioned above. I'm on the side of Newcastle United, the middle ground where none of those mentioned and the board lie, and never will.

The players are a part of Newcastle United, more so than those who own the club.  I've never said anything about you being on Ashley's side and don't see anything to sggest that you are.  I just think the club has problems which will not leave with Barton, which seems to be the opinion of some people.

"42m worth" :lol: we've sold 20m worth, and that's being generous.  If you believe Carroll is worth 35m I've got a bridge you might be interested in. 

Not that "net spend" matters in the slightest.

Can you guarantee we won't be getting any more players?

This seems to be the root of a lot of anger on here, but ultimately there is a month of the window to run, and the fact is the majority of clubs have done nothing this window, because things haven'treally kicked off yet.

I just don't see the point of getting so wound up over signings at this stage. There's no denying we've done pretty well so far in terms of new players.

Let's see what happens.

The majority of Premiership clubs have bought players in, I would say that we are somewhere in the middle of the clubs who have and haven't.  Also, we'll only know if we've done well when players start producing on the pitch.

Sunderland 10

Norwich           7

Fulham           5

Bolton           4

Liverpool           4

Newcastle           4

Chelsea           3

Man City           3

Man Utd           3

QPR                   3

Swansea           3

West Brom   3

Wolves           3

Arsenal           2

Aston Villa           2

Blackburn           2

Stoke           2

Tottenham   1

Wigan           1

Everton           0

* Great formatting there btw.  :frantic:

The point is though, how many of those teams have sold 42M+ worth of players in the last 2 windows?

I wasn't trying to prove a point. Just posted an admittedly s*** table with the incoming transfers of each team.

Everton have sold 35 millions worth and only bought Zog.

I assume you mean Villa? They've bought Given too however and spent a fee rising to 24M on Darren Bent in January. Plus, it looks like they're still looking to bring in a few more, something I have doubts overus doing.

Another point is many of the clubs on that list will have to sell to buy, waiting on the right deal and looking to do business and identify targets right up untill August 31st. Whilst we've had 35M sat in our pockets for half a season with ample time to identify targets and areas that need strengthened. Something we've seemingly failed to do.

How many of you would have had Joey in your starting 11 if all players were fit?

I know I know strength in depth blah blah

As opposed to what? Just having 11 decent players? :lol: Don't worry, that'll be the case soon.

How many of you would have had Joey in your starting 11 if all players were fit?

As opposed to what? Just having 11 decent players? :lol: Don't worry, that'll be the case soon.

I seriously doubt Barton is the perfect player for a bench role. He is after all in his own mind the best English midfielder. But he's better than no-one that's for sure.

NOT what I was saying and you know it... of course we need strength in depth, we have suffered for to long not having it.

Its just this Barton was out best player stuff... so was wondering how many would start him if everyone was fit.

"42m worth" :lol: we've sold 20m worth, and that's being generous.  If you believe Carroll is worth 35m I've got a bridge you might be interested in. 

Not that "net spend" matters in the slightest.

I didnt sayCarroll was worth 35M, but regardless thats what we sold him for. Then when you add Nolan on for 4.5 and 2.5M for Routledge, it's looking like around the 42M mark for incoming transfer fee's to me like.

NOT what I was saying and you know it... of course we need strength in depth, we have suffered for to long not having it.

Its just this Barton was out best player stuff... so was wondering how many would start him if everyone was fit.

The 'blah blah' bit said differently, but ok, My bad.

He'd be in my current starting lineup, because I we don't have any better right sided midfielder in the squad IMO.

Probably been said, but it seems once again that Ashley not only has the local media in his pocket, but also some of the national media. The local media probably want to keep him sweet, so will watch what they say and I'd imagine that he has mate's in the national press who will look after him too. Didn't one of them used to write for the NotW? Either way, it's a sorry state of affairs when recent history is being revised to get Barton out of the door and also to get NUFC fans to turn against him. What a scummy club we currently support. Makes me ashamed to be a black and white at the moment. :( Even more so than when those knackers ran on the pitch at Darlington the other week - this is far worse.

And again, which quality players are going to come and play for an owner who will stab you in the back at the first available sign of dissent/opportunity?

Ben Arfa, cabaye, Ba, Marveaux?

DUH!

:doh:

Most of them unproven in the PL! Ba has onyl played 12 games, ffs. And if they joined on the promise of the club pushing on and showing ambition, what do you think will happen next year when hopefully we've managed to stay clear of relegation (which is looking likely)? They will be off quicker than s*** off a shovel.

Side point but every player in the entire league was 'unproven in the PL' as some point. Think people place too much on this.

There's always an excuse.

Their always injured and so they aren't good signings!

They're unporven in the league!

They're Frencch bottlers!

They don't have enough passion!

Boring.

Tend to agree with this, the lack of any optimism about our new signings is pretty depressing. Cabaye and Ben Arfa in particular I'm very happy about, and Ba is (shock horror) proven to be able to get goals at this level.

What a crock of shit. Go and have a look in those threads and come back when you've read the optimism about them. There's plenty.

The 'blah blah' bit said differently, but ok, My bad.

He'd be in my current starting lineup, because I we don't have any better right sided midfielder in the squad IMO.

:D

Wide right I think he lacks a lot, I know its to soon to say Marv will be okay in the Prem but if he is then Joey will be a bench player as in CM we have Tiote & Cabaye.

If Joey see's this as the way it will go, as stated above no way he will stay to be on the bench, being told not to take set pieces any more is enough to tip him over the edge.

Guest Craig-NUFC

I think a fair few people here fail to understand how the modern game of football works. Everyone's a wanker, there's no loyalty and everyone's in it for the £££. This is the same at every club, especially the clubs out of the top 4. We are no exception to the rule. There are also clubs out there in more bother than we are, yet their fans manage to get behind the team and the manager, and get on with supporting the club they love. I also don't understand why people are talking of Europe either. We've had one year back in the top flight, with the second year historically proving more difficult for clubs. I also fail to see which of the top 6 we could knock off their perch. Spurs are the only realistic target, but that's due to them being the only club without a ridiculous amount of money behind them. So yeah, what I'm essentially saying is that some people need to step back, look at other clubs in the Premier League, do a bit of research in to football over the last 10 years and then come back with a sensible, not over the top, dramatic post.

Guest BooBoo

The lack of backbone shown by Douglas and Ryder today is staggering. Both completely gloss over just why Barton (amid others) are so pissed off. No real addressing of the bigger issue here, which is the broken promises of investment is alienating players and fans.

Barton is obviously a difficult character to handle, but handle him well and he's the sort of player who is of massive benefit to the team both on and off the pitch. If you can handle that kind of player, you can get bargains in the transfer market and fashion a decent team on the cheap. It's not easy though, and not many clubs have been successful at it.

The problem is that our management team cannot handle difficult characters, that much is blindingly obvious. In fact it goes way beyond that, they can't even handle players who have always been model pros like Milner, Nolan, Enrique who have all eventually felt the need to come out and publicly criticise them. They are the antithesis of what is needed to make a system like that work.

The fact that we are actively targeting this kind of player - who have either let their contracts run down, left on contract loopholes, or are known to play up and cause trouble if they don't get their own way - is just so staggeringly short-sighted. It's just such a car crash waiting to happen, it's almost beyond belief that they are blind to the inevitability of it. I honestly can't decide whether they are just so stupid and arrogant that they don't see that they are a major part of the problem, or that they just don't really care and think that they will be able to make enough money selling on some of the players after a bit of exposure regardless, and the more the player acts up, the more those dumb supporters will feel the club's decision to sell them is justified.

The lack of backbone shown by Douglas and Ryder today is staggering. Both completely gloss over just why Barton (amid others) and so p*ssed off. No real addressing of the bigger issue here, which is the broken promises of investment is alienating players and fans.

Bit harsh. I think Douglas covered it more fairly and balanced than any other journo has.

But have you seen the list of unhappy players?

Barton - mad c***, been in prison, disruptive, upset at not getting his own way on just about everything. Had one good season and still isn't worth what he's being paid by us.

Ranger - gangsta, poor trainer, upset he doesn't get starts, talent and attitude suggests he's not even deserving to come off the bench.

Enrique - gone back on his word about discussing a new deal, wants away, stringing us along, wants world class signings were not in the position to bring in.

Nolan - wanted wages and contract length way beyond his talent and physical ability.

Carroll - wanted a new deal months after signing a 5 year contract. Another one with trouble written through him like a stick of Blackpool rock. Officially handed in a transfer request.

Zoggy - took a huff at being called the wrong name, handed in a transfer request due to this. Thought he was good enough for arsenal, signed for Wigan.

Given - took his 5th or 6th huff of his Newcastle career, refused to play for the club and went for the money. Turned out well for him.

I'm not not on ash eye side btw, but I'm certainly not on joeys either, or any of those players I mentioned above. I'm on the side of Newcastle United, the middle ground where none of those mentioned and the board lie, and never will.

The players are a part of Newcastle United, more so than those who own the club.  I've never said anything about you being on Ashley's side and don't see anything to sggest that you are.  I just think the club has problems which will not leave with Barton, which seems to be the opinion of some people.

I know you didn't, it was a disclaimer for others eying up this conversation, seems you have to claim everything these days on here if not expected to be labelled.

All the problems won't leave with Barton, but what will leave with him is the constant leak of things negative (and the problems he brings) and that in itself is a huge problem, the cracks, the signs of weakness, it spreads throughout the club, to the fans and we end up having no stability again. Things might not be right, there maybe and probably are many things wrong behind the scenes, but if you have an argument with wor lass you don't want the whole street to know, you don't go running telling everyone on Facebook, and when you see someone else doing it you think what a pathetic cunt.

I wonder how many in house problems have surfaced in the public eye at manu? I wonder how many were sorted internally, the right way, and how many blew over due to this. Andy Carroll broke Steven Taylors jaw ffs, did he whinge? Did he write bad words on twitter or FB Condemning the club for supporting Carroll and keeping it in house? We are talking about assault here, not just ambition and wages, Barton has fuk all to whinge about tbh and even though this morning I woke up shocked to this news, as it's gone on I really can't wait to be rid of him - I see right through him.

Footballers ego's are huge how would they react to Barton slating them?

Joey is like one of those lads most people know one, the type that are uneasy to be around, everyone will crack onto them have a laugh, humour them but as soon as they leave everyone breathes a sigh of relief.

Can you guarantee we won't be getting any more players?

This seems to be the root of a lot of anger on here, but ultimately there is a month of the window to run, and the fact is the majority of clubs have done nothing this window, because things haven'treally kicked off yet.

I just don't see the point of getting so wound up over signings at this stage. There's no denying we've done pretty well so far in terms of new players.

Let's see what happens.

The majority of Premiership clubs have bought players in, I would say that we are somewhere in the middle of the clubs who have and haven't.  Also, we'll only know if we've done well when players start producing on the pitch.

Sunderland 10

Norwich          7

Fulham          5

Bolton          4

Liverpool          4

Newcastle          4

Chelsea          3

Man City          3

Man Utd          3

QPR                  3

Swansea          3

West Brom  3

Wolves          3

Arsenal          2

Aston Villa          2

Blackburn          2

Stoke          2

Tottenham  1

Wigan          1

Everton          0

* Great formatting there btw.  :frantic:

Depressing stuff, ey?

Barton is obviously a difficult character to handle, but handle him well and he's the sort of player who is of massive benefit to the team both on and off the pitch. If you can handle that kind of player, you can get bargains in the transfer market and fashion a decent team on the cheap. It's not easy though, and not many clubs have been successful at it.

The problem is that our management team cannot handle difficult characters, that much is blindingly obvious. In fact it goes way beyond that, they can't even handle players who have always been model pros like Milner, Nolan, Enrique who have all eventually felt the need to come out and publicly criticise them. They are the antithesis of what is needed to make a system like that work.

The fact that we are actively targeting this kind of player - who have either let their contracts run down, left on contract loopholes, or are known to play up and cause trouble if they don't get their own way - is just so staggeringly short-sighted. It's just such a car crash waiting to happen, it's almost beyond belief that they are blind to the inevitability of it. I honestly can't decide whether they are just so stupid and arrogant that they don't see that they are a major part of the problem, or that they just don't really care and think that they will be able to make enough money selling on some of the players after a bit of exposure regardless, and the more the player acts up, the more those dumb supporters will feel the club's decision to sell them is justified.

:sadnod: