Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think it's pretty clear Barton wants to play and Pardew wants to play him. Just a question of whether or not he's allowed as pathetic as that sounds.

I think Pardew would like to play him but he wants Barton to be 100% committed to what's going on at Newcastle this season and he's waiting to get that reassurance from him. That's what he's said in interviews in any case.

Barton's far more committed to and interested in the success of NUFC than Pardew is, I know that much. Like his boss, he couldn't give a shit as long as it doesn't cost too much.

If you're right he'll clear that up with Pardew and play tomorrow. If he can't do that then he's not much use to us and he'll just have to wait until the NUST/Russian/Arab billionaires buy the club and hand him and his mates bumper new contracts.

What a crock of shit that is wullie.fucking hell

Pardew's remit is to reduce costs. That's it.

I'm surprised he even bothers turning up for training then, he could do that at home with a calculator and a list of player's salaries.

Why would Pardew care about our costs?

That rumour about him getting bonuses based on our finances probably peaked his interest.

Is that rumour actually based on anything you can pin down or is it just another opportunity to get the boot in?

He's full of it man. He think AP doesn't care about being successfull in his own career as long as if keeps Mike happy. Fuck me.  And says Joey cares more, the same Joey who confirmed a month ago he was happy to run down his contract and piss off in a year. Give your head a shake wullie

Golfmag who had Pardew as next manager as early as October said..

A very specific part of Pardew's written remit is to reduce costs and the debt, to make it easier for MA to sell the club. Look at everything he says in this context.

I think the majority of the original posts have been deleted though.

That rumour about him getting bonuses based on our finances probably peaked his interest.

Is that rumour actually based on anything you can pin down or is it just another opportunity to get the boot in?

A very specific part of Pardew's written remit is to reduce costs and the debt, to make it easier for MA to sell the club. Look at everything he says in this context.

But Wullie said "Pardew's remit is to reduce costs. That's it."

That suggests Pardew's only job is to reduce costs and the management side is immaterial. It's misleading in any case. Randy Lerner asked Martin O'Neill to reduce costs, does that mean Lerner's a cunt now? I know brummie didn't come down on MON's side when he flounced off in a huff.

How does that prove he's on bonuses to get the costs down?

its the bonuses thing that rankles me, i've said it before and I'll say it again, there is no logic to thinking Ashley would give Pardew a bonus for keeping costs down when it has fuck all to do with him, we know Pardew has little to no say in transfers so why would they pay him for something they are perfectly capable of doing themselves

Because Golfmag either has some good knowledge of the inner workings of NUFC, or he's fucking psychic. Either way..

Because Golfmag either has some good knowledge of the inner workings of NUFC, or he's fucking psychic. Either way..

Golfmag never said Pardew would get bonuses for getting the costs down, he said it was part of his remit as a manager. There's a massive difference.

Because Golfmag either has some good knowledge of the inner workings of NUFC, or he's f***ing psychic. Either way..

Golfmag never said Pardew would get bonuses for getting the costs down, he said it was part of his remit as a manager. There's a massive difference.

I'm pretty confident golfmag said it was tied into his pay in some way.