Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Losing Barton and not finding a suitable replacement means relegation.

His wages obviously we could do without and he's still clearly a liability, but there's no way we could get someone with his talent for whatever fee we get for him IMO. It's not like we'll be spending additional money on a superior replacement.

It's just typical to think of him being here all this time doing fuck all and then as soon as he starts earning his wages, we sell him. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Looking at Pardews West Ham signings/sales its clear he was mostly bringing in short term fixes and selling anything worth a few quid. Hardly a shock to see why Ashley found him a perfect choice.

The rumours about Hughton being too close to the high earners looks like it could be true. Smith, Nolan, Barton & Colo only have a few weeks left until they are out the door. Along with jose, guti and possibly Carrol 

FYP

The rumours about Hughton being too close to the high earners looks like it could be true. Smith, Nolan, Barton & Colo could be out the door.

And all team spirit with it...................

Don't need team spirit, Massive bonuses are the way forward

The rumours about Hughton being too close to the high earners looks like it could be true. Smith, Nolan, Barton & Colo only have a few weeks left until they are out the door. Along with jose, guti and possibly Carrol 

FYP

TBF, only Jose Enrique and Andy Carroll are irreplaceable, the rest of them can go at the right price. Obviously there are some you'd like to keep but for example rumours suggest Liverpool are after Jonas for £8m... :lol:..who wouldn't take that?

Now could be a good time for a fire-sale.

Some seriously funny over-reactions on here. We turn down an enquiry, so that means we're going to sell him? :lol: I know people are generally a little down at the moment but everyone seems to be looking for things that aren't there. Start worrying if we accept an offer.

Some seriously funny over-reactions on here. We turn down an enquiry, so that means we're going to sell him? :lol: I know people are generally a little down at the moment but everyone seems to be looking for things that aren't there. Start worrying if we accept an offer.

:thup:

I do think we'll sell him though. :laugh:

To replace Barton you in effect need a new central midfielder and a new right sided midfielder. The thought of going half a season knowing Routledge, Guthrie and/or Smith will get plenty of game time is depressing.

Depends on how Pardew sets up his team really. Don't think Guthrie is finished here either while Routledge could shine again for a bit under a new manager.

FYP

TBF, only Jose Enrique and Andy Carroll are irreplaceable, the rest of them can go at the right price. Obviously there are some you'd like to keep but for example rumours suggest Liverpool are after Jonas for £8m... :lol:..who wouldn't take that?

Now could be a good time for a fire-sale.

Shake your heed man, we wouldn't be where we are without these players they have got us here not ashley or pardrew.

We have a super thin squad and people are happy to see ?millions feed into ashley and not the squad from outgoing sales

Do you think we will spend 50% of the money we get from sales ?

:thup:

I do think we'll sell him though. :laugh:

So do I and I think we'd be right to sell him for the right price. Troubled lad with massive amounts of baggage, has had one half of a decent season since joining us, nearing the end of his contract while his age not being great and being on a reported £3m a year, makes sense to me.

We need him right now but long term I think we could do better for what we pay him in all honesty.