Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Love how folk think Gosling can fill his boots when the lad has played about ten minutes of competitive football for us.

Guthrie filled his boots well enough in the Championship when Barton was missing for half a season. We do have Tiote and Cabaye in the middle as well so it's not like we are light in midfield.

Just shut up, man. :lol:

Barton hasn't done great in central midifeld, which is why he's been moved wide right for a while now. He's not been great wide right either since Carroll left. Don't think about it too hard.

I don't have to, mate. I'm fortunate enough to own a pair of eyes.

Aye well them specs need a stronger prescription.

Guest palnese

Just cannot see the logic in going to QPR at all.

Long-term security.

Aye, same as Nolan. Barton's got a kid on the way as well.

Barton said he was looking for long term security when he asked for his new deal but surely a move to QPR is the exact opposite of that, yes they may give him a long term contract but come May he may find himself a championship player. The fact no other team seems to have made him a concrete offer seems to show he's going for the same things as Nolan. Surely if he stayed for a season here and played which he would do, he may have better offers and even more money on the table come when his contract expires.

Barton said he was looking for long term security when he asked for his new deal but surely a move to QPR is the exact opposite of that, yes they may give him a long term contract but come May he may find himself a championship player. The fact no other team seems to have made him a concrete offer seems to show he's going for the same things as Nolan. Surely if he stayed for a season here and played which he would do, he may have better offers and even more money on the table come when his contract expires.

This is what I would have thought as well, tbh. Unless he actually wants out asap.

The thought of Joey Barton and Neil Warnock being in the same dressing room. :lol: :lol:

Oh, that's a great thought. :lol:

Bound to take a swing at Taarabt at some point too.

Wouldn't hold it against him tbh.

Anyone who thinks we won't miss this player on the pitch AND in the dressing room is off his/her rocker. The fact we're giving him away is beyond belief but actually the least of the problems with this. I wonder where our wage bill will be after Barton's gone? Probably if not for Smith and Colo (who will be the next big name sold no doubt), in the bottom six of the league. Which is where we're going to end up if we keep chucking players out and not replacing them properly. If he leaves this window, we're a left back, striker AND a good midfielder down, 7 days to replace all 3  :no:

Well duh, of course he's given PERMISSION to speak. Doesn't mean he'll be insane enough to go there. I'm not worried.

I wouldn't be worried if he did, he's been distinctly average for quite a few games now and his free kicks are crap.  Rather keep him but he's not a player I'd be gutted to see leave.

This "long term security for my family" stuff that Nolan and others go on about is wonderful!!! They get about £3million a year man - how "secure" do they want to be - how the hell do the rest of us survive? Real  world scenario needed again. Fair enough if they just said more money or longer contract = more attractive job, but, please, save us the "kids / family security" stuff. 

If everyone loved loveable Joey like the Newcastle fanboys do then he wouldn't be short of offers, but the only high profile clubs who could afford Barton's wages can buy better players. Hence the awful reality sinks in that only the likes of West Ham and QPR will be interested. Tough to take for some but I predicted it months ago.  

Guest reefatoon

Just cannot see the logic in going to QPR at all.

Long-term security.

I hate this "long term Security" that these greedy bastard millionaire footballers throw around.  Security, what a load of shit.  They are set for life before they even hit there mid twenties, it has nothing to do with long term security and all to do with down right greed.  The typical culture of the modern day footballer.

Anyone who thinks we won't miss this player on the pitch AND in the dressing room is off his/her rocker. The fact we're giving him away is beyond belief but actually the least of the problems with this. I wonder where our wage bill will be after Barton's gone? Probably if not for Smith and Colo (who will be the next big name sold no doubt), in the bottom six of the league. Which is where we're going to end up if we keep chucking players out and not replacing them properly. If he leaves this window, we're a left back, striker AND a good midfielder down, 7 days to replace all 3  :no:

:thup: worrying

Well duh, of course he's given PERMISSION to speak. Doesn't mean he'll be insane enough to go there. I'm not worried.

I wouldn't be worried if he did, he's been distinctly average for quite a few games now and his free kicks are crap.

Do you think that maybe part of the reason he's been arguably below par (not sure I agree but it's certainly debatable) is because of the way this club's idiot hierarchy have treated him? That perhaps morale is more of a problem than the ability which he showed for large parts of last year?

davidsedgwickNE David Sedgwick

spoken to Barton, says he's talking to QPR as #NUFC dont want him so he has to go somewhere. He's on train with SSN's David Craig

Hmm. Is he real?

worrying, who the fuck is sedgwick?

Guest Haris Vuckic

davidsedgwickNE David Sedgwick

spoken to Barton, says he's talking to QPR as #NUFC dont want him so he has to go somewhere. He's on train with SSN's David Craig

Hmm. Is he real?

worrying, who the f*** is sedgwick?

Is that not the owl off Harry Potter?