Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

No chance of us getting relegated, absolutely ridiculous statement

I was more optimistic than most after we were promoted about our chances in the PL.

That was because we had players with quality and character, who genuinly cared about the football club.

Over-reaction central here.

Obviously you guys don't watch other games of football, there are at least 5 teams worse than us even if we sell Joey and don't sign a LB or a striker.

Yey! 15th place! :lol:

:kinnear:

We won't finish 15th either. It will be somewhere similar to last season, as a second season up that's a good achievement.

Obviously you guys don't watch other games of football, there are at least 5 teams worse than us even if we sell Joey and don't sign a LB or a striker.

wow, nice one , let's get rid of all your 1st team players, there are worse teams in the league, we'll be fine. how shit is that theory

Saying Barton has been "nothing but trouble" is pretty hysterical tbf

One good season

2/3 others full of controversy

?

Is that all you do spout s*** ?

Whats your take on the situation brains?

For the the past troubles from Mr Barton, he without a doubt has been very very important to us in the last 2 seasons.

Yeah the guy has a mouth and says more than he should, but we all know somebody like that.

Saying he has been nothing but trouble is a massive overstament.

People have a short memory, Bellamany was a little gobshite as well and caused more trouble than barton.

Look how that turned out for us

Really

Carries to much baggage, that is why he left man city, hasn't been near the England squad even when in good form, and one of the reasons no top club is in for him. QPR is the only club to show an interest which sums the situation up. Good player with a lot of baggage who is replacable.

His baggage is hardly a burden on us now though. And we'll not replace him on a free thats for sure.

Really so his Twitter statements aren't an issue then? Or the controversy in the arsenal game where his actions got the club fined?

If he does sign for them I am really looking forward to his tweets regarding our club

Yey! 15th place! :lol:

:kinnear:

We won't finish 15th either. It will be somewhere similar to last season, as a second season up that's a good achievement.

No.

I agree with most sentiments that Joey is replaceable, despite being an average player who is probably more influential in attitude than ability.

Problem is, we won't replace him.

So I don't get how anyone could see this as a positive, IMO

wow, nice one , let's get rid of all your 1st team players, there are worse teams in the league, we'll be fine. how s*** is that theory

I don't think Shearmagic is making the claim it's a policy we should be upholding, simply he's making the point that it's close to inconceivable we'd get relegated. If you take a look at the players in our squad and measure them up against the other teams in the PL we should be between 8th-12. My bet for the season is 8th.

One other point, don't mean to have a dig here but Tax, why do just use the word 'no' so often in replies. I fail to see what the point is as it's almost always ambiguous the point you're making

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he was offered 100k a week as he is on a free.

Fernandes is trying to make a huge statement down there

"Barton is on £52,000 a week but QPR's new owner Tony Fernandes, who today cut the club's ticket prices, is ready to offer a four-year deal worth £60,000 a week."

Probably closer to the reality.

wow, nice one , let's get rid of all your 1st team players, there are worse teams in the league, we'll be fine. how s*** is that theory

I don't think Shearmagic is making the claim it's a policy we should be upholding, simply he's making the point that it's close to inconceivable we'd get relegated. If you take a look at the players in our squad and measure them up against the other teams in the PL we should be between 8th-12. My best for the season is 8th

If you look at the players (and manager!) we had exactly 3 years ago, then we should have finished the season top 7 probably - not relegated.

Really

Carries to much baggage, that is why he left man city, hasn't been near the England squad even when in good form, and one of the reasons no top club is in for him. QPR is the only club to show an interest which sums the situation up. Good player with a lot of baggage who is replacable.

His baggage is hardly a burden on us now though. And we'll not replace him on a free thats for sure.

Really so his Twitter statements aren't an issue then? Or the controversy in the arsenal game where his actions got the club fined?

If he does sign for them I am really looking forward to his tweets regarding our club

His twitter statements were hardly damaging to the club, Mike Ashley's stupid idea of transfer listing him for free however is. And the club was fined (did we win the appeal or not?) because other players got involved, not because Joey Barton picked a player up by his shirt.

It's a bit shady when folk are slamming him for a yellow card offence during a game like.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Saying Barton has been "nothing but trouble" is pretty hysterical tbf

One good season

2/3 others full of controversy

?

Is that all you do spout s*** ?

Whats your take on the situation brains?

For the the past troubles from Mr Barton, he without a doubt has been very very important to us in the last 2 seasons. Wrong, only one good season

Yeah the guy has a mouth and says more than he should, but we all know somebody like that.Does that make it right then. Bellamy is a good example, look whats happened to him

Saying he has been nothing but trouble is a massive overstament. I completely stand by it. Hes been here 4 years and only give us 1 good year. He has caused more trouble than the rest of the players at NUFC put together in his time there

People have a short memory, Bellamany was a little gobshite as well and caused more trouble than barton. What is he doing now, Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea. No. Cant get a game

Look how that turned out for us

still cannot get over how ridiculously stupid and petty it is to actively try and give away a first team player for free.

Incredible when you think about it.

It's like a fucking Stalinist purge here.

Guest sicko2ndbest

David Craig isn't convinced Joey wants to leave.

Shock

He loves it here and the fans, including me, love him to.

He has burned his bridges and has no future past this season as the owner hates him

What can he do?

If Barton moves to QPR, he is just as bad as Nolan. Moaning on about lack of ambition then showing a complete lack of ambition themselves.

I am sure someone will argue how West Ham and QPR are showing ambition offering ridiculous contracts.

Jeremain lens would be a good replacement

We will probably sign Geremi, though.

AP: "He's a player, like Joey, with a good right foot, very good delivery on him, good a set pieces and, most importantly, he knows this club inside-out, having been captain here. We're very happy to have got him."