Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Mantis

Yes but so far we haven't lost in competitive fixtures this season though

We didn't lose at home to Arsenal and away to Sunderland last season either.

No but arsenal weren't 4 up by half time either. Point being we have so far stopped the yo yo results

And we have nothing to offer forward.

Have you looked at the league table? Stop thinking we should be the Harlem globe trotters and look at the fact that so far this season we are yet to lose. Arsenal are worse off.

Short term view.  It's about where we'll be a few months after  the  transfer window when the bench is loaded  with teenagers.

Man Utd don't look too bad.

Yes, but Fergie doesn't sell the promising ones at the first club waving a chequebook.  Ridiculous comparison.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/26/joey-barton-qpr-newcastle

Although Alan Pardew, Newcastle's manager, had said he "would welcome" Barton back and "look after him", it is understood that the St James' Park board never contemplated offering him the contract extension he craved and were delighted to learn that he had boarded a Kings Cross-bound train on Wednesday.

Delighted. :laugh:

FWIW she also reckons Carr has been tasked with finding a replacement, can't see it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/26/joey-barton-qpr-newcastle

Although Alan Pardew, Newcastle's manager, had said he "would welcome" Barton back and "look after him", it is understood that the St James' Park board never contemplated offering him the contract extension he craved and were delighted to learn that he had boarded a Kings Cross-bound train on Wednesday.

Delighted. :laugh:

FWIW she also reckons Carr has been tasked with finding a replacement, can't see it.

Whey, imagine the expense of a taxi or Mikes helicopter.

Yes but so far we haven't lost in competitive fixtures this season though

We didn't lose at home to Arsenal and away to Sunderland last season either.

No but arsenal weren't 4 up by half time either. Point being we have so far stopped the yo yo results

And we have nothing to offer forward.

Have you looked at the league table? Stop thinking we should be the Harlem globe trotters and look at the fact that so far this season we are yet to lose. Arsenal are worse off.

Short term view.  It's about where we'll be a few months after  the  transfer window when the bench is loaded  with teenagers.

Man Utd don't look too bad.

Yes, but Fergie doesn't sell the promising ones at the first club waving a chequebook.  Ridiculous comparison.

Rossi and pique are bad examples then?

Disappointed he has went BUT I can understand his reasons for going

I fail to see how anyone can be happy with this (well aside from Fat Mike and his ego) because he is a good player and our team is now weaker as a result of this, the chances of getting a replacement are next to nothing

I feel sorry for him tbh. Hope he gets a good reception when he's back at SJP.

Why?

He is clever enough to know there would be consequences from his tweets.

He didn't have to leave.

He has just got a pay rise on an already large contract.

No reason at all to feel sorry for him. Any of us "normal" people had done the same thing we would be out of a job and struggling to find a new one, let alone a better paid one.

Don't feel sorry for him at all. He's just signed a contract that guarantees him over £15m over the next 4 years. In his time here he managed to bank another £11m or so too. He's a multi-millionaire and could have done anything he wanted and still been financially secure.

My concern is simply about replacing him. He's not our player or problem any more and I must admit that I'm glad we don't have the whole circus/baggage any more.

Sounds like Barton was waiting for a last minute contract offer from us judging by his interview.

He must be fucking dense then. He had a good offer, knocked it back and has since been taking potshots at his employers in various ways. Not the best way to get a contract from them is it?

I'd be pretty pissed off watching that as a QPR fan. :lol:

Whether you believe he's being sincere or not, he's certainly making it look like he wanted to stay here, didn't particularly want to go there, and truly believes our board are complete cunts.