Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest bimpy474

Wasn't it shares rather than cash?

Surely they can cash them in though or they might as well have been given £40,000 pounds worth of air...:D

They can but not for two years.

Ahhhh well thats not too bad.

Wasn't it shares rather than cash?

Surely they can cash them in though or they might as well have been given £40,000 pounds worth of air...:D

They can but not for two years.

standard I think for any company that give shares as a bonus

It's no wonder he goes on to be fair when he gets plenty of stick of people who were just a few Months ago worshipping him, I know I'd want to let easily swayed simpletons know the truth.

He's spot on about Llambias though, the way he's used the death of Gary Speed to curry favour against Barton is deplorable, if not unexpected.

It's no wonder he goes on to be fair when he gets plenty of stick of people who were just a few Months ago worshipping him, I know I'd want to let easily swayed simpletons know the truth.

He's spot on about Llambias though, the way he's used the death of Gary Speed to curry favour against Barton is deplorable, if not unexpected.

So you haven't just done the same thing but against lambias?

Guest hobshobs

Good post. Too many on here with double standards.

Good post. Too many on here with double standards.

Thought it was shite personally.

Guest bengenufc

Llambias has a good point to be fair Barton should be greatfull he is still playing football and is not working for sports direct putting out bargain bucket slazenger polo's

It's no coincidence that I got sold — or rather I got given away. Andy Carroll was sold, Kevin Nolan was sold and Alan Smith has been told he's training with the reserves for the rest of his days.

Yes Joey, that's the reason Alan Smith doesn't get in the team.  :rolleyes:

It's more bollocks from Joey anyway. Smith has not been consigned to the reserves to rot.

/not that there'd be much wrong with that. :hmm:

//I jest, Smith seems a decent enough lad. :thup:

He's just making the point that now is not the time for Barton to be spouting his crap. Which is right.

Hours after the news was broken on Speed's death Barton was bleating on about the wrongs of suicide. The lad has no decency.

He needs to wait his turn.

Spot on

Aye, I don't think he means wrong tbf like, he just seems to want to have his opinion known about fucking everything. His twitter was ammusing at first, it's started to get a bit daft now like, and after that suicide shite he should probably just delete it.

Take his own advice and write a blog, hopefully that way he'll give himself some time to think before instantly posting some shite (which is what twitter promotes tbh).

Guest magpie99

Rather than listen to this idiot spout poison about the club all over the net, I would prefer to look at how the club has progressed thnis year without the so called influence of the famous 4 behind the scenes.

Lets be honest here:

Would we rather have Nolan or Cabaye?

Barton or Obertan

Ba or Carroll

Smith or Tiote

Krul or Harper

The club is heading upwards and several more astute signings while keeping hold of our best players will see us challenge the top 4 consistently.

I think Barton is well and truly miffed because he has lost any influence at a club he is ever likely to have.

Like him or loathe him, DL is right. Barton is history and he should stick to commenting on his current club.

However, I would certainly buy his book if he was ever brav e enough to truthfully tell all. I doubt he will though.

It looks like Joey feels that Ashley has got one over on him, by running him out of the club and seeing the team thrive in his absence. He seems determined to keep the feud going when he should have moved on like everyone else. Deep down, Joey seems to take it as a public defeat which has to be turned round, but the reality is that it's over and he should concentrate on the battles he's got now.

It looks like Joey feels that Ashley has got one over on him, by running him out of the club and seeing the team thrive in his absence. He seems determined to keep the feud going when he should have moved on like everyone else. Deep down, Joey seems to take it as a public defeat which has to be turned round, but the reality is that it's over and he should concentrate on the battles he's got now.

Bit of a bizarre conclusion to come to, he seems to be headstrong, stubborn and a man of his principles, whatever he believes is right he'll stick to, right or wrong and I think that's why he left (as he says). All he did was answer questions put to him by a QPR fanzine, which have then been brought into the public domain by journalists and debated by people who don't care about him and think he's boring, who needs to move on again?

“It’s all about power and control.

They are running the football club and it’s going really well for them at the minute but that’s more a testament to the players and the fans, and also the manager (Alan Pardew). The manager has been different class.

He continued: “At Newcastle I couldn’t take to the pitch and lie to the fans and be a part of it. You are doing it for yourself, the fans and the football club but if you fundamentally despise everything that the owners stand for it is very difficult.

"I am a man of principles, I am a very principled individual and for me taking money off fans and taking the p*** out of them is not what I am about.”

I still don't see how he was forced out, he was starting games when he left, if he refused to sign for QPR I have little doubt he would be starting them now. He went as far as saying they can't get rid and he will see out his contract. Amazing what a long term contract with a massive wage can do to the moralistic.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Llambias has valid points about the bad timing of Joey's latest rants, but by making them he does the same thing he's accused Barton of doing. If he had to speak out (and we've complained enough that he rarely pipes up) then he could have said "the club don't want to be drawn into a prolonged debate with Joey, especially at this sad time" rather than dragging Gary Speed's name into their petty squabble.

Bit of a bizarre conclusion to come to, he seems to be headstrong, stubborn and a man of his principles, whatever he believes is right he'll stick to, right or wrong and I think that's why he left (as he says). All he did was answer questions put to him by a QPR fanzine, which have then been brought into the public domain by journalists and debated by people who don't care about him and think he's boring, who needs to move on again?

“It’s all about power and control.

They are running the football club and it’s going really well for them at the minute but that’s more a testament to the players and the fans, and also the manager (Alan Pardew). The manager has been different class.

He continued: “At Newcastle I couldn’t take to the pitch and lie to the fans and be a part of it. You are doing it for yourself, the fans and the football club but if you fundamentally despise everything that the owners stand for it is very difficult.

"I am a man of principles, I am a very principled individual and for me taking money off fans and taking the p*** out of them is not what I am about.”

That implies that the current squad are somehow taking the p (sorry i can't post that as i'm at work) out of the fans. Sorry, but there hasn't been a newcastle side in recent memory who have "taken the p" less!

I don't mind Joey, I think the game would be poorer without personalities like him, but he's coming across like a bit of a twat. The bloke is having a whinge about the fact he wasn't paid when he was in jail and that the club played funny buggers over the bonus structure. Sorry, but I struggle to sympathise with him when his basic wage at Newcastle United was somewhere between £60,000 and £80,000 per week.

Llambias didn't need to mention Speed but apart from that there isn't much wrong with what he has said. He's still a loathsome fucker mind.

Guest Roger Kint

I still don't see how he was forced out, he was starting games when he left, if he refused to sign for QPR I have little doubt he would be starting them now. He went as far as saying they can't get rid and he will see out his contract. Amazing what a long term contract with a massive wage can do to the moralistic.

Plus it was himself who broke off contract talks in the first place. Like it or not the decision to start shit on twitter caused most of his problems, probably thought he was untouchable here as he does on there now..

Guest TheSummerOf69

Barton: "I've been able to smash down any pre-conceived ideas people had about me. Everyone thought I was this Neanderthal, caveman type that just rolled out of nightclubs beating people up.

"And there was an element of my character that conformed to that. But also there were a lot of different layers below that."

Yep. Below his public image as a violent bully, he's also insensitive, snobby, self obsessed and petty!