Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is the sort of thread bumping that Pardew's management has led to. I fully expect a Nolan thread to be bumped if we lose next week.

Things Pardew is to blame for, No. 498: Bumping of threads on Internet forum.

I was going to leave this but then I thought, fuck it...it is the daft cunt's fault. Only this prick could have made our current squad look so inept that people are dredging up mediocre former players who were moved on to clubs like Reading.

I'd 100% have him in ahead of Tiote at the moment, definitely not ahead of Sissoko though, that's absolutely barking.

As for the other two, it would depend on the opposition and venue of the game. I'd rather see Perch in an away game than Guthrie, for example.

I'd 100% have him in ahead of Tiote at the moment, definitely not ahead of Sissoko though, that's absolutely barking.

As for the other two, it would depend on the opposition and venue of the game. I'd rather see Perch in an away game than Guthrie, for example.

Guthrie ran the show away to Stoke last season, the sort of game people like to see Tiote play in.

Guthrie ran the show away to Stoke last season, the sort of game people like to see Tiote play in.

That was more an exception than the rule though. Away games generally require a bit more 'digging in' in midfield and Guthrie usually looked plugged after about an hour or so. I'm still haunted by his non-performance at WBA in Hughton's last game.

Yes, because obviously Guthrie would have been completely immune to the drop in form that's afflicted just about everyone this season.

Yeah, although I do agree that Guthrie would have had his uses I don't know what the fuck anyone would be expecting from him in this years side? He would more than likely be as shit, if not worse as/than the rest of them.

I don't think I've seen a player decline so much in our colours in such a short period as Tiote has over the last 12 months. He's gone from being our key player and midfield anchor to being an absolute fucking joke and a liability. It's such a shame.

Would happily see him in the side ahead of Anita, Perch, Tiote and even Sissoko at the moment.

Utter rubbish. Even some blokes around me have started saying they wished we'd kept hold of him, I just shake me head in utter disbelief. If the players we have at the moment are playing as bad as they are I'd hate to see how bad Guthrie would be, he's a championship player at best and not even a very good one at that!

I don't think I've seen a player decline so much in our colours in such a short period as Tiote has over the last 12 months. He's gone from being our key player and midfield anchor to being an absolute fucking joke and a liability. It's such a shame.

Or he's just returned to his more regular form. I'm guessing there was a reason he was a bit part player in the Dutch league.

His seeming lack of any intelligence doesn't help this mind as a cleverer player wouldn't have allowed this to happen so drastically.

I'm just saying there's no way you can say a our outgoing players would have performed to the same quality this season as they have in the past, especially when they weren't exactly tearing up trees in the first place.

I think Guthrie's presence in the squad may have benefited us, aye, but I don't know if he would have done a better job than Anita, Perch & Tiote. The entire team hasn't looked right.

Or he's just returned to his more regular form. I'm guessing there was a reason he was a bit part player in the Dutch league.

For Twente, no less. You wouldn't want him in a team with any real ambition to play positive football, like.

Would happily see him in the side ahead of Anita, Perch, Tiote and even Sissoko at the moment.

Utter rubbish. Even some blokes around me have started saying they wished we'd kept hold of him, I just shake me head in utter disbelief. If the players we have at the moment are playing as bad as they are I'd hate to see how bad Guthrie would be, he's a championship player at best and not even a very good one at that!

Well this is just plain wrong. He'd comfortably be one of the best ball distributors in the club (as he previously were), probably only behind Cabaye. He also brings some attacking play to the table, as well as corners/free kicks. Not a very good Championship player :lol:

Well this is just plain wrong. He'd comfortably be one of the best ball distributors in the club (as he previously were), probably only behind Cabaye. He also brings some attacking play to the table, as well as corners/free kicks. Not a very good Championship player :lol:

Personal opinion but I just didn't rate him at all. Maybe being a tad unkind saying he wouldn't be a very good championship player to be honest, however nothing more than that!

Guest firetotheworks

I do get the feeling that if our players have looked poor this season, then Guthrie would too, but I always appreciated what he could bring. He had his faults, but at the very least he would have been able to take a reasonable corner.

Him moving to the middle and Routledge coming in on the right in our promotion season was the reason we absolutely walked it at the end. I don't think he's a starter in the Premier League, but we're in a shit position where he would have been needed. He'd certainly have played more for us than he has for Reading.

Guest neesy111

I know a Reading season ticket holder who has said that Guthrie is the worst player he's seen playing for the club.  Obviously a bit of hyperbole but he's a sensible guy so I presume Guthrie has not been up to much at Reading.

I think he had fitness issues when he 1st went there, Brian M alluded to it in an interview so could stem from that.

Ialso remember Guthrie about two or three seasons back single handedly losing us a game at West Brom, after that game I never wanted to see that guy in a NUFC shirt again. People have very short and selective memories when the argument suits them to.

Guest Phil K

I also remember Guthrie about two or three seasons back single handedly losing us a game at West Brom, after that game I never wanted to see that guy in a NUFC shirt again. People have very short and selective memories when the argument suits them to.

Surely that applies to almost every player. A striker missing loads of chances, I mean - many on here have slagged off Cisse for God's sake, even though he seems to be our only goalscorer - or a midfielder or defender having a nightmare. I have seen Guthrie have great games. He doesn't seem to have done owt at Reading though