Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cant get over the pathetic sight of him falling on his arse and waiting a full couple of minutes for a stretcher to come on and carry him off during the shameful second goal capitulation on Sunday.

That gutless episode summed up the performance perfectly.

Get up and show a bit of backbone you puff.

I should have gone Xmas shopping like the Albion fans chanted at us.

Guest TrueToon

Smith is way better than Guthrie, Guthrie isn't even Championship standard so how the hell was he starting at the weekend, One thing i couldn't work out about Hughton...

Really think he has the potential to be our Hayden Mullins.

Pardew will sign the real Mullins.

Mullins was on the radio earlier praising Pardew saying he was a very good manager!!!  I think he might be after a move.

Smith is way better than Guthrie, Guthrie isn't even Championship standard so how the hell was he starting at the weekend, One thing i couldn't work out about Hughton...

Playing Smith is like playing with ten men, nothing going forward, nothing defensively while being a liability 100% of the game with needless fouls and giving opposition dangerous freekicks. Being as shit as Alan Smith is a fuking art form mate.

Guest TrueToon

Hahahahahaa

Guthrie is useless, I get infuriated everytime he gets on the ball,Smith isnt much better,i wasn't saying he is a world beater,I was merely stating he is better than Guthrie which isnt a hard feat.

Guest TrueToon

Seriously mate, you don't know football if you think Smith is better than Guthrie.

Did you watch any of last season?

Please, I'm not stupid.

Why would i judge a players ability on how he copes with Championship standard football?

Now he is playing in a real competetive league he is useless,nothing he has done this season has impressed me, not even as much as a good pass.. not one..

Guest TrueToon

Alan Smith (31 starts, 1 sub app. 2 assists)

Danny Guthrie (36 starts & 2 sub apps. 4 goals, 12 assists)

Its not all about assists and goals, Thats not Smith's job.

Guthrie's job is to pass well,attack and cross the ball well and deliver to the forwards,all of these he is in-capable of...

Guest TrueToon

Can i just make it clear that i couldn't give a toss if Alan Smith walked out tommorow, they are both rubbish, I was just saying Guthrie is worse, He is a poor poor player, Cannot stand the bloke...

Seriously mate, you don't know football if you think Smith is better than Guthrie.

Please, I'm not stupid.

Why would i judge a players ability on how he copes with Championship standard football?

Now he is playing in a real competetive league he is useless,nothing he has done this season has impressed me, not even as much as a good pass.. not one..

You said Guthrie is not fit for Championship football, despite being arguably our best midfielder last season and our highest assist contributor. This in a team that finished top of the Championship, so quite evidently he is fit fot Championship football.

Smith, on the other hand looked out of his depth last season. The man offers nothing, nothing going forward, nothing defensively...absolutely fuck all. He's a complete trainwreck of a footballer and useless in every sense. How anybody can think he has ANY redeeming footballing features in beyond me. The man is a waste of a shirt number.

Guthrie, yeah probably out of his depth at this level and limited physically. However he pisses all over that fraud Alan Smith all day and all night fucking long.

Guest TrueToon

Please, I'm not stupid.

You said Guthrie is not fit for Championship football, despite being arguably our best midfielder last season and our highest assist contributor. This in a team that finished top of the Championship, so quite evidently he is fit fot Championship football.

Smith, on the other hand looked out of his depth last season. The man offers nothing, nothing going forward, nothing defensively...absolutely f*** all. He's a complete trainwreck of a footballer and useless in every sense. How anybody can think he has ANY redeeming footballing features in beyond me. The man is a waste of a shirt number.

Guthrie, yeah probably out of his depth at this level and limited physically. However he pisses all over that fraud Alan Smith all day and all night f***ing long.

Fair comments, Just can't help but hate Danny Guthrie, I don't think you realise how far the hate goes!! I live in the present, fuck the past, Guthrie is shit and so is Smith, hope they both leave asap...

Guest TrueToon

Did this hatred for Guthrie exist prior to West Brom? ??? He was a very reliable player last year, it's just achingly obvious he's not suited to this division.

Yes.It's not a kne jerk.His form has been the same all season.When your main threat is in the air with Carroll and the guy on the end of every free kick and every corner is a player in-capable of hitting the ball past the first man then theres an evident problem...

Guest TrueToon

But Smith gives his all. Have you seen his tackles!? That is a man that would die for the shirt.

This is what i like about Smith.Guthrie I don't get that..(Plus he's the most frustrating player to watch)