Will level 7 be dead this year?

Guest toonlass

If this page of this thread was on facebook, Midds would have been poked by Liam O' just there...

Just passing comment that the most vocal anti-Ashley section of the ground is the very one he's, basically, shut down might not be a coincidence.

(Not an Ashley fan btw, just passing comment)

If this page of this thread was on facebook, Midds would have been poked by Liam O' just there...

Just passing comment that the most vocal anti-Ashley section of the ground is the very one he's, basically, shut down might not be a coincidence.

I can understand that aye. It's counter-productive towards the club though, and therefore lots of other fans who aren't situated there could therefore be disgruntled by this decision - particularly if the atmosphere dips.

Be good if the ground adopted a siege atmosphere mentality not too dissimilar to Stoke when they first came up. Could help force an extra point or two here and there and the players will need all the help they can get in getting points.

Guest Roger Kint

Shut down?

You are having a laugh right? Simply buy a membership and thats it, if you go to 4 or more games it pays for itself, the majority will be ST anyway so arent affected

Shut down?

You are having a laugh right? Simply buy a membership and thats it, if you go to 4 or more games it pays for itself, the majority will be ST anyway so arent affected

'Shut down' was the wrong choice of words tbh. :thup:

He's making people jump through a few hoops to get back to where they were though. It'll certainly dilute that area of fans that were there and spread them out around the ground a bit though.

I can understand that aye. It's counter-productive towards the club though, and therefore lots of other fans who aren't situated there could therefore be disgruntled by this decision - particularly if the atmosphere dips.

It'll still be sold out up there I would think.

Guest Roger Kint

Shut down?

He's making people jump through a few hoops to get back to where they were though. It'll certainly dilute that area of fans that were there and spread them out around the ground a bit though.

Couldnt gauge whether you were being serious or not, agree with you there though however like LLLO says i think it will be sold out anyway :thup:

I've got a season ticket up there so it doesn't effect me but I'm very uneasy about the clubs reasons for doing so. As has been said a lot of anti-Ashley views were aired in that area last season but because people either bought tickets on a game by game basis or bought tickets elsewhere in Level 7 and found a gap it was near enough impossible for the club to police who was up there and consequently ban anyone who whipped out a banner of a slightly rapey nature.

I can't imagine it ruining the atmosphere too much. Last season the people who made the most noise were the people you saw every week.

Fuck sake up there was my favourite place to sit when I head over. Have some great memories of up there last season. Cunts!

:lol:

Get to 4 games and the 12th man costs you fuck all, plus you're on the priority list. Can't see it as that much of a hammer blow (though admittedly there doesn't seem much need for the change tbh).

• 2 weeks later...

Shut down?

Couldnt gauge whether you were being serious or not, agree with you there though however like LLLO says i think it will be sold out anyway :thup:

Midds is right,  i was lucky enough to get an invite to the clubs title winning party at the Diamond in Ponteland last season (Ashley laid on a free bar which was nice!) but anyway me and my mate were talking to Llambias and he said he was going to get rid of the singing corner,  me and my mate said you can't do that it'll kill the atmosphere etc and his reply was that yes but look at all the things they sing about Mike!

So while they might not have "shut it down" they have it season ticket only so know exactly who is in that section of the ground singing nasty songs about Ashley!

Guest toonlass

Shut down?

Midds is right,   i was lucky enough to get an invite to the clubs title winning party at the Diamond in Ponteland last season (Ashley laid on a free bar which was nice!) but anyway me and my mate were talking to Llambias and he said he was going to get rid of the singing corner,  me and my mate said you can't do that it'll kill the atmosphere etc and his reply was that yes but look at all the things they sing about Mike!

So while they might not have "shut it down" they have it season ticket only so know exactly who is in that section of the ground singing nasty songs about Ashley!

So they would know who is in Level 7. Then what? Are they going to cancel the tickets of anyone who sings nasty songs about Mike Ashley?

If you go on the official website, it looks like you can still buy tickets in the leazes corner via the click-on-your-seat screen.

You can, I'm just about to do it for Villa.

So is there a point in buying the membership then if you want to get tickets for there?

If you go on the official website, it looks like you can still buy tickets in the leazes corner via the click-on-your-seat screen.

You can, I'm just about to do it for Villa.

So you can still buy tickets up there? :lol:

Looks like it, unless they ask you for a season ticket/ membership number at the checkout screen

• 4 weeks later...

Don't see the problem with the we don't care about Ashley chant, regardless of scoreline.

The end block was half empty and the back rows around me (central of the LC) were very bare as well. The restrictions put on ticket sales in the LC were obvious for all to see today  :undecided: