Damien Duff signs for Fulham, fee undisclosed

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Take the money. £4m straight away and £6m saved on wages. He could be good for us this year but there's no guarantee. We won't get a better offer for him and his value is only going to go south.

I can understand the need to keep the squad numbers up but he's far from irreplaceable. Sell the gormless twat.

Take the money. £4m straight away and £6m saved on wages. He could be good for us this year but there's no guarantee. We won't get a better offer for him and his value is only going to go south.

I can understand the need to keep the squad numbers up but he's far from irreplaceable. Sell the gormless t***.

This.

I can understand the need to keep the squad numbers up but he's far from irreplaceable. Sell the gormless twat.

As if there's gonna be a replacement

That's actually erm....end of thread.

Why do people think he will be replaced? There is 2 wks of transfer window left. We have no manager and a takeover looks a lifetime away

dream on. If we sell the £4m gets eaten up and we are minus a player and there will be more going

Lets not get into this again, how many assists mate?  He can be the best player on the planet for Villa for all I care but he wasn't keeping us up by contributing no goals.

James Milner? ???

Are we thinking of the same player? He was joint 3rd overall in the Premier League last season for assists. The most was RvP with 11, four players on 10 (Fabregas, Gerrard, Berbatov and Lampard), Milner got 9.

Last season, for Villa, right so was he going to keep us up by being good in Villa's team?  Like I said mate FOR US he produced nothing, his end product was terrible.

He didn't play for us last season so no I wouldn't have expected him to. Saying he produced nothing in his time here is just blatantly making stuff up. The season where we had Sibierski, he got about 10. So he had one poor season - fuck me, hang the kid. Did you see him set a goal up for England against Holland last night?

He got 6 Premiership assists that season, better then Duff or Jonas by a couple but hardly particularly good, and that was probably his best season.  I didn't mean to say he never produced a thing mind, I was talking about the season and a bit leading up to him leaving.

Ugh.

Leave it. What is the point in getting rid. Our squad is so f***ing thin.

Cos he is on 60k a week or near abounce.

jesus in a jet fighter!

Its not sustainable.

But we 100% won't replace him.

I choose keep him and let the new owner work out the finances (if we get a new owner), rather than end up with an even thinner squad and put ourselves in serious risk of ending in some major lower-end of the championship shit.

Ultimately none of us have the books in front of us, we don't know who we can or can't afford to keep. I know keeping these super expensive players isn't a sensible idea, but at least we've got enough football players to put out 11 men each week.

Lets not get into this again, how many assists mate?  He can be the best player on the planet for Villa for all I care but he wasn't keeping us up by contributing no goals.

James Milner? ???

Are we thinking of the same player? He was joint 3rd overall in the Premier League last season for assists. The most was RvP with 11, four players on 10 (Fabregas, Gerrard, Berbatov and Lampard), Milner got 9.

Last season, for Villa, right so was he going to keep us up by being good in Villa's team?  Like I said mate FOR US he produced nothing, his end product was terrible.

He didn't play for us last season so no I wouldn't have expected him to. Saying he produced nothing in his time here is just blatantly making stuff up. The season where we had Sibierski, he got about 10. So he had one poor season - fuck me, hang the kid. Did you see him set a goal up for England against Holland last night?

He got 6 Premiership assists that season, better then Duff or Jonas by a couple but hardly particularly good, and that was probably his best season.  I didn't mean to say he never produced a thing mind, I was talking about the season and a bit leading up to him leaving.

He didn't, he got 8.

Guest neesy111

remember 4 million plus another 4 off the wage bill, that's a lot of money

+ the smaller the wage bill, the more likely that the takeover will happen as more parties would be interested

James Milner? ???

He didn't, he got 8.

Could you tell me which teams he got those eight against?, because I can only see six.

James Milner? ???

He didn't, he got 8.

Where?, could you tell me which teams he got those eight against, I can only see six.

Official Premier League statistics: http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html

People thinking we'll get a load of loan players in are in for a shock. Why would a decent club send their players to us? If we had someone like Shearer in charge I could see other managers thinking a loan to NUFC may do their player some good. At the moment we've only got a few coaches on the club staff. With no manager or a has been manager in charge and a depressed/volatile fan base I'm sure another club would deem it a bit of a chaotic bear pit to throw their player in to for 'experience'.

Its a mystery then.  They probably gave him an assist for Huntingtons goal against the Spuds when Milner crossed it, Huntington headed it off Sibierski and then scored on the second attempt.  Not normally what I'd consider an assist like but whatever.  No idea where they get the eighth from but I suppose I can live without knowing :)

Guest Heneage

In all honesty, my only worry and this goes for any player going out is will he be replaced? I have little to no faith in the youngsters such as Lua Lua and Danquah in their ability to come in and do a job. The Leeds game was should serve as a massive wake up call to those running the place that one maybe two at most are likely to be a success at this club.