Damien Duff signs for Fulham, fee undisclosed

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest DavB93

So from sales so far that's around £20 million received for new players to bring into the club... :snod:

Not for one moment that I think Ashley will spend any of it like but the wage bill must be severly reduced by now (Owen, Viduka, Capcapa, Beye, Marting the big earners).

It's my birthday today and my birthday wish is that the mess that is Newcastle United at the moment be sorted out TODAY.

We can't afford to lose anyone now, he wasn't great in the prem for us but he'll be useful in this league, if they sell him and Taylor thats us in this league for a long long time.

We were going to be stuck in this league for a long time anyway. Losing Duff and Taylor will make no difference. A club with no manager, owner or leader will fail. Fact.

Guest Nufc 4 Ever

i didn't see duff in any of the pics in co.uk  :-[

the lads were training but no duff in any of the pics  :no:

We can't afford to lose anyone now, he wasn't great in the prem for us but he'll be useful in this league, if they sell him and Taylor thats us in this league for a long long time.

We were going to be stuck in this league for a long time anyway. Losing Duff and Taylor will make no difference. A club with no manager, owner or leader will fail. Fact.

I'm not so sure, I reckon we would have at least made the playoffs, even with Kinnear in charge.  NO-one else in this league has any real quality in their squad.  West Brom are probably the strongest team in this league and there aren't many players they have that would improve us.

i didn't see duff in any of the pics in co.uk  :-[

the lads were training but no duff in any of the pics  :no:

Him and Jonas had been on international duty, I very much doubt they'd have been expected to train fully if at all the following day.

Guest Roger Kint

Boils my piss that affordable players like Cranie, Volz, Lovenkrands, Mattock, Cox, Lita etc could have came in for less than the Duff fee.

Guest Nufc 4 Ever

Because he played for Ireland?

yeah i think that's the reason  :celb:

even Jonas didn't appear, but Colo did .. he didn't make a debut anyway  :colo:

He'll still be sold!

Change your Smilie

Guest Nufc 4 Ever

He'll still be sold!

Change your Smilie

:smug:

let's just hope he doesn't get sold

but anyway i don't agree that duff only worth 4m

He'll still be sold!

Change your Smilie

Aye 1.5 is my estimation

Guest Nufc 4 Ever

He'll still be sold!

Change your Smilie

Aye 1.5 is my estimation

so your saying that we should take it ?

i see that we take it if ashley sells the team first, and then we will be able to use the money

Guest Phil K

Hopefully the cash goes on Andy Driver from Hearts.

Though i doubt it.

Probably go towards Ashley's failing business empire.

Guest Roger Kint

Hopefully the cash goes on Andy Driver from Hearts.

Though i doubt it.

Probably go towards Ashley's failing business empire.

The one called NUFC? I agree

Manager Roy Hodgson has confirmed Fulham are closing in on Newcastle winger Damien Duff.

Fulham have offered Newcastle £4million for the Republic of Ireland international, who became a regular at Blackburn when Hodgson took over at Ewood Park in 1997.

Hodgson rates Duff highly and the 30-year-old is keen to move back to west London where he spent three years with Chelsea.

"The clubs are talking and I hope the deal will go through. He's a player that interests us," he said. "Damien and I go back a long way from when we worked together at Blackburn. He wants to come back to west London.

"Damien had injury problems at Chelsea and has done well at Newcastle given the turmoil there.

"Every time he's played for Ireland he's consistently been one of their best performers. We know what we'd be getting with Damien - he's an experienced and quality player."

Oh it's going to be a long fucking season.

If i could close the transfer window tonight, i would. We're not going to get anyone good in and we simply can't afford to lose anyone else.

We're fucked like.

Manager Roy Hodgson has confirmed Fulham are closing in on Newcastle winger Damien Duff.

Fulham have offered Newcastle £4million for the Republic of Ireland international, who became a regular at Blackburn when Hodgson took over at Ewood Park in 1997.

Hodgson rates Duff highly and the 30-year-old is keen to move back to west London where he spent three years with Chelsea.

"The clubs are talking and I hope the deal will go through. He's a player that interests us," he said. "Damien and I go back a long way from when we worked together at Blackburn. He wants to come back to west London.

"Damien had injury problems at Chelsea and has done well at Newcastle given the turmoil there.

"Every time he's played for Ireland he's consistently been one of their best performers. We know what we'd be getting with Damien - he's an experienced and quality player."

That's that then. Not a bad price and another big wage off the bill for an aging player that has never lived up to his potential. We need players in though!

Oh it's going to be a long fucking season.

If i could close the transfer window tonight, i would. We're not going to get anyone good in and we simply can't afford to lose anyone else.

We're fucked like.

Don't worry, with Ryan Taylor flying down the wing tomorrow night no one will even realise Duff's gone  :cheesy:

We still have the most quality in the whole Champonship, only problem is we're thin now and we're running out of time, injuries will f*** us over and we will be relegated if nothing is done soon.

We replaced Beye with Simpson

now we need to replace Duff and Martins and Bassong.