Damien Duff signs for Fulham, fee undisclosed

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:laugh:

I still believe this poll would be more like 70/30 towards selling him if he hadn't scored last week.

I think it's more the fact that we are currently down to the last 18 members of our squad, there are 17 days left of the transfer window, we have no manager in place and there is no evidence that any funds being raised from last season's or this summer's transfers actually being invested in the club in the next half month.

I still believe this poll would be more like 70/30 towards selling him if he hadn't scored last week.

I think it's more the fact that we are currently down to the last 18 members of our squad, there are 17 days left of the transfer window, we have no manager in place and there is no evidence that any funds being raised from last season's or this summer's transfers actually being invested in the club in the next half month.

Explain where I denied any of that. ???

I'm just saying I think people are outrageously fickle; that's why I started that Smith thread which had hilariously similar results. The week before last people were prepared to give both away. Now we should be turning down £4m.

Tbh I think LuaLua deserves a run in the side, and probably should have been used more towards the end of last year. We're not in the position to hold him back, and admittedly based on not much I think he might surprise a few.

You mean if he hadn't proven - as if he needed to - that he'll be a useful player for us in this league? Aye, i agree. :lol:

Tbh, it's a more the fact he's "living human being with two legs" that seals the deal for me. We're running out and we'll get relegated at this rate. Think that was BlueStar's quote but i could be wrong...

Tbh I think LuaLua deserves a run in the side, and probably should have been used more towards the end of last year. We're not in the position to hold him back, and admittedly based on not much I think he might surprise a few.

You mean if he hadn't proven - as if he needed to - that he'll be a useful player for us in this league. Aye, i agree. :lol:

People seem to have ignored the fact he was garbage against WBA - good finish though.

You mean if he hadn't proven - as if he needed to - that he'll be a useful player for us in this league. Aye, i agree. :lol:

People seem to have ignored the fact he was garbage against WBA - good finish though.

Precisely. Yet he's going to 'tear up this division' for some reason.

Bit touchy the neet?

You made a comment that the goal has swayed people's opinion, and both me and Skirge said it was more the situation that we are in.

I would gladly take just getting him off the books, not to mention getting money for him which would be a bonus, as he has had a few false dawns here, but would rather have him playing for us if come the 5th September we're shoe-horning Guthrie into either of the winger roles.

Bit touchy the neet?

You made a comment that the goal has swayed people's opinion, and both me and Skirge said it was more the situation that we are in.

I would gladly take just getting him off the books, not to mention getting money for him which would be a bonus, as he has had a few false dawns here, but would rather have him playing for us if come the 5th September we're shoe-horning Guthrie into either of the winger roles.

Not touchy man. :)

My point was that I totally accept the situation is dire, but that goal seems to have made people think he's suddenly better than he really is. As I said, the situation was equally dire the day before WBA and I bet many more people would have been jumping for joy at getting £4m for him then. Just being cynical I guess.

If you can't see that Duff's gonna be a useful member of the squad - if for the very fact he's seasoned footballer - then i don't know what you're on.

We're going to have no one left. I can't understand why people can't see that.

In all honesty - i put myself second only to Wullie when it comes to Duff-bashing over the years. I can't stand the little runt and i've despised the fact he's been a member of our club for the last three seasons - essentially from the moment he signed cos we didn't need him. He was shit in the Premier League but he's got the attributes to be alright in this league. And more importantly, he's an existing member of the squad - a winger aswell, of which we're going to have only Kazenga Lua Lua left soon.

Guest Heneage

He's not magiclly become better Dave, the player he is against has become worse. With a thin squad I'd be tempted to keep him.

He's not magiclly become better Dave, the player he is against has become worse. With a thin squad I'd be tempted to keep him.

I thought the same way about Oba, Bassong and Beye but in economic and contribution terms they are all probably much bigger losses than Duff. Their sales were all justified by plenty here, so I don't see how we can make a special case for Duff now it's his turn.

Guest Heneage

'Useful'? 'Alright'?

£60,000 per week. :undecided:

If I was assured that some form of replacement was to come in I'd be happy to drive him there myself, and the Simpson deal has made me more unsure as to Ashleys policy.

I thought the same way about Oba, Bassong and Beye but in economic and contribution terms they are all probably much bigger losses than Duff. Their sales were all justified by plenty here, so I don't see how we can make a special case for Duff now it's his turn.

I think it's different here cos Duff was less of an inevitably. I sorta singled out a few players in my mind who were bound to stay - not ideal but it'd do us a favour. Duff, Taylor, Guthrie, Carroll, Edgar aswell... they fell into that category, and it's just a ballache if they were to leave aswell. Martins and Bassong were always going to go. I'd accepted it long before relegation tbh.

Agree again btw, Nixon.

I think it's different here cos Duff was less of an inevitably. I sorta singled out a few players in my mind who were bound to stay - not ideal but it'd do us a favour. Duff, Taylor, Guthrie, Carroll, Edgar aswell... they fell into that category, and it's just a ballache if they were to leave aswell. Martins and Bassong were always going to go. I'd accepted it long before relegation tbh.

Agree again btw, Nixon.

The only reason I thought Duff would be here was that no one would pay his substantial wages. Martins wasn't that bothered about leaving, Bassong and Beye were looking for better contracts as far as I know.