Damien Duff signs for Fulham, fee undisclosed

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the club can not afford the wage bill blah blah - he will tear this league apart and will create chances and score goals no chance of going back up if all we are worried about is the wage bill. If the fat twat took the offer on the table would not be his concern anway. Look foward to many years in the fizzy pop thats if we do not go down again.

Damien Duff. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you even watched him for the last few years in our strip?

To be fair we didn't play in the Championship for the last few years..

Is he going to try harder against worse opposition or something?

No he's going to be better against worse opposition, because, well... they're worse :lol:  Its not difficult like Dave :)

Not if he puts in the same pitiful effort he won't.

I can't get over how split this is. :lol:

Cos he's better than his understudy and won't be replaced. It's not fucking rocket science.

If this were two months ago i'd agree with you, but we need to get promoted. There's only a slim chance of that as things stand... take out more and more of our first eleven and it's not going to get any better. You're right in that we can't sustain their wages but promotion to the Premiership is the biggest paycheck in world football.

Leave it. Pains me to say, but leave it. He'll be one of our better players this year.

we wont sign anyone so leave it

If Ashley is really looking to not sign anyone then obviously he isn't going to turn down this offer so its pointless to hope that'll happen.  I mean its a much more likely scenario for us to sell Duff and bring in a loan player to cover.

Is there not a limit on the amount of loan players that can be signed though?

I don't really give a shit if Ashley has to put more cash in the club to pay Duff 60k a week when the other option is that we sell him and the transfer fee & wages wont be used to improve the playing squad in any way.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I reckon its Spuds

Robben knocked them back and he would have been a hell of a lot more expensive than Duff

Would be insane not to accept that kind of an offer! Duff represents the worst value for money IMO. He's sort of a player we might need this season but NOT with that kind of a contract he's having...I guess it's surely closer to 80K a week than 50K. Loss of a million is something I'd take anyday with Duff

If we have a pending offer of 4 million for Smith too...only someone in for Ameobi for 5 million is missing. Such a proven goal score at the highest level(only need 20 chances to covert one of them). Have they gone crazy in the Premier League?

Out of the current squad, there's no one I'd trust to place the ball in the back of the net when through one-on-one more than Damien Duff.

Sell Geremi - he's probably on the same wages.

Sell Butt - ditto.

There's worse players than Duff on those kind of wages.  We need players like Duff if we're to have ANY HOPE of being promoted again.

Indeed. We'd probably still get that fee for Jonas, so sell him and lose nothing instead of our top scoring and assisting midfielder last season.

Duff was putting the effort in at the end of last season aswell when the rest turned into fannies.

Duff was top scoring with a magnificent 3 but he certainly wasn't most assisting.

Well he was if you add both together.

And that 'magnificent 3' can be trebled in this league.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/championship/2008-2009/league-tables/top-goalscorers.html

The ones on 20+ wouldnt get 8 in the premier league, the players around 10 would struggle for 3.

If Ashley is really looking to not sign anyone then obviously he isn't going to turn down this offer so its pointless to hope that'll happen.  I mean its a much more likely scenario for us to sell Duff and bring in a loan player to cover.

Three isn't it?

Three isn't it?

If FM's anything to go by, there's various little rules. I think you can get about six all in all... a maximum of three Under21s or something. The length of the loan also becomes a factor.

If this goes through thats a potential

Owen 105k 5mil+

Cacapa 40k 2mil

Viduka 75k 3.7mil

McLoven 25k 1.25mil

Beye 40k 2mil

Martins 70k 3.5mil

Edgar 5k 250k

Bassong 5k 250k

Duff 70k 3.5mil

Over 20mil a year off the wage bill

Gonzales as well, I'm sure we were paying his wages while he was here on loan.  Probably about £25m in wages gone in total if Duff leaves.

Out of the current squad, there's no one I'd trust to place the ball in the back of the net when through one-on-one more than Damien Duff.

Sell Geremi - he's probably on the same wages.

Sell Butt - ditto.

There's worse players than Duff on those kind of wages.  We need players like Duff if we're to have ANY HOPE of being promoted again.

Indeed. We'd probably still get that fee for Jonas, so sell him and lose nothing instead of our top scoring and assisting midfielder last season.

Duff was putting the effort in at the end of last season aswell when the rest turned into fannies.

Duff was top scoring with a magnificent 3 but he certainly wasn't most assisting.

Well he was if you add both together.

And that 'magnificent 3' can be trebled in this league.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/championship/2008-2009/league-tables/top-goalscorers.html

The ones on 20+ wouldnt get 8 in the premier league, the players around 10 would struggle for 3.

Both together? He wasn't most assisting.

If this goes through thats a potential

Owen 105k 5mil+

Cacapa 40k 2mil

Viduka 75k 3.7mil

McLoven 25k 1.25mil

Beye 40k 2mil

Martins 70k 3.5mil

Edgar 5k 250k

Bassong 5k 250k

Duff 70k 3.5mil

Over 20mil a year off the wage bill

Gonzales as well, I'm sure we were paying his wages while he was here on loan.  Probably about £25m in wages gone in total if Duff leaves.

Is this assuming we all have a fucking clue what any of the players are on anyway?

Guest Stephen927

Norwich had like 19 loan players last season i'm sure.

You can have as many as you like, but I believe you can only play a set amount of them!

Not sure about Championship level, but in the Premiership I think you're allowed 5 in total, with only 2 allowed to be from other Premiership clubs, might be the same for the Championship.