So say we got offered £4m for Smith

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's not needed.

Duff on the other hand is questionable, how many wingers have we got?

Smith isn't a striker or a midfielder, not that we need his talents in either position.

Get rid.

We have players to play in Smith's position. We have none to play in Duff's position. Therefore, sell Smith, keep Duff.

Aye, fuck off a load of players cos we "don't need them". One or two players for every position is ample. Injuries do not occur, nor do dips in form, and competition for places is generally a bad egg in English football. We as a club can attest to that as well as anyone; Championship ftw.

:doh:

Keep until January.

We should try and keep hold of the likes of Smith, Duff, Enrique until January, by which stage hopefully we will be closer to knowing our chances of getting back up or not. Not to mention also have the time and hopefully the stability to attract replacements in .

It could be £4mill for Butt its still no, we need everyone we have left, its not rocket science..

No way, you'd reject £4m for Butt?  I could understand rejecting an offer for Smith but not that prick, he actually hurts our performance when he plays.  He's the only player we have left I'd accept any offer for without thought.  I was actually hoping he'd stays injured because I just know when he's fit he'll be the first midfielder on the team sheet, at the expense of the likes of Guthrie and Barton who are far better players.

Aye, fuck off a load of players cos we "don't need them". One or two players for every position is ample. Injuries do not occur, nor do dips in form, and competition for places is generally a bad egg in English football. We as a club can attest to that as well as anyone; Championship ftw.

:doh:

Good point.  I wouldn't mind keeping Smith, but if it were somehow a choice between him and Duff, then I would keep Duff. Personally I don't think we can afford to lose anyone else.

Same as Duff, can't afford to sell him because of the size of the squad.

agreed

who would replace him?

Well we would still have Nolan, Barton, Guthrie, Geremi and Butt (:() for two positions.  As well as younger players like Vuckic.

Guest Magpie007

Cant believe it seems more important for some people to cut our wages down than to submit a squad of 18 players or what ever to each match :kasper:

spot on -

Smith will do a job in this league - doubt many people konw the quality of the teams we will face and how the likes of smith and duff will match up against them.

Judging by his peformence in the last game, and the fact that it dosn't look like were signing anybody, i'd say keep.

Oh my god. :lol:

Isn't that all we can do though? This league is inferior (Stephen Carr got promoted FFS), so we are all in the process of watching how the team perform at this level and adjust our mindset as to what is and what isn't good enough. It will take a while to fully establish what a good player is and what a good player isn't at this level.

Agree with this. I don't know why some people seem to have it in their heads that playing in the championship is in any way comparable to playing in the premiership, and that the same level of ability is required, because frankly the gulf between the two divisions couldn't be any wider.

Smith looked good against WBA and he'd look good against most of the shit in that division.

Judging by his peformence in the last game, and the fact that it dosn't look like were signing anybody, i'd say keep.

Oh my god. :lol:

Isn't that all we can do though? This league is inferior (Stephen Carr got promoted FFS), so we are all in the process of watching how the team perform at this level and adjust our mindset as to what is and what isn't good enough. It will take a while to fully establish what a good player is and what a good player isn't at this level.

Agree with this. I don't know why some people seem to have it in their heads that playing in the championship is in any way comparable to playing in the premiership, and that the same level of ability is required, because frankly the gulf between the two divisions couldn't be any wider.

Smith looked good against WBA and he'd look good against most of the s*** in that division.

I said it BEFORE West Brom and i'll say it again (seeing as you're only as good as your last game on this forum):

Alan Smith is too good for this league. He's the one player we should really strive to keep.

I'd honestly say he's the one player left in the squad who's indespensible.

He'll make us tick this season and give us the bite we need. Without him we'll have no bite in midfield.

Agreed. But then again, there's none so blind as those who will not see.

He'll make us tick this season and give us the bite we need. Without him we'll have no bite in midfield.

Give it a rest man. We get it. You're on the wind up. Very funny.

Is he? Really? ???

Agreed. But then again, there's none so blind as those who will not see.

Although some have made their minds up on Smith already and won't change it.

Is he? Really? ???

Yep.

Yeah, my opinion's different to yours so i must be a WUM.

Grow up.

Yeah, my opinion's different to yours so i must be a WUM.

Grow up.

Says the person who compared David O'Leary to Jose Mourinho.

Grow a brain. I fear for your personal safety if you're not on the wind up.