Newcastle United 3 - 0 Reading - 15/08/09 - post match reaction from page 22

JH

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/89811973.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D011D11EF1DFC5845E983E197BD7A12476A6C5E2DF34CA0ABA

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/89811992.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D00213E14292BF9340983E197BD7A12476E1B36090B1B27AA4

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/89812051.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D098CBE4615900A0120F074386B50A7D9B33D9614C4B6D40D0

I'm so happy for him I could cry :lol:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Harper - 6 not tested

Colo - 6 looked bit wobbly at times

Taylor - 7 good game, geordie

Enrique - 8 great cross for the 1st, good game productive and good movement

RTaylor - 7 great cross for SHola's 2nd

Barton - 6 silly booking solid otherwise

Nolan - 7 some good passing/effortbut some shit moments too

Smith - 6 ok in the middle but could have been sent off lost his head for a bit

Jonas - 7 effective ball carrier ineffective at everything else. served his purpose though

AMeobi - 10 hat trick hero, flawless performance. immobile but has the time for his grace to show in this league

Carroll - 5 ineffective and squandered possession/chances.

Guest firetotheworks

Harper 6

R. Taylor 7

S. Taylor 8

Coloccini 7

Enrique 9

Barton 7

Nolan 7

Smith 6

Jonas 7

Carroll 6

Eto'o Ameobi 10

Are you guys sure? They were talking about Lua Lua and then mentioned that Reading were linked with Rasiak of Southampton straight after.

Pretty sure they didn't link Lua to them.

You could be right. I thought they were talking about Lua Lua, but I hadn't heard anything of it before.

I just asked someone if it's true and he said he's heard nothing and he usually hears things regarding Southampton.

Worried about Joey Barton's injury.

Would be a massive blow to us if it was serious :/

If he's gonna play on the wing, he might as well stay injured. Was f***ing gash out there today.

Apart from setting up the goal, Putting some great crosses in like the one Nolan and Carrol missed and making some generally nice play.....

Apart from a decent cross or two, he did nowt out on the wing. Most of his play was in-field, where he really needs to be when he comes back from injury. There's no point in having him out wide.

And as for the goal setting up and the nice play, I didn't say he was crap today. I said he was crap out on the wing, which he was.

Worried about Joey Barton's injury.

Would be a massive blow to us if it was serious :/

If he's gonna play on the wing, he might as well stay injured. Was f***ing gash out there today.

Apart from setting up the goal, Putting some great crosses in like the one Nolan and Carrol missed and making some generally nice play.....

Apart from a decent cross or two, he did nowt out on the wing. Most of his play was in-field, where he really needs to be when he comes back from injury. There's no point in having him out wide.

And as for the goal setting up and the nice play, I didn't say he was crap today. I said he was crap out on the wing, which he was.

Nothing wrong with Barton playing narrow.  Enabled Taylor to overlap a lot, which y'know helped us score a goal.

Also having Barton, Nolan and Smith as a defensive unit should boss this division.

Think we've found a balanced midfield lads :o

Harper 6 - Nothing to do. Refreshing thing to say.

R Taylor 6 - Great cross for the 2nd. Some good tackles. Good performance.

S Taylor 6 - Solid. Put himself about when he needed to.

Coloccini 5 - Was awful first half. Improved in the second.

Enrique 8 - Absolutely cracking performance. Great going forward, superb cross for the first. Solid in defence.

Barton 7 - Determined. Lots of effort and did well at moving the ball. Just needs to get more involved in the box.

Nolan 7 - Extra point on the effort for the 2nd. Got in some good positions going forward.

Smith 7 - Played the holding role very well. Some tasty tackles but that is what I want to see from him.

Jonas 6 - Messed his best chance up somehow. Got in some great areas and learnt how to shoot second half. Linked up well with Jose.

Carrol 6 - Did well at holding the ball up. Deserved a goal really.

Shola 9 - Has to get MOM just ahead of Enrique. Took all his chances well. Great moment for him.

Subs

Geremi 6 - Not much to do. Was s.olid on the ball

Xisco 6 - Looked lively. Could be useful this year.

Lua Lua 6 - Pacy, tried to take too many men on, but looks very promising.

I'm feeling so optimistic about it all now. Especially seeing as Moat was with them in the crowd, reckon that must mean a deal is close.

It's supposed to be all up to that loan of Barclay's, so I wouldn't be so sure.

I'm feeling so optimistic about it all now. Especially seeing as Moat was with them in the crowd, reckon that must mean a deal is close.

Definitely on imo. Sat in between Ashley and Llambias. Very encouraging.