Colo -CB

Enrique -LB

Taylor -RM

Barton - CM

Smith - CM

Jonas - LM

Ranger - CF

Ameobi - CF

Not going to happen though , were going to play 4-5-1 and Nolan will be in there somewere.

Palace are a pretty poor squad and they've apparently got their share of troubles at the boardroom level.

I wouldn't be too worried and expect a draw at worst. Cardiff in a few weeks time will probably be our first real challenge.

Butt is back... first defeat to come now?

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1763224,00.html

Butty Boost For Palace Trip

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United skipper Nicky Butt returns to the squad for this weekend's trip to Crystal Palace.

The 34-year-old required surgery on a dislocated thumb sustained during the pre-season victory at Darlington and has been sidelined since.

Butt is United's most decorated player with six Premier League titles, two FA Cups and a Champions League winners medal, and coach Colin Calderwood feels that experience will be key to the Magpies' promotion drive.

"We're delighted to have Nicky back in the squad for Palace," he told nufcTV.

"We will need players of experience and quality to get out of this division and Nicky has stwo in abundance."

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United skipper Nicky Butt returns to the squad for this weekend's trip to Crystal Palace.

The 34-year-old required surgery on a dislocated thumb sustained during the pre-season victory at Darlington and has been sidelined since.

Butt is United's most decorated player with six Premier League titles, two FA Cups and a Champions League winners medal, and coach Colin Calderwood feels that experience will be key to the Magpies' promotion drive.

"We will need players of experience and quality to get out of this division and Nicky has stwo in abundance."

WTF

By Craig Hope

I thought Butt was looking at his "options" after being told to drive to Manchester to get treatment for his hand? If his thumb is mended I suggest he uses it to hitch a lift and fuck off out of Newcastle.

By Craig Hope

I thought Butt was looking at his "options" after being told to drive to Manchester to get treatment for his hand? If his thumb is mended I suggest he uses it to hitch a lift and f*** off out of Newcastle.

:mackems:

Barton still out. Bad news really.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1763243,00.html

United Won't Risk Joey At Palace

By Craig Hope

JOEY Barton will return to light training on Friday morning but won't be risked during this weekend's South London showdown with Crystal Palace.

The midfielder watched from the stands as his team-mates recorded back-to-back home victories during Wednesday's 1-0 win over Sheffield Wednesday - last Saturday's 3-0 triumph against Reading having been the match in which Barton limped out with a foot injury.

And coach Colin Calderwood told nufcTV that the Scouse schemer will rest over the weekend rather than join the squad in the capital.

"I think the doctor's order is for Joey to rest over the weekend," he said.

"We've got Nicky Butt and Danny Guthrie coming back so, what you lose with one hand, you gain with the other.

"Joey will do some light training on Friday morning but Saturday will come too soon."

Guest Stephen927

Calderwood thinks that the doctor says he should rest over the weekend?

Why doesn't he know it, instead of just thinking.

I'd like to see us go for:

Harper

Simpson Taylor Colo Enrique

Taylor Guthrie Smith Jonas

Ranger Shola

But think the line up will be:

Harper

Simpson Taylor Colo Enrique

Taylor Butt Smith Jonas

Nolan

Ameobi