Chris Hughton

Keefaz

Exactly Prophet.

Credit where credits due especially considering the materials he has at his disposal and the circumstances he's working under.

To think he could get us promoted just for Shearer to stroll in and have another go does not make sense and is a poor way to treat anyone doing such a good job.

Exactly Prophet.

Credit where credits due especially considering the materials he has at his disposal and the circumstances he's working under.

To think he could get us promoted just for Shearer to stroll in and have another go does not make sense and is a poor way to treat anyone doing such a good job.

You're right, Hughton should be given a four year contract.  :facepalm:

Exactly Prophet.

You're right, Hughton should be given a four year contract.  :facepalm:

4 years?

WTF?

Two defensive line-ups at home on the bounce now. For no real reason. We'd just gone away and pummeled four past the keeper... there was no real reason to have two grafters in the midfield in Butt and Smith. Interesting to see what he does on Saturday but i hope he fucking goes for it this time. Bristol haven't won away from home.

For once, it wasn't his fault today.

Made the right changes when I would have done the same.

Starting line-up was a question mark, but it worked at Ipswich so...

it worked because Nolan was on fire. Despite Ipswich's woeful defence the two strikers didn't really trouble and Butt was his usual woeful self.

The starting line-up tonight was horribly wrong and in truth they battered us for the first 20 minutes

it worked because Nolan was on fire. Despite Ipswich's woeful defence the two strikers didn't really trouble and Butt was his usual woeful self.

The starting line-up tonight was horribly wrong and in truth they battered us for the first 20 minutes

What do you expect Hughton to do? I know we were average bar that 5 minute period last Saturday, but we still won comfortably at 4-0.

"I know we won comfortably at Ipswich lads, but I'm going to completely change it around tonight" - it just doesn't make sense to do it.

Of course it wasn't the right line-up, but he had no real choice IYAM.

the whole 'don't change a winning team' philosophy is rubbish tbh. Especially when you're playing 2 games in just over 3 days.

I don't particularly agree with it, but most managers do. Hughton was in a lose-lose situation, if he'd changed the team and shape and we'd had the same result, most would have blamed it on that.

The result against Ipswich did hide a few sins though. We haven't actually played very good football for a lot of the season but we have defended well and picked up the points. The midfield is still shite as it was last season which is why we end up playing long ball crap.

At least Hughes is recognising that Butt is a liability now and subbing him early. Hopefully that means he will not be starting on Saturday.

Hughes?

If he though Butt was a liability he wouldn't be starting him twice in 3 days

Hughton (or Hughesy for short!) is basically a coach so he still finds it difficult to leave Butt out of the starting line up. At least he took him off early though, let's be thankful for small mercies.

We play more long balls with a fella who played in a good footballing Spurs side than we did when we had the x-Wimbledon manager in charge. PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT MEAN I WANT JFK BACK.............I AM JUST SAYING!!!!

What makes me laugh is that he keeps coming out after the games and saying we didn't keep the ball as well as we would have liked. Ummm...well who's fault is that Chris? Keegan's side passed the ball on the deck because they were instructed to. If we are lumping the ball long when we aren't supposed to then it doesn't say much for the coaching standards.