La Liga 09/10

Mr. Snrub

Thing is we don't do developmental loans. We prefer our promising players to train with our squad, develop partnerships and soak up the way we play. If we loan a youngster out, it's because we don't think he's good enough and is being put in the shopping window. That's why I don't think this rumor is true, at least the Bojan part.

Thing is we don't do developmental loans. We prefer our promising players to train with our squad, develop partnerships and soak up the way we play. If we loan a youngster out, it's because we don't think he's good enough and is being put in the shopping window. That's why I don't think this rumor is true, at least the Bojan part.

Irrelevant I know, but I was checking some of the players you loaned out and I saw that Barca spent 92 million + Samuel Eto'o and made 2 million euros last year. That's monstrous.

I think it's about €70-75m net spend? Still huge mind, and not very well used. Sometimes I wonder if we have so good homegrown players because we have such an awful transfer record and we have to play them no matter what.

Cáceres, Henrique, Hleb, probably both Zlatan and Chygrysnky (still giving both next season, mind), Keirrison... all these past two seasons. Only Alves and Keita have made it. Not really convinced about Pep's transfer accumen, although Txiki's a crap DoF.

You'd be better of spending mental money on World class players that are guarenteed to come off rather than hefty somes on these players for the future.

Aye, I think Alves is the blueprint we should follow. Expensive, but non-risk.

On another subject, there's speculation that Atlético threw the game against Sevilla today (3-1 to Sevilla against Atlético reserves). If Sevilla qualify for the CL, Atlético are guaranteed an Europa League spot even if they lose bot Cup and EL finals.

You'd be better of spending mental money on World class players that are guarenteed to come off rather than hefty somes on these players for the future.

On another subject, there's speculation that Atlético threw the game against Sevilla today (3-1 to Sevilla against Atlético reserves). If Sevilla qualify for the CL, Atlético are guaranteed an Europa League spot even if they lose bot Cup and EL finals.

That's why you should go for Villa, although he is old.

Good job Mallorca are ahead then.

That's why you should go for Villa, although he is old.

Good job Mallorca are ahead then.

And Bilbao equalizes. Jinx!

I would take Villa for 30m, tops. I would pay mental money for Torres, though (although a bit worried about his knee).

Torres should be the player Barca are looking at, you signed Zlatan as someone that could play a different style, score headers and the like, Torres is one of the best headers in the world and he would surely be perfect for Barca with his pace and workrate.

What a result for Mallorca this is, winning at Bilbao is impressive.

Neither Barça nor Madrid have won at San Mamés this year (well, we did in the Spanish Supercup). This result keeps them in the front seat for the 4th spot race and hopefully gives them a good motivation for next weekend's game.

Heck, a CL campaign would go a great way towards saving the club.

Chori Castro is class. Used to be Jonás understudy. Better end product, but less workrate (not that he's lazy, but Jonás just has better fitness and physique).

You settled with Mallorca over Jonás' transfer, didn't you? Mallorca are broke and you could easily pick up some of their players if you're in good terms.

Chori Castro is class. Used to be Jonás understudy. Better end product, but less workrate (not that he's lazy, but Jonás just has better fitness and physique).

You settled with Mallorca over Jonás' transfer, didn't you? Mallorca are broke and you could easily pick up some of their players if you're in good terms.

We bought fucking Marcelino off them, they must love us.

I'd take Aduriz and Castro off Mallorca for defs. Alvarez and Suarez have impressed me alot aswell. To be honest I'd take Borja Valero but he bombed at WBA so probably worth staying away from.

I'd take Aduriz and Castro off Mallorca for defs. Alvarez and Suarez have impressed me alot aswell. To be honest I'd take Borja Valero but he bombed at WBA so probably worth staying away from.

Problem with that is that Aduriz and Chori Castro play in areas you have reasonably covered (a tall striker/target man and a skillful left winger).

González has had a truly great season, he was regarded as a talent while at Real Madrid but this is the first season he's shown it, so it could be and one-off and he's 29.

This is Suárez second season in the top flight and before that he had very good stints in Second Division teams. Decent shout and he's physical enough for the PL, I think.

Which La Liga centre forwards would be within our price range VI?

La Liga strikers aren't generally adapt to playing in the Premier League tbh, you seem to be better at producing attacking midfielders/second strikers (which we could probably do with aswell). However there must be some out there worth a look at. Soldado and Aduriz are two I've seen that might be good enough, the former being more in our age range.

Which La Liga centre forwards would be within our price range VI?

La Liga strikers aren't generally adapt to playing in the Premier League tbh, you seem to be better at producing attacking midfielders/second strikers (which we could probably do with aswell). However there must be some out there worth a look at. Soldado and Aduriz are two I've seen that might be good enough, the former being more in our age range.

All the La Liga strikers that I would recommend without hesitation are probably out of your price range, or just too old. To be honest there's a bit of a dearth of quality mid-range strikers in La Liga nowadays.

Soldado is probably the best bet without a doubt. He's always scored 10+ in La Liga every season he's been a starter. He doesn't have great technique or pace, but I think he's just a very smart player: he's always making intelligent runs and getting himself into goalscoring positions, and has a tremendous work rate. Reminds me a lot of Raúl on that regard, without being as good as he was of course.

I think the Osasuna fans nicknamed him "Gudari" which means "soldier" in Basque. Sums him up I think, as I believe he has the necessary steel to impose himself in the English game.