Cardiff City vs Newcastle United 13/9/09 Pre Match Thread - 2:05 KO, live on Sky

LiquidAK

What you'll find today is a football team that'll try and beat you by playing football.Today's match will be a rarity for you in this division.Theres about a dozen teams in this league that know they haven't got a chance to out play you so you'd better get used to being kicked about a bit.The other thing is if you've got any prima donnas they'll quickly find that the level of protection given by the refs is far less than the prem.If the best footballing sides always won the league we would be up by now.Nice to play you guys again though.I well remember the last time you were in this division-came down and effin toyed with us.The fortunes of both clubs could not have been more different since.Had many good nights down the pub watching you guys in europe.The ones that seem to get promoted often do nothing till Xmas then buy a side in the jan transfer window then get promoted.

all the best  T.

What you'll find today is a football team that'll try and beat you by playing football.Today's match will be a rarity for you in this division.Theres about a dozen teams in this league that know they haven't got a chance to out play you so you'd better get used to being kicked about a bit.The other thing is if you've got any prima donnas they'll quickly find that the level of protection given by the refs is far less than the prem.If the best footballing sides always won the league we would be up by now.Nice to play you guys again though.I well remember the last time you were in this division-came down and effin toyed with us.The fortunes of both clubs could not have been more different since.Had many good nights down the pub watching you guys in europe.The ones that seem to get promoted often do nothing till Xmas then buy a side in the jan transfer window then get promoted.

all the best   T.

O0

So, guesses at a team?

Harper

Faylor          Taylor                          Enrique

Barton          Butt            Smith            Guthrie

Nolan

Ranger

Bear in mind that I've been paying no attention to tem news for two weeks, so some of these guys (Butt, hopefully) might be injured or something.

Hughton has just about enough tactical nous to know you're allowed 11 players tbh Shak.

Rubbish, 30 years in the game and years spent behind the scenes and you think he knows nothing about tactics?  The only reason people called him clueless was because he couldn't prevent our demise last season which neither Kinnear nor Shearer could do either.  He's not the greatest manager but nor is he the worst.

I know you're not being 100% serious (or at least I hope not) but I thought I'd defend him anyway.  :aww:

Hughton has just about enough tactical nous to know you're allowed 11 players tbh Shak.

Rubbish, 30 years in the game and years spent behind the scenes and you think he knows nothing about tactics?  The only reason people called him clueless was because he couldn't prevent our demise last season which neither Kinnear nor Shearer could do either.  He's not the greatest manager but nor is he the worst.

I know you're not being 100% serious (or at least I hope not) but I thought I'd defend him anyway.  :aww:

:lol: Check my posting history, I've been defending Hughton since his second spell as caretaker (pre-Shearer). I'm probably the biggest Hughton apologist on here.

Also, having said that, I reckon the likes of Roeder probably would have played a 4-4-3 every game if the backroom staff hadn't whispered to him you're allowed only 11 players at a time.

Harper

Simpson          Collocini          Taylor              Enrique

Smith

R Taylor              Guthrie          Nolan          Barton

Ranger

My guess X1

TEAMS

CCFC: David Marshall, Paul Quinn, Anthony Gerrard, Mark Hudson ©, Tony Capaldi, Peter Whittingham, Gavin Rae, Chris Burke, Joe Ledley, Michael Chopra, Jay Bothroyd

Subs:

NUFC: Steve Harper, Danny Simpson, Fabricio Coloccini, Steven Taylor, Jose Enrique, Joey Barton, Alan Smith ©, Danny Guthrie, Ryan Taylor, Kevin Nolan, Nile Ranger

Subs: Tim Krul, Tamas Kadar, Geremi, Nicky Butt, Kazenga LuaLua, Peter Lovenkrands, Ryan Donaldson

official

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1795795,00.html

Frazzle

Not negative at all.

We have no strike force, but the best defensive record.

They have the league top scorer and we are away.

Got 0-0 written all over it.

Perhaps, I am slightly worried without Shola and Jonas.  I still think our midfield will be too good.  Or maybe that's hope rather than expectation.  :undecided: