Peterborough vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Thread - CC - 22/09/09 - 7:45 KO

Crumpy Gunt

My standing ones came today.

Despite the terrace holding 4000 I think we were only given 1800 for it so guessing we'll be shoved in one corner of it.

Pub wise the ones talked about on the footballguide website are not bad having been in the cherry tree one before the FA cup game down there.

Because it seems our numbers might be a bit lacking for this game, how about we all decide on a pub to go to and make sure we go there, so we can at least try and create something close to the normal away day experience and maybe get a song or two going pre match? It's just I don't actually know anyone personally that's going to this game. Pleased there's a thread for it on here though.

They're coming thick and fast now!

A toughy. I'd be very tempted to weaken up slightly, especially what happened to Shola and Jonas in the 2nd round.

Krul

R Taylor  Colo  Khizanishvili  Kadar

Geremi    Butt    Nolan    LuaLua 

Ranger  Loven

Subs:

Harper, Carroll, Taylor, Guthrie, Barton, Smith, Enrique.

Or something similar. Give Kadar, Kru and LuaLua the runout, let Butt think he's needed again and give Lovenkrands the extra play he needs - seems quite off the pace atm.

If we win, we win. If we don't, at least we don't suffer anymore key injuries.

Its now that the penny really should drop that we should be bringing another 3 or 4 in on loan and looking at some free agents. The games are coming thick and fast. I'd play a weaker team, but still want a win to keep confidence up.

A toughy. I'd be very tempted to weaken up slightly, especially what happened to Shola and Jonas in the 2nd round.

Krul

R Taylor   Colo   Khizanishvili   Kadar

Ranger   Loven

Subs:

Or something similar. Give Kadar, Kru and LuaLua the runout, let Butt think he's needed again and give Lovenkrands the extra play he needs - seems quite off the pace atm.

Weaken up slightly!

With Geremi, Butt and Nolan all in your 4 man midfield you should certainly achieve that aim.

If we went with a weakened team and got put out of the cup I wouldnt really be bothered tbh. I would much rather have the week off so the lads can rest for our next league game. Tough one to call, we seem to be conceding more now so ill go for 2-1 to us.

Krul

R Taylor   Colo   Khizanishvili   Kadar

Ranger   Loven

Subs:

Weaken up slightly!

With Geremi, Butt and Nolan all in your 4 man midfield you may should certainly achieve that aim.

I saw 'slightly' because Nolan, Geremi, Lovenkrands, Ranger, Taylor and Colo are all still in there. I've taken out the good ones though yeah :lol:

If we went with a weakened team and got put out of the cup I wouldnt really be bothered tbh. I would much rather have the week off so the lads can rest for our next league game. Tough one to call, we seem to be conceding more now so ill go for 2-1 to us.

I reckon with a team like that, we'll go 1-0 down, Hughton will throw on Guthrie, Carroll and Barton/Smith and we'll get it to 2-1; but it could end with another injury setback.